• Group: Former Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:20 PM

http://www.millenniu...p?p=40964#40964

#2 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for that... if you scroll down the forum a little bit, one of the users has a VERY alluring avatar.

Oh... you meant look at the pictures of the duel between Anakin and Dooku?

#3 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 11 December 2004 - 12:52 PM

The avatars on that forum are out of control! One of them was 196 x 260 pixels!

As for the duel: Great. A complete rehash (or prehash) of the duel in ROTJ. I should have known.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#4 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:16 PM

It's just so damn predictable. It looks exactly like RotJ. yell.gif Why does Lucas insist on being an idiot? Please George, it could be done in so many other interesting ways. Bet you anything we'll get to hear another wookie Tarzan yell during the battle on Kashyyyk.

#5 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2004 - 01:43 PM

I like this idea of how Anakin starts to go down the darkside. Also, if you lighten your gamma you can see that both of dookus hands are cut off.

#6 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:48 PM

Great. Another "mirror". Somebody needs to break these mirrors; we'd all be better for it.

#7 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:22 PM

I actually like it. It's not exactly like ROTJ, it's different angles, but it does parallel, which is something we all knew he was going to do anyway. And disregarding parallels, the shots themselves look cool. Remember, even though we're prequel bashers, we have to try to stay objective, and not just bash everything that has the Episode III name on it. The pictures look very good, and it looks like Lucas heeded people's complaints about ROTJ and made the space battle outside more of a battle and less of a congolmeration of lights.

#8 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:08 PM

On a sad note: If you're that interested in seeing these pics and this scene, the Videogame preview has been out, and it, as a preview, is better than the movie preview, which is sad. It has all that scene and other crap from the movie. Its available over there at star shit dot com
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#9 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:25 PM

Which avatar is the "alluring" one? There are a couple that could be deemed "alluring".

I don't like the look of this "duel". It looks like a rehash of the quick, crappy duel from Episode 2 (remember how Anakin just stood there for a moment with his arm outstretched as if he were waiting for the lightsaber to come down on it?)
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#10 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:32 PM

Lord Aquaman, how could yo come to that conclusion after seeing darkened pictures that are not in motion?

#11 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 11 December 2004 - 08:39 PM

Some guy had an avatar with some very well endowed girl, just barely covering up her assets.

And...

Wow... I didn't realise that Dooku had both his hands cut off. As if Lucas wasn't rehashing enough.

Why does he always have characters getting their hands cut off in the prequels? I could handle Vader getting his hand cut off in Return of the Jedi because it nicely mirrored the duel in The Empire Strikes Back. But in the prequels, it's just getting too damn repetitive.

Why not have a character slash his lightsabre down low, taking his opponent by surprise, and taking both his legs out below the knees?

Just a thought.

#12 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Dec 11 2004, 08:39 PM)
Some guy had an avatar with some very well endowed girl, just barely covering up her assets.

And...

Wow... I didn't realise that Dooku had both his hands cut off.  As if Lucas wasn't rehashing enough.

Why does he always have characters getting their hands cut off in the prequels?  I could handle Vader getting his hand cut off in Return of the Jedi because it nicely mirrored the duel in The Empire Strikes Back.  But in the prequels, it's just getting too damn repetitive.

Why not have a character slash his lightsabre down low, taking his opponent by surprise, and taking both his legs out below the knees?

Just a thought.

That happens in the OBi wan and Anakin duel. O and by the way this scene isn't the defining moment where Anakin becomes Darth Vader, Anakin is still a jedi after this. The scene where he goes to the darkside is where Mace confronts Palpatine and he must choose who to help.

#13 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 12 December 2004 - 12:50 AM

Odd...

Although I'm pleased to see that the below the knee hack will be incorporated into the film. That's something at least.

#14 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2004 - 03:21 AM

Those screen shots aren't exactly exciting me... they really DO look like ROTJ. Especially with Palpatine sitting on the throne and watching the two battle their way to death. rolleyes.gif

Frankly, I don't think that Episode III is going to be all that entertaining. I hope it isn't that bad, because I intend to watch it all, and I don't want to leave the cinema prematurely. crying.gif

#15 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 12 December 2004 - 08:20 AM

Why does everyone have to have half their limbs hacked off in every duel, for God's sake? It's starting to sound like the Black Knight scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size