Chefelf.com Night Life: Guilty pleasures from the special edition? - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Guilty pleasures from the special edition? I have committed a great sin

#1 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:28 PM

I know in my heart that the CGI Jabba - both of them - look very wrong and out of place, but I've always been a Han Solo fan, and I love watching Han in this scene, even though the CGI Jabba isn't fit to wipe to the dirt off Han's boots.

Then there's the altered music at the end of ROTJ. While the change comes a few years too late, the new music sounds more befitting for the celebration than the original ewok song - the altered music has a more serious and spiritual tone to it that almost makes it uplifting. Too bad in the super-special edition the scene is ruined by the ghost of Hayden Christensen.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#2 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 08 January 2005 - 02:46 PM

Well then, how about the yub-yub song with Hayden. That would be a comical moment and therefore a happy ending alright. And Lando looks a little like he's laughing, too.

Hayden and that, mood music (mind you, anything's an improvement) together justs kicks up disgust and makes me want to spit. And turn my head, quickly before they show that lucky s.o.b.'s name!

#3 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 January 2005 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Despondent @ Jan 8 2005, 02:46 PM)
Well then, how about the yub-yub song with Hayden. That would be a comical moment and therefore a happy ending alright. And Lando looks a little like he's laughing, too.

Hayden and that, mood music (mind you, anything's an improvement) together justs kicks up disgust and makes me want to spit. And turn my head, quickly before they show that lucky s.o.b.'s name!

putting HC at the end of return of the jedi's is possibly the worst thing ever in a star wars film, it completely takes you out the film as well make you think of the prequels.

#4 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:51 AM

I have to admit, I like the new song in Jabba's Throne room in Return. The old one actually embarassed me enough to admit I wasn't a Star Wars fan to my friends. It didn't even sound alien like the music in the cantina, just like some crappy cheesy 80's aerobic dance. At least in the SE it sounded a little more alien, even with the added muppet singing. And the song at the end definitely is an improvement from the ear shattering Yub Yub. The changed music is one of the few good choices Lucas made for the SE's.

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 09 January 2005 - 12:54 AM

#5 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 09 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

Of course I have to hold my head high with the replacement of the yub-yub song.

But after faithfully attending the three re-introductions in '97, our group was deflated when it came to that part. We'd just been gleefully singing it at the snack bar, for goodness sake. Yet lucas changed that part and I understood it as an improvement. But my childish association of the movie had been forcibly erased in an unsettling way.

#6 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 09 January 2005 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Michel Orla @ Jan 9 2005, 12:51 AM)
I have to admit, I like the new song in Jabba's Throne room in Return. The old one actually embarassed me enough to admit I wasn't a Star Wars fan to my friends. It didn't even sound alien like the music in the cantina, just like some crappy cheesy 80's aerobic dance. At least in the SE it sounded a little more alien, even with the added muppet singing. And the song at the end definitely is an improvement from the ear shattering Yub Yub. The changed music is one of the few good choices Lucas made for the SE's.

I agree that Lapti Nek is a HORRIBLE song. Also, it WAS a workout song. It was sung by the Huttese equivalent of Olivia Newton John wearning leg warmers. And the translated lyrics are actually about working out:

QUOTE (Lapti Nek Lyrics)
Huttese

Ab queck zenick fesi
Zong jup col im in na hiz jal, ooh
Wow!
Wa toc peg qui dos gee pif, aah
Joc jarraz bas deg zorze zot
Jer wih tuster mo vey
Qui neb be og ezen on
Wok lapti nek seb not van
Goc jarraz bas deg zorze zot

Lapti nek, rat a ran wim joct co jappi qaff
Lapti nek, kiv ba ha top wep jex pi va bep
Lapti nek, rat a ran wim joct co jeppi quaff
Wow!

Ab queck zenick fesi
Jem wih tuster mo vey
Qui neb be og ezen on
Wah toc peg qui doz gee pif ezact

Lapti nek, rat a ran wim joct co jappi qoff
Wow!

Deg zorze zot
Jem with tuster mo vey
Qui neb be og ezen on

Deg zorze zot
Wow!

Wow!
Wow!

English Translation

Feel my body growing
My bones have started glowing, ooh
Wow!
The time has come for showing
That I'll shape you up and work you out
My body feels excitin'
My soul is synthesizin'
My whole frame is jumpin'
I'm workin' out and havin' fun

Work it out, you've got to move your soul
Work it out, you've got to feel the heat
Wow!

Feel my body growing
My body feels excitin'
My soul is synthesizin'
The time has come for showing
I'll shape you up and work you out

Wow!

Work you out
My body feels excitin'
My soul is synthesizin'

I'll shape you up and work you out

Work you out
Wow!

Wow!
Wow!

See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:52 PM

WOW ohmy.gif

#8 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:30 AM

A long time ago ... er, the eighties... in a galaxy far, far away....

#9 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2005 - 04:53 AM

And I thought that that song was just a bunch of gibberish words that sound nice! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif :x

#10 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:55 AM

Well, I wouldn't mind the new ending to RotJ, except that it seems ridiculous that we see everyone celebrating on Coruscant. I know the Rebels have dealt the Empire a severe blow, but surely it wouldn't just collapse altogether within five minutes of the Death Star's destruction? There must still be millions of Imperial troops and officers around the galaxy, and presumably they must have had some kind of contingency plans for the event of the Empreor's death. I have a feeling that the war would go on for quite a lot longer than this.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#11 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Helena @ Jan 10 2005, 08:55 AM)
Well, I wouldn't mind the new ending to RotJ, except that it seems ridiculous that we see everyone celebrating on Coruscant. I know the Rebels have dealt the Empire a severe blow, but surely it wouldn't just collapse altogether within five minutes of the Death Star's destruction? There must still be millions of Imperial troops and officers around the galaxy, and presumably they must have had some kind of contingency plans for the event of the Empreor's death. I have a feeling that the war would go on for quite a lot longer than this.

I'll be covering all that in my review. Look for it next Monday on Lance & Eskimo. smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#12 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:07 PM

Not just that, but why would the Imperial forces just surrender immidately after the Rebels blew up the Death Star and took the Emperor with it? Even though the Rebels are apparently outfighting the Imperials, the imps STILL have a major numerical advantage over them.

#13 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:45 PM

You know, like in the Wizard of Oz when the witch of the west goes down. All her bad guys wipe their eyes and la la la. But this time, no Abu Gharib charges, ok?

#14 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 11 January 2005 - 12:04 AM

Chefelf - the reasons to hate the DVD edition of Return of the Jedi are coming? For real?

Mate, we've all been hanging out for those.

#15 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (Chefelf @ Jan 10 2005, 05:44 PM)
I'll be covering all that in my review.  Look for it next Monday on Lance & Eskimo.  smile.gif

Yay! cool.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size