Chefelf.com Night Life: God real or Fake what do you think? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

God real or Fake what do you think?

#91 User is offline   Dragonspawn Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:linkinpark... im mad for em!<br>Computers.... im comp nerd.<br>Scuba diving... i like going down on girl instructors... ahem, i mean with!

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:27 AM

I myself dont believe, i think that god is just another excuse for something that we cant explain. no one could explain lightning, we had a lightning god, waves - god of the sea (sorry no nmes, im not very good at mythology) and god is just our explanaition for the universes existence. about wot happens when we die, its true that its hard to believe we just end, cos then life would be meaningless. but i especially refuse to believe in heaven and hell. As said by the dog in all dogs go to heaven2 (srry but its a great quote to use) 'Its to heavinly here!' so unless ur constantly drugged i dont see how someone can feel happy in heaven especially becoz of how we have become dependent on technlogy, i doubt they got ps2s up there!!
anyway, thats my opinion on the subject

#92 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:42 PM

The Gods' names you're looking for are Zeus and Posiedon, respectively, in Greek mythology. Dunno about others though.

Also, I worship Eris, Greek goddess of chaos and discord (although I play the piano), and I would worship Fortuna, but I'm fairly certain she hates me. I use her Roman name because Tyche doesn't sound as cool. Why should I worship the metaphysical embodiments of chaos and luck? Are they any less plausable then a supreme creator of the world that constantly looks down upon humanity with benevolence? (That's a supposed, of course. Discordians mince no words, and freely admit Eris can be a bitch.)
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#93 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:02 AM

Dammit, I was sure that if I just waited long enough my subconscious would remind me who Eris was, but it looks like it was not to be. Oh well.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#94 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:16 PM

I've always thought of god playing a game of Sim City and just let game run as he goes for a beer run, no actual basis for this argument just a funny picture swimming around in my head.

And Limbo, I heard its a nice place, not bad, but not good either. Although it was just invented by the priestly hirearchy so they can take noble's money so they won't go to hell while at the same time not having an open revolt of commoners complaining that nobles can't buy their way into heaven that easy.

I also agree with barends approach to godleness. I like to assosiate this with a philosiphy of mine that, apart from death, everything is not truely detrimental and that you always gain something (matierial object, skill, knowledge) from everything you do. And sorry to say but stubbing your toe will teach you more than not stubbing your toe.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#95 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:57 AM

You can't judge God by Human standards. According to the bible, Satan is the king of earth, not Christ, that comes later. Shit hit the fan in the garden of eden and has been doing so ever since. Man lost his relationship with God. God's plan to save mankind, give them a second chance at a relationship, is through Christ. Why is he doing it like that? I don't know. Having things suck is what makes other things seem really good. I don't challenge God on that ground, I do however ponder what heaven will be like. I know I can't possibly imagine the greatness of it, but in my mind set I think "a perfect world would be perfectly boring".

As soon as you can tell the difference between what is right and what is wrong, the age of accoutability, then you can be judged. Retards who use 1/10 of their bain probably don't know the difference. Same with infants and whatnot.

I don't believe in Purgatory. There is not much scriptural backing to it, and it only really makes Christ seem less important. If Purgatory were true, then I'd just live my life by 'good' human standards and have fun, get my 1000 years of shit and then go to heaven for eternity.

Even God did abolish all retards (not being born retarded I mean) then you'd find something else to complain about. Why did God let that happen, and this, and that, and why can't I make enough money to pay the bills on time.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#96 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:23 AM

i dont believe in god the whole thing just makes no sense at all

#97 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Kirby @ Jan 2 2005, 11:16 PM)
I've always thought of god playing a game of Sim City and just let game run as he goes for a beer run, no actual basis for this argument just a funny picture swimming around in my head.

If SimCity is any indicator then no wonder the world's so messed up. That game's friggin' impossible!
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#98 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 03 January 2005 - 04:25 PM

Or he just got bored with the whole thing and is now sitting back with a bowl of crunchy snacks and watching us destroy ourselves, and maybe throwing in a natural disaster every now and then for kicks. That would explain a few of last year’s problems...
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#99 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 03 January 2005 - 07:11 PM

And he's sitting having the Colonel feed him popcorn chicken...

But Jordan, what about the two-thousand years plus between Eden and the birth of Jesus of Nazareth? Do people who couldn't believe in Jesus as the messiah get screwed because he wasn't there yet?

This post has been edited by Slade: 03 January 2005 - 07:12 PM

#100 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:52 PM

I'm not sure what happened to them. I always assumed that if they followed the law then they would be pardoned at the pearly gates. Maybe God judged their hearts prior to Christ. I have no clue, really.

If SimCity is any indicator then no wonder the world's so messed up. That game's friggin' impossible!

Which one is impossible? I'm the sim master.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 03 January 2005 - 10:54 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#101 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 03 January 2005 - 11:26 PM

I was thinking of the first one, the newer ones have way too many convienent features.

Chefelf: thats why god is god, only he would have the paitents and city planning ability to create the world, but alas even he can be tempted by the disaster tool bar.

Wierd how I get philisophical when I play the Sims 2.
The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#102 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:45 AM

Speaking of God, the Futurama was on where bender gets lost in space, becomes god, and then meets God after he's been hit by a space probe. That episode was one of my very favorites.

#103 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:38 AM

Godfellasis and excellent episode.
Bender: Yeah, I was God once.
God: I saw.  You were doing a good job, until everyone died.

As for the good people who lived before the birth of Jesus, Dante said they went to Limbo.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#104 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:41 AM

You know, personally I think Limbo don't sound all that bad.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#105 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

And Dante is burning in hell according to his own account for being such a self-exhalting, theocraticly pandering jerk. Mmm... Hubris...

In Afterlife (Where Sims go when they die), Limbo is comprised of pubs. You go to the limbo bar until there's room for your niche in Heaven or Hell. So, it would be artificially induced happiness then...

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size