• +

The Lord of London second in the London Nights Trilogy

#31 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:52 PM

Editing is for editors, writing is for me! And, Movie Goer, if a fellow writer and intellectual was surprised than I can imagine that noone else will see it coming, and that's a really important thing. Not only because I like to surprise the reader but because I dont want people to figure out anything that Chris can't since it would make him look stupid. However, conversely I do hope I dropped enough hints that Septimus wasn't on the level. And now, for my apparently sole reader I will present Chapter 8 , the dramatic conclusion of The Lord of London. There is one chapter after this but I feel that ch8 presents a good enoug conclusion while still leaving things very open. I would post the whole thing but I'm just being careful to make sure noone snatches it.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 11 February 2005 - 11:56 PM

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#32 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:17 AM

Excellent work, my friend. The tragic villain, the epic scale of the final showdown... it was all there.

Although, I'd just like to say something in response to what you said in your post:

Yes, there are people out there who get paid to edit the work of writers. However, if you're serious about your writing (and I know you are) then you should do your own editing beforehand. You need to get your grammar right, get your story flowing and eliminate all spelling errors. I think it will help you in trying to get people to read your work as well. Think of it as a courtesy for your readers.

There's a good book out there on this subject, and many others for aspiring writers. It's a book by Steven King called On Writing and it discusses editing, among many other things that I think people like us should know.

If nothing else, I think you will also find it to be a damn good read.

And here endeth my five cents on editing. To me, editing is as much the writer's job as the story is.

However, that aside, you've written a good novel and I think it did what you hoped it would. It was able to stand alone and had a strong ending that you couldn't just predict from the word go.

So good luck with this vampire trilogy project. And remember -> editing. wink.gif

#33 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 13 February 2005 - 02:13 AM

Oh yes I agree that I should be able to spell and self edit to an extent. The problem with this novel is it was originally hand written and I had to type it up so that was a bit of a feat.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#34 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:20 AM

Okay, fair enough. But I'm glad we agree about the editing responsibilities of the author.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size