Chefelf.com Night Life: Monkey Island - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Monkey Island I found it's location...

#16 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (revoltoncube @ Jan 12 2005, 10:21 AM)
but didn't King Kong win, making Godzilla now dead?

Popular misconception. They battled it out in the water and only Kong arose to the surface, then he swan back to his island. In the Japanese original however, the last thing you hear is Godzilla's roar. He's not dead, he's just underwater (and we know that he can survive underwater). It was a draw, but the last soundbite was edited in the Western version.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#17 User is offline   Elf Lord Dartanus Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:07 AM

I'd like to see Godzilla fight Gojira, I feel it would be evenly matched.

#18 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (revoltoncube @ Jan 12 2005, 10:21 AM)
I'd like to see Tony Blair vs Godzilla...

Ha! That would be worth paying for!

Tony:You see Mr Zilla... Can I call you God?
*Godzilla looks at him blankly*
Tony: The tories may not be giving good hard working reptiles like youself any breaks... But us *New Labour* understand its hard to bring in a proper wage when you're under qualified, covered in scales and destroy 10 building just by getting up in the morning... Although my friend George manages quite well... Well anyway... We *New Labour* are in full support of you, and if you vote for me in the general election... I *promise* that we will give people like you a 20% tax cut, how does that sound?
*Godzilla stands on him*

THE END

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 12 January 2005 - 12:11 PM

#19 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:52 AM

yeah but i think Tony Blair has a mean streak in there somewhere...

I think he is the drill Seargant at MI-5/6...now if he drills James Bond, he has gotta be cooler!

oooh! what about Sean Bean Vs Godzilla? he rocks, he is hard!

#20 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:09 AM

Isn't I wonderful hat he plucky British public still have more faith in our Intelligence services than the government. I doubt that'd be the case if Tony was in charge:

Tony: 'Now James, You see, We've had to cut you budget somewhat..um..You now drive an XR31, but um, it's got a cup holder!
James: Who's that?
Tony: Oh, that's just the new head of department, Lord Falconer. Um, He's just putting up some £350 a roll wallpaper just now, but, well, he'll be modernising MI5.
James: What happened to Moneypenny?
Tony: Well, Um, I appointed Cherie in her place.
James: That does it! I'm going to work for the Russians!
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#21 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:25 AM

Quite aside from the idea that Mr Blar-Blar-Blar is even tolerable, let alone hard...

QUOTE (revoltoncube @ Jan 13 2005, 10:52 AM)
I think he is the drill Seargant at MI-5/6...now if he drills James Bond, he has gotta be cooler!

If you can read the double entendre in that... sick.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#22 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:28 AM

ok, but what about 'tory boy' William Hague?

#23 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jan 13 2005, 02:25 PM)
If you can read the double entendre in that... sick.gif

laugh.gif sick.gif laugh.gif

funny, but sick

#24 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (revoltoncube @ Jan 14 2005, 12:28 PM)
ok, but what about 'tory boy' William Hague?

The Mekon don't hold any power no more. He's a public speaker these days. Vlad on the other hand would probably turn MI5 into the secret ninja assasination squad, send them on missions to exterminate werewolves.

And Kennedy? He's a drunk.
IPB Image

#25 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:34 AM

I still say we ought to vote in The Monster Raving Loony Party...

Less Is More v4

#26 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:01 PM

Godzilla would make an excellent canidate. I would pay to see a monster elected president/prime minister/whatever. But not in a movie, because that would be something Ian Maxtone Graham would put in a Simpsons episode. Curse his bilous bitter black heart...

And of course Gojira and Godzilla would be evenly matched. They are the same creature! It's just pronounced differently by people who have L's in their language.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#27 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Jan 14 2005, 01:34 PM)
I still say we ought to vote in The Monster Raving Loony Party...

Sadly the MRLP are bitterly split into 2 factons, without the leadership of Screaming Lord Such (RIP), they can't get themselves organised. (Had a drink at their headquarters once - it's a pub!).

That only leaves the Natural law and the BNP.

Oh and Godzilla.
IPB Image

#28 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:22 AM

I suggest we found a party of our own, based on such noble ideals as lowering taxes for everyone, not wasting money on stupid giant tents that look like tits from the sky, and legalising marijuana with all due haste.

Plus, not sucking up to the twat in the White House, and knocked the prejudice out of Britain. Policies on abortion, asylum seekers, and visiting Martians to be determined.

I dibs PM, who's in my Cabinet?

Less Is More v4

#29 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:26 AM

Can I be home secretary. or do I have to poke my eyes out o be blind to public opinion first?
IPB Image

#30 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:27 AM

Blindness to public opinion is entirely optional, but only allowed if you have a Grade 3 gimmick to cover it over. Therefore, poking your eyes out is entirely optional...

Less Is More v4

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size