Chefelf.com Night Life: Prince Harry - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Prince Harry Member of the Third Reich...

#16 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Jan 17 2005, 10:34 PM)
Sime, that last statement was a breach of the official secrets act.

It's Ok, I'm Australian, so I'm exempt.

QUOTE (Helena @ Jan 17 2005, 11:01 PM)
These are the type of people who probably still refer to America and Australia as 'the colonies...' rolleyes.gif

Oh...Crap...
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#17 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jan 14 2005, 07:52 PM)
In 500 years NAZI's will get a break.  People will look at them as the great protagonists of that century.  And sporting Nazi costumes will be no more of a statement than dressing up as Roman Praetorian Guard.

that's uncanny...

that's exactly what i said...
well, actually... when i first head about it, my exact words were...

how is it any different from dressing up as a roman soldier...?
or even the devil?

or making a sitcom about a nazi POW camp 20 years after the fact?

#18 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:42 AM

You know, I really don't think it's PCism gone amuk for people to think it's tasteless and even appalling for the Prince of England to be wearing a Nazi costume. Roman foot soldiers, fine, they did their deeds thousands of years ago and have passed into the historical whitewash that Jordan talked about--no matter how bad it got, it was long enough ago that we can appreciate their silly hats. The Nazis, however, did not do their thing thousands of years ago; they did it 60 years ago. There are plenty of people alive for whom the Nazis are a personal memory, even, not just a family memory. It's in bad taste for almost anyone to dress as a Nazi, I think, and like it or not, the rules are even more stringent when you are a member of a royal family.

But, you know, it's definitely not the worst thing a world leader/dignitary has done recently.

And, Natives and colonials? Did Prince Phillip suggest that one?

#19 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:33 AM

I believe the Colonial comments\suggestions are normally Princess Michael, but Prince Philip, a shambling relic of the British empire, is far the most famous for his quotational blunders:

"If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?" - On the subject of banning firearms after the Dunblane incident.

Fortunately most people over here think he's an idiot, we just need to inform everyone else.....
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#20 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:42 AM

That cricket comment was pretty awesome. I was thinking back (all the way to 1986!) when Prince Phillip told a group of UK students in Hong Kong that if they stayed in Hong Kong much longer, they'd "all go slitty eyed." (As evidenced in this rather charming article on the BBCs website)
http://news.bbc.co.u.../uk/4170765.stm --

However, point well taken about Princess Michael, who I believe was here in scenic New York when she allegedly told some noisy patrons at the table beside her in a restaurant to "go back to the colonies." Delightful!

#21 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 05:04 PM

Hey, good for him on the cricket thing. Why hurt everybody by attacking the symptom of the problem, rather than the cause?
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#22 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:06 PM

*Warning Lecter has gone almost 36 hours without sleep so this may make no sense/have nothing to do with this*

I think the whole colony thing is fine, I mean they are all doing much better than they were before they were colonised... Most of them are quite industrised now, whereas before they were just people out living in mud shacks and digging up roots to eat. (And yep, that last bit was a joke) I mean the whole point of natural selection is that the most powerful nations dominate the lesser ones, but in turn they accept that they may be dominated at some point (example: Britain and America, if Britain hadn't have dominated America it wouldn't have been such a great power, but because it did it created its main rival, untill they agreed to be friends). What I say is, give some of these commonweath countries a few decades and they will probably be kicking all our asses too.

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 21 January 2005 - 07:24 PM

#23 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:32 PM

But the point of politics is to keep from being dominated in any way possible, the less scrupulous the better!

Edit: I'd also like to point out that the night life rules have been updated, rendering my drivel fecal matter. There's a link to them in the localized forum rules, just click on the post for it up there at the top, separated by a divider. No, up just a little more. There you go. I'm not going to link it AGAIN on this dreadful pseudo-html system.

This post has been edited by Slade: 21 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

#24 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Slade @ Jan 21 2005, 10:04 PM)
Hey, good for him on the cricket thing. Why hurt everybody by attacking the symptom of the problem, rather than the cause?

Because we don't really own guns in this country, most of the native animals have mutated due to unchecked pollution, and we don't have the excuse of keeping the king of England out. (except in Scotland, but we're all drunk). However, double barrelled shotguns are still legal, as are crossbows and harpoon guns. There's still potential for hunting 2 legged burberry game.....

Lecter, I'm not even going to get involved in that stuff. Get some sleep and edit the post in the morning.

Oh, and is princess Michael a guy or a girl? or has he\she had a sex change? No respect for naming conventions these royals.....
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#25 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 09:20 PM

What if he dressed up as Jesus? or Perhaps Josef Mengele? Johann the Jew-Killer? Would that be alright with you fools? He's a public figure, and a rich one. An elitist. The public is bound to be upset when George Bush's daughters dress up like hookers on Halloween.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#26 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:41 PM

But Bush's daughters ARE... haha nevermind that would just be too easy. I think that there are some things that are just dumb. The nazis did fuck britain up and his costume was actually well fought out and not an actual parody. How this could be allowed by not one but two members of the royal family I don't know. I hope next time he goes dressed as George Bush, that would make me laugh.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#27 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2005 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jan 22 2005, 02:20 AM)
George Bush's daughters dress up like hookers

What else is new?
QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jan 22 2005, 02:20 AM)
What if he dressed up as Jesus?

www.jesusishitler.com

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 22 January 2005 - 04:13 AM

#28 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 22 January 2005 - 09:18 PM

Haha. Wow... Seriously.

Problem was the Swastika was an Indian good luck symbol. The Nazi thing is relatively new.

Edit: Retardedness.

This post has been edited by Slade: 22 January 2005 - 09:19 PM

#29 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:17 AM

Svastika was a symbol of fire for old Slavs. Only I think the bent arms were to the other direction.
Anyway, I know that my country took it especially badly. It is a sensitive subject for Polish people since we've been invaded and suffered so much from Nazis. For someone representing Englsad, allegedly our allies in the war, to wear svaskitka was pretty insensitive.

I've heard they are planning to send the prince to Poland, to visit concentration camps and all, to make him realise that Nazis were not a Halloween joke, they were prettly real blokes.

Funnily enough, much as pro-western and pro-English we are, one school was seen protesting and carrying a banner saying "Harry we don't want you".

#30 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:57 AM

If you ever go to the Eimskipa house in Iceland, you'll see a big ol' svastika on it. This summer we sent home a jewish family in shock when they saw it. They went on to flag Iceland as a nazi nation on their blogg.

The Nazis never came to Iceland, so I have no idea how the survivors and those who suffered feel. My only experience with Nazi/Hitler influence has been in Germany, and I know it's a big spot of shame there and now it has lead to a diabolical circle of censoring. You can't show the Svastika or any other shape that might be assigned to a racist group of people there.

I personally find nothing at all distasteful about dressing up as a Nazi, they had amazingly stylish uniforms that are still gorgeous, in my opinion. During gay pride, last year, a couple of men wore Nazi uniforms and no one thought anything off it. (People were more upset about them wearing leather...) But as I said, I propably don't just get it.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size