• (2 Pages)
  • +

"A Taste of Freedom" 666 comes to Iraq

#16 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 10 December 2004 - 03:08 PM

I warned you! I warned the entire country not to vote for that man! Do I actually have to start making my own nukes to get anyone to listen to me?

Well done America, you're royally fucked now.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#17 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:05 PM

Here it is:

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 10 December 2004 - 09:24 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#18 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2004 - 09:14 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 11 December 2004 - 03:42 AM

haha that last pic was brilliant man!

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#20 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:17 AM

I feel really sorry for you guys, but then again, we're all just as screwd, seeing as Homeland security can now abduct random foreingers at will.

I loved the cereal box, but I have to ask who is that on the front? I'm not to familiar with the faces of American politics, just the names.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#21 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 11 December 2004 - 02:46 PM

As scary as it is, I like the USID.

...Winston Smith...I'm not sure whether to giggle or shudder.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#22 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 11 December 2004 - 04:52 PM

That guy on the front is Attorney General John Ashcroft. Speaking of bush's War Hawks, what's the new cabinet look like? I heard half of his regime left.

Sime - Actually, they can abduct citizens and deprive them of their rights too! Cat Stevens was deported, if you recall.

That is a really great picture.

The best part is the way all of these things are being implimented although there haven't even been any more threats of terrorism that were legitimate. We're geing oppressed and there's not even any reason for it! Hurray!

Of course, there's never any reason for it, but usually it at least takes, oh I don't know, a whole lot of strife in order for the people to stop caring that their rights are being brutally stepped upon without restraint. Bunch of bloody flaming rotting cursed infernal sheep...
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#23 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

BRAVE NEW WORLD - Come on folks click here and tap your heels!
What the FDA Won’t Tell You about the VeriChip
http://www.cbn.com/c...ews/041210a.asp

By Dale Hurd
CBN News Sr. Reporter

December 10, 2004

CBN.com – (CBN News) - A little electronic capsule, smaller than a dime, could be one of the biggest technological advances in how we share and store private medical records. It may also be one of the most controversial.

Known as the VeriChip, it is a microchip that is implanted under a person's skin, and then scanned with a special reader device to reveal important medical data about that person.

Applied Digital, the Florida-based company that makes the VeriChip, hopes the implant will revolutionize how doctors obtain medical information, particularly in emergency situations. Theoretically, if a person can't speak, medics could scan that person and quickly be linked to a database that would provide crucial information like the patient's identity, blood type and drug allergies.

Dr. Csaba Magassi, a plastic surgeon in Northern Virginia, is among a nationwide network of doctors who are ready and waiting to implant the VeriChip into willing patients. His office receives calls daily from people inquiring about the chip.

Dr. Magassi said, "If you are in an auto accident, [and] you are unconscious, they could scan you, know exactly who you are; your medical history can easily be printed out onto the hospital record."

Dr. Magassi added, "If a patient comes in requesting the VeriChip, I usually tell them it takes between two and five minutes to place the device in place. A needle which contains the VeriChip is inserted. The needle pushes the device through, and it is implanted permanently. Put a bandaid on and you are done."

Dr. Magassi demonstrated the procedure for CBN News on an apple. Once the microchip was inserted, the hand-held scanner read the number on the chip using radio frequency waves. Think of it as a human barcode.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the VeriChip implant for medical use in humans in October, a huge victory for Applied Digital.

In an effort to jumpstart interest, the company launched the "Get Chipped" campaign. It is offering a discount to the first few hundred people who get the implant, and also plans to donate hundreds of scanners to the nation's trauma units to promote use of the VeriChip.

But in a letter obtained by CBN News from the FDA to the VeriChip makers, the microchip is not completely safe. In fact, the letter lists a whole host of health risks associated with the device, including "adverse tissue reaction," "electrical hazards" and "MRI incompatibility."

Applied Digital and the Food and Drug Administration refused our requests for an interview to discuss these risks.

Consumer privacy advocate Katherine Albrecht said, "There are millions of people that have read the press reports about all the positives of this technology, but really have no idea about its dangers."

Albrecht strongly opposes the VeriChip for the physical risks it poses, as well as the privacy risks. She has been called "the Erin Brokovich of RFID chips."

On her Web site, www.spychips.com, Albrecht reveals the potential dangers of the VeriChip and other radio frequency identification methods.

Albrecht said, "There's a very serious concern that, already, engineers and people who think along those lines are already thinking like hackers and criminals -- they're already starting to say, how can this system be compromised, how can it be abused? When you are dealing with a radio frequency device, by design, it is transmitting info using invisible radio waves at a distance. In this case, that distance is only a couple of inches or a couple of feet so it’s not a huge distance, but it means that anyone who can get within a couple of inches or a few feet of you, even with a reader device they have hidden in a backpack or a purse, would be able to scan that number, obtain that info and potentially duplicate it."

And it is not just private medical information at stake. The microchip implant technology has been around for several years now, and has been used for a variety of different applications.

Thousands of chips have been implanted in pets by veterinarians for identification purposes. Livestock is now chipped to track things like mad-cow disease. Manufacturers are putting chips in products like clothing and shoes for marketing research.

In Mexico, the attorney general and his top aides were chipped for security purposes. And, in Spain at the Baja Beach Club, patrons can get a microchip with their financial information implanted, so they can pay for their cocktails with a swipe of the arm. As these pictures seem to suggest, getting chipped is fun and painless.

Applied Digital also launched a brand new application for the chip last year called the "VeriPay." This implant would hold all of a person's financial information. Rather than swipe a card or pay cash, consumers would scan their wrists for purchases. And, if a swipe of the wrist becomes too troublesome, there are already prototypes made of doorway portals that can simply scan a person and their purchases as they walk through the door.

Allbrecht said, "I think there is a very real concern that, down the road, such a chip would become mandatory. And not necessarily initially, but it would be voluntary, in the same way let’s say as credit cards or a drivers license is voluntary. No one forces you to have a driver’s license or to have a cell phone, but yet the vast majority of people do, because it is very difficult to function in a normal society without it."

For now, though, a microchip implant is voluntary. Only a few thousand chips have been sold and only a fraction of those have been implanted in humans.

For someone who wants an implant for medical purposes, Dr. Magassi and others are standing by. Magassi says, "If they want it, God love ‘em. I'll put it in. It's as simple as that."

The VeriChip just recently made its debut in a Miami, Florida nightclub, where patrons had the opportunity to "Get Chipped," much like the Baja Beach club patrons in Spain.
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#24 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 11 December 2004 - 07:14 PM

Why would we need a friggin' v-chip in ourselves when people can just carry little cards with their information on it?

Maybe I'm just a Savage...

#25 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:11 AM

Why do we need cards with our personal information rammed up our asses? Why do we need cards with our personal information at all?

And yeah, it's not just Americans that are screwed, it's all of us. Hey, maybe we'll all get sent to the same concentration camp and it'll turn out like Hogans heroes.

Commandant Cheney: Hooooooffman! Vat are you doink with those buckets full of dirt???

Me: Well, Nate and Movie Goer are starting a garden, by the way, your scalp looks marvelously shiney today.

Commandant Cheney: Really? Why thank you.

Me talking on the coffee pot radio: Hurry up with that tunnel guys, we have to lay that DSL line before sergeant Shultz gets back.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#26 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 December 2004 - 01:53 AM

Manufacturers are putting chips in products like clothing and shoes for marketing research.

Now that disturbs me.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#27 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:15 AM

LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER
Wal-Mart used microchip to track customers
High-tech devices monitor product from manufacturer's headquarters

Wal-Mart customers who picked up lipstick off the shelf at a Broken-Arrow, Okla., store were part of a little-mentioned experiment earlier this year that tracked consumer habits using Radio Frequency Identification technology, or RFID.
Proctor & Gamble teamed with the retail giant in the test over a four month-period which allowed researchers to view the Wal-Mart shelves from company headquarters some 750 miles away in Cincinnati, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Also, the Max Factor Lipfinity lipstick had RFID tags hidden inside that allowed the inventory to be tracked leaving the shelves. The Chicago paper said it was informed of the study by a disgruntled P&G employee. Wal-Mart first denied the test, but then admitted it had allowed customers to be watched.

A P&G spokeswoman said a sign at the Lipfinity display "alerted customers that closed-circuit televisions and electronic merchandise security systems are in place in the store," the Sun-Times reported.
A privacy rights group, however, has called for mandatory labeling of the products with RFID chips. "On the surface, the Broken Arrow trial may seem harmless," Katherine Albrecht, founder and director of Consumers Against Supermarket Privacy Invasion and Numbering, or CASPIAN, told the Sun-Times. "But the truth is that the businesses involved pushed forward with this technology in secret, knowing full well that consumers are overwhelmingly opposed to it."

Gillette, the nation's largest shaving-products manufacturer, planned to conduct a trial of RFID last summer at a Brockton, Mass., Wal-Mart store.

The plan called for Gillette to embed a tiny microchip in each of its products so store managers could track Gillette store stock and alert them if products were running low. Eventually, say critics, the technology could be used to literally track products from store shelves to homes.

A Times report said other large retailers, such as Target and Home Depot, were testing the RFID technology to monitor inventory in their storerooms and distribution centers.

Wal-Mart and the U.S. Department of Defense have been the biggest boosters of the technology.

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#28 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2004 - 02:19 AM

Are you smarter than smart chips?
Check out this site, if you think you are.

http://www.spychips.com/

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#29 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 13 December 2004 - 11:29 AM

So stock boys aren't good enough? Not only planting tracking devices in your products, but trying to find ways to cut back on the workforce too? Wal*Mart, if I ever liked you to begin with I'd be ashamed of you. As it is, I just still hate you.

The sad thing is that we'll be spied on by razors and lipstick.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size