Chefelf.com Night Life: GL approves new Indy Script - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

GL approves new Indy Script

#1 User is offline   SPQR Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:To expand the realm, bring order to the fringes, and to hunt down and destroy the pretenders of the triumverate.

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:53 AM

Apparently GL approved the new Indiana Jones script by Jeff Nathanson. He was invited to GL's ranch to go over the draft (to ammend it). Hopefully GL's mark will not be witnessed beyond the conceptual realm.

GL-"Give Indy two whips...yeah, two is better than one"

"...and when he loses his fedora down the mine shaft I want a deep glottal 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'".

"...and I want Shortround to be back, but he's a midget and never grew, because I love giving work to midgets and dwarves".

Oh, the indignity a screenwriter must feel when the author of ROTS picks over his lines.
An nescis quantilla sapientia mundus regatur

#2 User is offline   Darth Dick Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 07:10 AM

At this point, Speilberg should fit GL with a muzzle. His opinion on any script is null and void. But, he did not write it, so there is hope. I will laugh my ass off if I see Indy sporting two whips. laugh.gif If we could listen in on GL's thought process, I think we would just hear the intro to Pink Floyd's Money over and over. ka ching ka ching ka ching......

This post has been edited by Darth Dick: 01 June 2005 - 07:12 AM

#3 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:28 AM

Moving this one to the Movie forum.

I can't wait to see this one. rolleyes.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#4 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:14 AM

Indiana Jones went downhill in the 3rd movie, that film was TERRIBLE. The fourth better be good.... but it probably won't.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#5 User is offline   Ham Salad Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Former Members
  • Interests:Racing my ship, the Millenium Falcon in the annual Kessel Run. Rescuing princesses and Jedi from the clutches of the empire. Not paying my gambling debts to Jaba. <br /><br />Shooting FIRST, and asking questions later!<br />

Posted 01 June 2005 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (looktothesky @ Jun 1 2005, 09:14 AM)
Indiana Jones went downhill in the 3rd movie, that film was TERRIBLE. The fourth better be good.... but it probably won't.

The third episode deviated too much with that ancient Templar character, and Connery was a distraction. The first two were extraordinary!

#6 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (Ham Salad @ Jun 1 2005, 09:42 AM)
The third episode deviated too much with that ancient Templar character, and Connery was a distraction. The first two were extraordinary!

I couldn't agree more. Sean Connery was too much of a distraction ; and offered nothing more than cheap humour and bland lines. I was too scared to say anything about him in my last post, since a lot of people I know actually LIKED his character. ermm.gif

EDIT - I forgot a smiley. Oh me, oh my! lol

This post has been edited by looktothesky: 01 June 2005 - 11:13 AM

PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#7 User is offline   Darth Sane Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 02 June 2005 - 02:19 AM

Yah but i mean come on!!! You get to see DER FUEHRER, Adolf Hitler, in the last Indy film and he's in color! i don't know how the director got a hold of that footage

This post has been edited by Darth Sane: 02 June 2005 - 02:21 AM

#8 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:43 AM

-Pro's: I doubt either Ford or Spielberg would allow Lucas's influence to downgrade the script.

Con's-Lucas still has the final say....And I dont think the world is clamouring to see Indiana Jones in his last crude days. Ford is too old, and I cringe to think about even seeing one CGI shot of Indy since I doubt Ford can do most of the stunts anymore

#9 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 03 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Michel Orla @ Jun 2 2005, 08:43 AM)
Con's-Lucas still has the final say....And I dont think the world is clamouring to see Indiana Jones in his last crude days. Ford is too old, and I cringe to think about even seeing one CGI shot of Indy since I doubt Ford can do most of the stunts anymore

I agree with Michel Orla on this one.

We should start a petition to ban Indy 4.
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#10 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Michel Orla @ Jun 2 2005, 10:43 AM)
-Pro's: I doubt either Ford or Spielberg would allow Lucas's influence to downgrade the script.

Actually.. I don't think Lucas has final say. Apparently Ford has to approve it still, and he is the pickiest of the three. Also Speilberg got one of the writers he works with to take the latest stab at it. SO I think it should be good.

As for the fedora down the mine shaft... haven't you learnd from the films, that the hat never gets lost... NEVER! Even after falling off a cliff, he still has it come back to him. It is a constant thing in the movies, and they have said so.

#11 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:15 AM

The Bloody News has an article with the reported title of Indy 4 movie. I really hope Harrison Ford was joking when he said this.

INDIANA JONES and the OPAL OF THE MER-MAN PRINCE

As stupid as it sounds, it fits right in with The Phantom Menance and Attack of the Clones for stupidest titles G.L. could think of. Without the Nazi's in this one I wonder if there will be heros on both sides...

#12 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:22 PM

That's a reported title though. They still have time to change it!

Like with the Silent Hill movie; its reported title is Centralia, but they're thinking of changing it to Silent Hill instead.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#13 User is offline   srmoore Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Redcloud Collective

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:29 PM

I wonder if they want to sort of dis-associate it from the game. I could see how they might want to do that so movie goers who don't like videogames don't feel as if it is closed off to them, in a sense.

Like Doom.. could be.. .Monsters On Mars.. or Ghosts of Mars 2: Electric Boogaloo

(hehe.. electric boogaloo... was in a sort of discussion about that earlier today.. hehe)

#14 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (srmoore @ Jun 3 2005, 10:04 PM)
Actually.. I don't think Lucas has final say. Apparently Ford has to approve it still, and he is the pickiest of the three.

Ford's the one who said he likes the title wink.gif But I do hope it's change. That still begs the question, why the hell is Indy going after something like the opal of a mer-man. I sure hope neither the title or the movie itself has nothing to do with that. The lost city of Atlantis was the best idea for Indy 4 when it was kicking around

There will be a Silent Hill movie blink.gif Day-um, that's gonna be sweet

#15 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (Michel Orla @ Jun 9 2005, 10:37 AM)
There will be a Silent Hill movie blink.gif Day-um, that's gonna be sweet

It's due for release in 2006 I believe. I also live in the city (Brantford) where the town scenes were filmed, since the downtown area is a spitting image of Silent Hill. I also managed to walk through the movie set, but I didn't have a camera on me. sad.gif

My little sister has a collection of the grey fuzz and hay they used to cover the ground, though. tongue.gif
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size