Chefelf.com Night Life: OriginalTrilogy.com - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

Page 1 of 1

OriginalTrilogy.com Has anyone here signed the petition?

#1 User is offline   The Scornful Roman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Post icon  Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:42 PM

Hello. I was just wondering if anyone here has signed the petition over at OriginalTrilogy.com. It is a plea from the fans for the preservation of the OT as it was originally seen in the theatres, and I've already put my name on it.

Does anyone here know when the petition will officially be sent to George Lucas?

Perhaps he'll listen to us if we can get up enough support...

#2 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:46 AM

As bad as it sounds, doing these things is pointless. It's not like Lucas didn't know that it would generate a storm of controversy when he decided not to release the OOT on DVD, he already knows theres a large fanbase who'd like to see it, so what good will a petition do?

#3 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:20 AM

We'd have to present it to Lucas in terms of lost revenue. It's our best bet...

... but even then, it's unlikely he'd bend because I'm absolutely certain that he did what he did out of spite.

I just wish that the rights to Star Wars belonged to 20th Century Fox and not this nasty little prick ~ then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now.

#4 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:33 AM

ONLINE petitions are meaningless. Most written ones to fly. I signed a petition to have a prof removed from teaching a course, most of the class did aswell. He still teaches, and that was 2 years ago.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#5 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 January 2005 - 09:23 AM

I agree with Jordan. I'm a registered member at OriginalTrilogy.com but I haven't signed their petition. Online petitions are useless and stupid. The only purpose they serve is to make a group of people come together and complain about something. That's all fine and good but online petitions give them the false sense that their complaints, when joined with the complaints of other anonymous fools, will be heard and addressed.

They're useless for just about any cause. However, what indication has Lucas given anyone that if enough people speak up he will release the original movies? None. People have voiced their concerns. He has ignored them. End of story.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#6 User is offline   The Scornful Roman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 January 2005 - 10:52 AM

This makes me sad. crying.gif I thought that we had a shot there for a moment. Turns out I was wrong.

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 06 January 2005 - 10:43 PM

if loyalty to his fans, his younger self, the crew, other filmakers, and filmaking in general, wasn't going to change his mind...

what makes you think he'll listen to bunch of nerds he'll asume already purchased the version he wanted out?

#8 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 08 January 2005 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (The Scornful Roman @ Jan 3 2005, 08:42 PM)
Hello. I was just wondering if anyone here has signed the petition over at OriginalTrilogy.com. It is a plea from the fans for the preservation of the OT as it was originally seen in the theatres, and I've already put my name on it.

Does anyone here know when the petition will officially be sent to George Lucas?

Perhaps he'll listen to us if we can get up enough support...

I went there, I signed the petition and I'm damn proud of it. I don't know why, but I am proud in a strange way. I've also gone on their message boards under the name "Han Solo VS Indiana Jones" and found that the folk there are friendly though not as lively as the folk here (though I did recieve an amusing response to my user name: "I believe Solo would fry Dr. Jones' ass.")
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#9 User is offline   CowboyCurtis Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I lose interest in more things each and every day as things grow more and more mediocre and substandard...

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:03 PM

I signed the petition with the thought that it might...hopefully...vainfully..make a difference. It is sad if that (other than not purchasing any more of Lucas' merchandise) is the only recourse to affecting disgust with what has become of these films.
Flying Ferret

Battle for the Galaxy--read the "other Star Wars"

All I know is I haven't seen the real prequels yet.

#10 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 09 January 2005 - 12:04 AM

I signed the petition ages ago actually - because there's no effort involved so why not? However, I doubt it will make a difference.

I'd say sign it because it doesn't hurt... but don't get your hopes up.

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size