Chefelf.com Night Life: Our Least Favorite Actors/Actresses - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Our Least Favorite Actors/Actresses Actors/Actresses we love to hate

#1 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:51 AM

What actors out there irritate you so badly that you would rather see them flipping burgers for a living than making millions of dollars doing two or three films a year? Off the top of my head, I'd be a lot happier WITHOUT Jamie Kennedy & Hayden Christensen. The women of TV's now defunct "Friends" are rather irritating, as are Kate Beckinsale and Jennifer Garner.

Anyone else?

This post has been edited by Lord Aquaman: 24 December 2004 - 11:53 AM

I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#2 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:21 PM

So Many...

Ben Affleck
J-Lo
Julia Roberts
Ashton Kutcher
Sharon Stone (Howard Stern said it best with her, "She shows her snatch and became a big star. Can you name anything else on her resume that justifies her as a big star?")

#3 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2004 - 09:14 PM

Jennifer Aniston. That talentless, and irritating, hack should be flipping burgers at a small fast food outlet. And she shouldn't ever be at the counter because frankly speaking, I think she'd be offputting to customers.

#4 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:21 AM

Yikes. Tell us what you're really thinking MG. LOL

I agree that JA is just another actress, and has yet to show the range of some of her less attractive peers, but she's fine at what she does. BTW, I am not a fan of the films she'd in, so she never messes up my fun.

Guy I could do without: Keanu Reeves. I know, he's in a load of fun movies, but in any one of them I'd have preferred Christian Bale. Now he's going to play John Constantine, nailing shut the coffin on another potentially good another comic book adaptation. Should I bother to mention that Constantine is English, charming, and intelligent? Physically, he's based on Sting when he was younger. (See for yourself). And when a studio decides to run with it, they cast Ted Theodore Logan, the Duke of Ted. Did anyone see Bram Stoker's Dracula? This guy seems as out of place among the supernatural as I would.

Honorable mentions: Anna Nicole Smith, Kevin Costner, George Bush (yes I said ACTOR!). yell.gif
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#5 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:40 AM

Will Smith, to be sure. I'm not sure about his more recent works (haven't seen I, Robot yet, and I've got a good number of reasons not to, bar someone getting a pirate copy).but if I had a dying need to see Will Smith playing yet another wise-cracking character called Will Smith, I'd just watch some Fresh Prince re-runs. Then I'd saw off my ears with a pen-knife for such gross silliness.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#6 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 09:48 AM

Good call on Christian Bale.

I just recently watched a low budget movie called EQUILIBRIUM. Starring Christian Bale, Sean Bean, Taye Diggs, and William Fitchner.

The movie is slightly campy (bad guys walk around in Motorcycle helmets) but still has an appealing quality to it.

In short - WW3 took place. Mankind decides the world could NOT live through WW4. So the survivors recreate a high tech society that demands everybody to inject an emotional supressing drug (equilibrium) into their neck. This will ensure WW4 does not happen since everybody is under the power of EQUIILBRIUM they can't get mad, greedy, jealous, but also can't experience happiness, etc...

Any how, Christian Bales character IS a complete knock off NEO from Matrix. They look, dress, and act in the same manner. The only difference is Bale does it better.

I think Equilibrium would have done well as a high budget sequel to MATRIX. Bale could have played Neo's son, a human born during the fall of the machines. Same story as above. Nobody wants machines or wars so they take drugs in the neck.

Ya, Christian Bale, good actor.

PS- I,Robot is one of Will Smiths best movies.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 29 December 2004 - 09:52 AM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#7 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:12 AM

Have to agree there. Smith does a good job of not ruining I, Robot.

And although I don't hate him, I just think Guy Peirce(as in Momento)looks weird, which makes it hard for me to take him seriously.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#8 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 29 December 2004 - 02:04 PM

Chris Klein annoys me...kinda of a less talented Keannu. Actually you can group alot of the young Hollywood actors into that mix.

I think Will Smith is very talented, espc watch Ali, however, he plays the same smartass in EVERY action film he is in. Gets really annoying. Bad Boys 1&2, Men in Black 1&2, Wild West, Independance Day, I, Robot...all the same character.

Throw the untalented Duff sisters as well.

The Wilson brothers blow as well.

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:13 PM

I'm not a Richard Dreyfuss fan, and not just for political reasons. He's on the radio talking now about how "budget cuts" are keeping our talented children out of band so won't you please donate to the Mister Holland's pompous foundation or something. (Hey Hillary, donate another saxaphone.)

I never saw what was so great about Julia Roberts either. Maybe I ought to watch a film of hers?

the guy who played Jango F. I hate him.

#10 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2004 - 04:19 PM

Yeah Equilibrium is really good, and Bale (and Diggs actually) is very underrated.

I think Affleck gets too much hate. He made a bunch of bad choices this past year (along with Pearl Harbor before that) but he really isn't that bad an actor. I for one think he was fine in both Daredevil and Paycheck (actually, I think Daredevil was better than the first Spiderman, but that's another debate), and any problems with the movies have not been with him but with the script/director. Never saw Gigli, fine, sometimes people just have movies that bomb, but that alone should not make him a hated actor. He gets heat for the J-Lo thing and for Gigli, and all of a sudden he's a horrible actor, and that's not fair. With a good script, he could give as good a performance as a bunch of other good actors in Hollywood. He just has to be more discerning.

Will Smith is one of the most engaging actors on screen. I don't even care if it's the same character (which it isn't) I love watching him.

To tell the truth, I can't really think of any actor I hate. They all have their moments.

Though Hayden Christensen does come to mind.

#11 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 29 December 2004 - 05:24 PM

Vwing, please explain what makes "Daredevil" superior to "Spider-Man 1" (I know SM1 had its flaws but worse than "Daredevil"??? Please explain...)

I don't really like Cate Blanchett. I find that woman very off-putting...
I am the Fisher King.

#12 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 December 2004 - 07:19 PM

Aquaman, here's the thing. I wouldn't phrase it that Spider-Man was worse than Daredevil, that's not how I'm looking at it. I think Daredevil was better than Spider-Man. I liked Spider-Man, it was a very good, fun movie, despite its flaws. But I thought Daredevil was just superior.

First of all, they made Murdock's "sight" exactly how I would've done it. I thought it was brilliantly executed, made it look like he saw what Jedi saw with a Force sense, it was very cool. I actually wish more of the movie was from his perspective, but as it was, it was really well done. The action scenes are made cooler because of it, and the love scenes are made more beautiful because of it (the scenes in the rain with Garner are fabulous).

Second, let's look at our villains. You have Michael Clarke Duncan as the perfect Wilson Fisk. He's huge, imposing, and has a great deep voice. You have Bullseye, who's probably the highlight of the movie. They can use it for humorous effect, or for dramatic effect, and he's played by Colin Farrell with the perfect balance of menace and camp.

Third, and most importantly, we have the story of Daredevil himself. I know, the origin deviated from the comic book, but it's a very tough, very dark story, and I love that he's a lawyer by day, and a crime fighter who "convicts" those who get away by night. I think Affleck played him very well. As Daredevil, he's hard-edged and rough. As Murdock, he's fairly nonchalant about his disability, able to laugh but still be serious (also, Affleck is very good playing him blind, you really can't notice that he sees, something that is very tough). Is he too good to be true? Yeah. But as someone like that, Affleck makes him a believeable character.

Fourth, Jennifer Garner is great to look at, and sometimes that's all that matters smile.gif.

Bad things about the movie? The fight scene in the schoolyard, the scene with Evanescence playing in the background, and just the fact that apparently DD was also bitten by a spider, which is the only way he could move around like that, even after getting injured. But they're not enough to kill the movie.

The fight sequences are gritty, the movie is dark, but it still manages to be a great time. I take nothing away from Spider-Man. I just think Daredevil told a better story (I mean come on, a blind superhero is about as good as it gets) in a more entertaining way.

#13 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 30 December 2004 - 07:04 AM

I hated Bullseye. He was just a try hard villian.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#14 User is offline   Shawnathan Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 30 December 2004 - 09:59 AM

SnoopDog, I guess he considers himself an actor now. I think the only reason he gets acting jobs is because everyone want to kiss his ass.
--Idiotic Inc. "Teaching Cheerleaders to use birth control since 2004"
--They Call Him Rick: I'm telling you, it's not that bad

#15 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2004 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Vwing @ Dec 29 2004, 05:19 PM)
Fourth, Jennifer Garner is great to look at, and sometimes that's all that matters smile.gif

Bad things about the movie?  The fight scene in the schoolyard, the scene with Evanescence playing in the background, and just the fact that apparently DD was also bitten by a spider, which is the only way he could move around like that, even after getting injured.  But they're not enough to kill the movie. 

We should probably have started a different thread to discuss this topic...

Personally I couldn't tell what was going on in the fight scenes due to the jumpy editing and found the 'love' story to be almost as bad as AOTC. As for Jennifer Garner I thought she was really miscast in this role (too vanilla/white bread when Elektra should be dark and exotic and no emotional force).
I am the Fisher King.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size