• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Greatest bad guy/gal ever

#1 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:49 AM

Near impossible end boss, or lunatic bent on world domination, the world of video games contains prme examples of white fluffy cat and a monacle evil. Over a couple of bottles of rum with some friends a few nights ago the debate over the greatest of all time was started, so now it's open to debate.

Selected for looks, schemes, pesonality disorders, and body count, candidates that survived alcohol poisoning currently are the master from fallout, for his shear lunacy, and Shodan from system shock, who still has me waking in a cold sweat and screaming for a laser rapier. Sephiroth (FF7) was rejected early on for having the personality of a damp squid.

Feel free to add to the hall off fame.

devil.gif
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#2 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:08 AM

When I played Fallout, the game crashed when I went to the Masters room sad.gif and I haven't played the other game.

For characterisation, I'd have to go with Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow's of Amn. Excellent voice acting made him a completely cold bastard. I really, really wanted to kill him.

For intimidation, I'd go with one of the final bosses from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. On scale with Samus, I am not exagerating when I say they're 1000 times her size. Its freaky.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#3 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Dec 22 2004, 02:08 PM)
When I played Fallout, the game crashed when I went to the Masters room sad.gif  and I haven't played the other game.

For characterisation, I'd have to go with Jon Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadow's of Amn.  Excellent voice acting made him a completely cold bastard.  I really, really wanted to kill him.

For intimidation, I'd go with one of the final bosses from Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.  On scale with Samus, I am not exagerating when I say they're 1000 times her size.  Its freaky.

I always though Irenicus was a poor imatation of BG's Serevok, who was just plain nasty (and well acted) and indulged in political backstabbing, and public relations. but i've covered te BG2 stuff before. Firkarg (big red scheming dragon) was a better bet.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#4 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:55 AM

BOWSER!!! biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:03 AM

I found Firkragg annoying more then anything. It just dragged right out. Like I said before, I didn't get very far in BG1, so I can't really say on Sarevok. I will always love Irenicus. I picked him as the voice of Master Control in Tron, as well.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#6 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:04 AM

The Transcendent One from Planescape: Torment was neat. Not very smart, but boy was he pissed off.

#7 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:53 PM

my best friend in double dragon... trecherous prick!!! tongue.gif

Darth Malek (KOTOR)
they never tell you what happened to his bottom jaw... but his set up in that last room, gave me some disturbing ideas for future home set up...

The Police (GTA:Vice City)
you'll have to shoot faster than that to stop me chainsawing your face...
when it comes to car chases those guys run down more civillians (or at least push my car into civilians) more than i do...

Adolf Hitler (Wolfenstien 3D)
'Die Allie schvinehoond'
4 minigun powerarmor... god bless the historical acuracy of that game...
but seriously, i've never run so much in any game...

#8 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:33 PM

Actually, I'd like to revoke my previous mention of The Transcendent One. He's nothing compared to Ignus(also of Planescape: Torment). Sure, Ignus is a member of your party, but he's still a villian.

He's a psychotic pyromanic mage, who now doubles as a conduit to the plane of fire. Fortunatly(for him, not anyone else)he has a healing ability, which allows counteracts the fact that he's permanantly on fire. He floats behind your party like some sort of insane version of the Human Torch.

The Nameless One: Ignus, I want to ask you another question.
Ignus: No! We burrrrrnnnnn thingsssssss!
TNO: But I want to talk of flames and burning.
Ignus: Allriiiiight theeeeen.
TNO: Actually, lets just carry on.
Ignus: NO! TALK OF THE FLAAAMES!
TNO: Ignus, I said no!
*Ignus leaves the party, turns hostile and attacks*

Oh, and whatever happens, NEVER call him supplicant.

#9 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:27 AM

I'm pretty sure Revan's responsible for Malaks jaw. I think it came up as a dialogue option along the lines of 'shut up or next time you'll ose more than just your jaw.' He has a whole face in the flashback cutscenes. I could have been drunk at the time though.

The red wizard from BG1/2 was amusing, in BG1 you had the blizzard style repeat click responses which were great:
'please don't bother me whilst I'm plotting to overthrow you'
must go buy planescape torment.....
IPB Image

#10 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 23 December 2004 - 11:32 AM

-Ganon(dorf) from The Legend Of Zelda games
-Bowser from the Mario games
-Liquid Snake and Revolver Ocelot from the Metal Gear Solid games
-Specter from the Ape Escape games

#11 User is offline   Al Creed Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 24 December 2004 - 05:08 AM

I once made the mistake of fighting Lavos in Chrono Trigger with absolutely NO magic, and just a wooden sword. I accidently went to the teleport pad on the right, because I saw something shiney, then BAM, I'm fighting Lavos. Man, did he slaughter me,\.

Other video game bosses that are great:

- King/Kaptian K. Rool from the DKC Trilogy

-the Aformentioned Ganondorf and Bowzer

-Roddy Piper and Billy Kidman from WCW/nWo Revenge

-Jaques De La Morte from TimeSplitters 2

#12 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:41 AM

Sure, Bowser and K. Rool are classic villains, but their fairly one dimensional. Though Liquid Snake is a good one Heccubus. Ganandorf has the possibility to be a good villian, but we don't really see much of him. My favourite villians are usually have a lot of dialouge, as a fleshed out character can draw out more emotion.

Oh, and if we're including anti-heros, I'd like to put forward my dark side character in Knights of the Old Republic, but that may be cheating as strictly speaking a villian has to be an antagonist wink.gif

#13 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:37 AM

I don't really have all that many... lol Well, that I can think of. pinch.gif

-Enigmatic Youth from FFXI

QUOTE (Heccubus @ Dec 23 2004, 11:32 AM)
-Liquid Snake and Revolver Ocelot from the Metal Gear Solid games

(Yea, they were pretty bad.)

-Rhythm Rogues in Space Channel 5 pt.2 (lol)
-The CRAZY old lady in Police Quest SWAT
-The Jade Falcons in Mechwarrior 2
and...

-That final Emperor thing in Duke Nukem 3D
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#14 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 24 December 2004 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Dec 24 2004, 06:41 AM)
Ganandorf has the possibility to be a good villian, but we don't really see much of him.  My favourite villians are usually have a lot of dialouge, as a fleshed out character can draw out more emotion.

That's what I like about him. He's mysterious, and you never really learn too much about him aside from his motive and a little bit of back story.

#15 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:39 AM

Well, there is that. Lord knows, there isn't much info in Wind Waker.

And as for Mechwarrior 2, the Jade Falcons were the villians? I couldn't be bothered reading through 500 pages of text to work out what was going on.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size