Chefelf.com Night Life: Prince Harry - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Prince Harry Member of the Third Reich...

#1 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:30 PM

http://newsvote.bbc....5.stm?display=1

I really don't see the problem with it:
a. The was probably advised to wear it
b. How really cares about the royal family?
c. It's not like hes told people to kill jews
d. It's not the first time someone has worn a nazi uniform as a joke
e. The royal family is german anyway

p.s for the last one is meant as a joke not as a rascist remark

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 14 January 2005 - 01:31 PM

#2 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

Yea, I don't really see a problem with it at all, but because he's royalty... I mean for god's sakes, he was at a COSTUME party! You're allowed to dress up at a costume party...
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#3 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:29 PM

Not if you could be considered politically uncorrect in ANY way at all you can't!
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#4 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:43 PM

What the party prince seems to forget is that as a member of the British royal family, he's a representative/ambassador for our country. what he does reflects on all of us, Weather he likes it or not. If he abdicates, he can goosestep his way through Bradford, but until then, he has to show a little intelligence (hard enough with the royals being inbred and all biggrin.gif ).

'sides, he went as an affrika corps guy; something that carries conotations with more groups than just the Jews. If he'd had any sense he'd have gone as Montgomery....
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#5 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:59 PM

He must not have any sense or he would've gone as one of a million other outfits you can get at any Party City.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:52 PM

In 500 years NAZI's will get a break. People will look at them as the great protagonists of that century. And sporting Nazi costumes will be no more of a statement than dressing up as Roman Praetorian Guard.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:51 PM

Ummm no, Jordaan, I don't think so. That's like saying that its currently acceptable to dress as someone from the Spanish Inquisition or something.

Hmmm the Afrika corps... I cant quite recall the official history behind that so correct me if I'm wrong but weren't they the group that saw the most combat with the English during WW2 in Algeria and Libya?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#8 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:21 PM

I'd like to dres up as a roman footsoldier some time.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#9 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2005 - 01:35 AM

It is ok to dress up as a member of the Spanish Inquisition.

Or Genghis Khan, or even a modern Al Qaeda terrorist.

But not a Nazi.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#10 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 15 January 2005 - 02:52 AM

Give it 500 years. Time washes everything clean of all 'good and evil' it becomes old and mystic.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#11 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:42 AM

JM : You're correct about the Afrika corps. Field marshal Rommel's troops. However, the name still lives on with various pro-white racist groups across Africa.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#12 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:41 PM

Personally, I believe that it doesn't matter a monkeys that he's a royal, since they're purely ornamental nowadays.

I'd normally not raise an eyelid at him being a Nazi either, and was all prepared to write a full rant telling the world to STFU, as its said, but it was apparently a charity bash for the tsunami victims. In such a case, some tact is required, I think.

If you factor out the tsunami-ness, however, I really can't find a groundble objection to it.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#13 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:45 AM

I assumed it was a planned publicity stunt to detract attention from the fact that there is officially no WMD's.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#14 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:34 AM

Sime, that last statement was a breach of the official secrets act.
IPB Image

#15 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

I agree that the media has overreacted, but honestly, what the hell was he thinking? Laughlyn is right - someone in Harry's position should have more sense (and this isn't the first time he's publically disgraced himself in recent months, either). I'm sure he's not actually a Nazi and it was meant to be a joke or soething, but the kindest thing you can say about such a 'joke' is that it was in extremely poor taste.

Come to think of it, who but the British upper classes would hold a 'natives and colonials' fancy dress ball in this day and age? These are the type of people who probably still refer to America and Australia as 'the colonies...' rolleyes.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size