• (4 Pages)
  • +

Greatest bad guy/gal ever

#16 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 December 2004 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Dec 25 2004, 06:39 AM)
Well, there is that.  Lord knows, there isn't much info in Wind Waker.

And as for Mechwarrior 2, the Jade Falcons were the villians?  I couldn't be bothered reading through 500 pages of text to work out what was going on.

lol! Neither did I. Though, some of the texts hinted that both the Wolves and the Falcons were evil, and then it went on about another group (I forget what the third group was called). I just said the Falcons were the villains since I always played the Wolf Clan campaign. cool.gif

This post has been edited by looktothesky: 25 December 2004 - 02:28 PM

PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#17 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 25 December 2004 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (Al Creed @ Dec 24 2004, 10:08 AM)
I once made the mistake of fighting Lavos in Chrono Trigger with absolutely NO magic, and just a wooden sword.  I accidently went to the teleport pad on the right, because I saw something shiney, then BAM, I'm fighting Lavos.  Man, did he slaughter me,\.

I've always thought of Magus as a better villian than Lavos. Magus wanted revenge for his fallen society. Lavos was just hungry.

#18 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 26 December 2004 - 07:22 AM

Ditto. Magus was a superb villian, twisted, tradgic. and with a scheme that wasn't even dented by time. Lavos was just a thing, a thing that destroyed stuff, kind of like godzilla with laser beams.

There's no rule saying the bad guy can't be playable, he just has to be good at what he does. Although my attempt at exterminating every single town on fallout 2 did screw with the karma somewhat.

As for MW2, I never played as clan wolf, Got really annoyed however whenever i completed a JF mission, the after text told me we'd suffered another humiliating defeat. Can I vote for the wolf-happy designers?
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:48 AM

There was a glitch with my version, so that on one of the early wolf levels, a door didn't open right at the start of the level, and you couldn't get passed. As such, I played as JF and hence thought of them as the heros.

And the playable character can't be the villian. A villian is an evil antagonist. An evil protagonist is an anti-hero. For example, Blackadder would be an anti-hero, whilst Ganandorf would be a villian.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:13 AM

True, but we're discussing bad guys/gals, not villians. Dungeon keeper and Evil genius both encourage you to be evil, it's the point of the game. For the sake of debate however and avoiding people claiming to have relocated the population of morrowind to a small island and then nuked it, we'll skip player characters. (although NPC's are permitted, just so we can keep the human torch).

A good villian needs some dialogue, not just an evil plan (and kidnapping princess daisy for the 60 millionth time doesn't count). RPGS tend to build the bad guys slightly better, although some points must be given to C&C's Kane, and Warcrafts anti-hero Prince arthas.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#21 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:59 PM

dun dun dun

gary- pokemon yellow version

#22 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 29 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

Arthas was excellent. Though Blizzard do make good characters. Kerrigan was quite nifty, but that was mostly due to her relationship with Jimmy.

I have to say that I quite liked Xel'otath(sp?)from Eternal Darkness. She had her conscious mind talking, with her subconscious mind making side comments(similar to Edwin from Baldur's Gate). But where Edwin was funny in a sarcastic manner, she was down right creepy. Especially at 1am with the lights off and the sound up.

This post has been edited by SimeSublime: 29 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#23 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2004 - 06:09 PM

Midnight, Lights off, 4 mate , and a bottle of ice cold vodka. Perfect for the freaky games put a chill on your spine. The vodka just messes your stomach to help the mood, and screws with your memory.
And people ask why I still have issues with shodan.....

Anyone played that multiplayer survivial horror game? can't rememer what it's called.
IPB Image

#24 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 31 December 2004 - 12:20 AM

Yeah, Magus was a badass bad guy, as were Liquid and Ocelot. SHALASHASKA! Its just so fun to yell out for me.

Arthas was really great too. "Frostmourne hungers..."

Ole' Gannon[dorf] has always seemed kind of cliche to me. He's just a power hungry wizard that gets his ass kicked by a ten year old with a magic sword time and time again.

Didn't King K. Rool just want DK's bananas?

I'm glad we've discounted Sephiroth though. But FF6's Kefka, that was one maniac. Poisons an entire castle's watersupply, gains ultimate power and uses it to turn whole cities into craters, turns himself into an enormous living tower at the end... Although his theme music sucked, and it was kind of hard to take him seriously until he started murdering everything...

Edit: I don't enjoy video games while intoxicated. What little awareness I normally have is diminished, and they become less fun.

This post has been edited by Slade: 31 December 2004 - 12:24 AM

This space for rent. Inquire within.

#25 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 31 December 2004 - 04:23 AM

I too don't play games whilst intoxicated. Last new years(Hey, a year to the day. Huzzah!)someone made me laugh with a mouthfull of beer, and I spat it all over my wavebird. The x button is still sticky sad.gif

#26 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 December 2004 - 07:42 AM

Intoxication is not for everyone, depends on the mood of the players. The paranoia trip i experienced whilst playing REvil2 probably helped the experience. I'm older and wiser now, so all narcotic substances are off when it comes to gaming. I just don't have the stamina for that stuff any more (although I will confess to being blind drunk at the keyboard now and then).

I kinda missed Kefka, It's hard to find someone threatening when they're only 24 pixels tall. Mad as an hatter of course. Quality.

Gary? Bad memories of being called 'gary' by the local paper for showing up at the local pokemon tournament 2 years running and taking first prize. (a cuddly jigglypuff, which I sacrificed at halloween) Would have been ok, but I was the only competitor over the age of 12.

Yes it's sad, and I'm sure I'll pay for it in another life.....
IPB Image

#27 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:47 AM

Sime, Bowser is a criminal genius!

...its just his plans havn't worked yet!

He kidnaps Peach, lures Mario, then tries to kill him... is that not genius?
its good, because its simple... he doesn't try to confuse himself with a huge master complicated plan, that will obviously fail due to a minor glitch...
His objective: TAKE PRINCESS, LURE FAT PLUMBER, KILL FAT PLUMBER...
how does it fail every time??? its just not justice I tell ya!

Think about it, who would REALLY want to rule the Mushroom Kingdom? it sucks, to get around you have to complete 'Levels' unless you've got one of them Lakitu Cloud thingy's.

btw, this rant is just me trying to justify Nintendos lack of motive behind Bowser
*feels ashamed* ermm.gif

#28 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (revoltoncube @ Jan 13 2005, 05:47 AM)
His objective: TAKE PRINCESS, LURE FAT PLUMBER, KILL FAT PLUMBER...
how does it fail every time???

Because he keeps using the same strategy! You'd think, having it fail SO many times, he would at least try something new, right? smile.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#29 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 14 January 2005 - 04:42 AM

Sadly, it fails because he's incompetent. If he's able to sneak into a castle and kidnap Peach, he should be able to sneak into a house and eat Mario whilst he sleeps tongue.gif
Hell, in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Bowser was shown as nothing but incompetent.

#30 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:10 AM

I havn't played either of the Paper Marios, are they any good?? CUBE magazine really bigs 'em up, but I'm starting to doubt their judgement...

This post has been edited by revoltoncube: 14 January 2005 - 07:10 AM

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size