Chefelf.com Night Life: Which Final Fantasy Class Are You? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Which Final Fantasy Class Are You? Take the Quizzes!

#31 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:52 PM

Don't you hate it when that happens? You get a result, and you know that it's nothing like you, but no matter what you put you get the same damn thing.

What is a mimic anyway? Besides someone who copies people, that is.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#32 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 March 2005 - 12:54 PM

...I assume that's it.

Hmm...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#33 User is offline   rock_dash Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Anime, manga, Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, other general and specific geekery

Posted 07 March 2005 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Mar 7 2005, 09:52 AM)
What is a mimic anyway?  Besides someone who copies people, that is.

Besides that? In RPG terms, they're usually those nasty monsters that masquerade as treasure chests and attack once you get close enough (ie, when you try to open them). I hate those things. pinch.gif
I finally got a sig!

Oh God, I had no idea! How can they keep it going? You mean, Return of the Children of the Corn etc? Children of the Corn 2? Children of the Corn and the Prisoner of Azkaban? I Know What You Did With The Children Of the Corn???? Yes, it's horrible!!!!
-Some guy on IMDB.com just finding out that there was more than one Children of the Corn movie

#34 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 07 March 2005 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (rock_dash @ Mar 7 2005, 08:38 PM)
Besides that? In RPG terms, they're usually those nasty monsters that masquerade as treasure chests and attack once you get close enough (ie, when you try to open them). I hate those things.  pinch.gif

which raises the question of how does something evolve like that? Is there lots of random adventurers that go looking for treasure to provide them with food? Are there little mimics that imatate pencil cases or something? Do they come in wardrobe varieties too? Do Ikea sell th.....Oh wait, it's magic isn't it.

Bard, red mage, and some kind of knight that I can't read the first letter of. D&D wise the closest I get is a level 6 pimp with a pair of +2 uzi's of swiftness. (and a bloody large purple hat)
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#35 User is offline   Kirby Icon

• Zzzz
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Geeking out and nerding it up.

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:27 AM

[flips through obscure D&D book collection of books] +3 Hat of Style
    Not only does it grant a +3 enchantment bonus to AC but it also grants a +3 enchantment bonus to Charisma.

This post has been edited by Kirby: 08 March 2005 - 04:29 AM

The Power of Christ Impales You!
- Tagline for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter

You've read it, you can't un-read it. Stay tooned for more
TALES OF INTEREST.
I like to be part of the crowd so I want to say that Icey is the best guy ever

#36 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 08 March 2005 - 07:23 AM

biggrin.gif
:Quickly amends character:

Cheers for that, now all I need is a trenchcoat of holding and some bling of protection....

To be honest with you, I don't own an D&D stuff (isn't it AD&D? or is that just the games or shorthand) I don't think anyone round here does. The first game we played was done using the baldurs gate manual.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#37 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:24 AM

And really, what better source do you need? Assuming somebody I knew came up with a story, I think I could run a 3rd edition game with the info in the NWN manual's(NWN+2 expansions). That being said, I've never played a non-Computer RPG in my life.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#38 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 08 March 2005 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Mar 8 2005, 06:33 AM)
which raises the question of how does something evolve like that? Is there lots of random adventurers that go looking for treasure to provide them with food? Are there little mimics that imatate pencil cases or something? Do they come in wardrobe varieties too? Do Ikea sell th.....Oh wait, it's magic isn't it.

Hmm, in Planescape: Torment there was a mage who shape-shifted into a wardrobe in the Brothel for Slaking Intellectual Lusts. Bloody Louis and his panty fetish.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#39 User is offline   Icey Icon

• n00b
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Being infested by parasites. Fighting members of the Kennedy family, kidnapping the President's daughter. Moaning.<br />

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:07 AM

That's actually brilliant Shape Shifting that makes me long to become one much like him.

It would be so fun to torment people by turning into furniture in their homes and mess with their minds.

#40 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Mar 8 2005, 01:24 PM)
And really, what better source do you need?  Assuming somebody I knew came up with a story, I think I could run a 3rd edition game with the info in the NWN manual's(NWN+2 expansions).  That being said, I've never played a non-Computer RPG in my life.

It's the lack of monster information that caused the problems, the poor DM had to dream them up on the spot, giant shotgun wielding badgers anyone? no, I thought not.I think we just assumed everything was a level X fighter. Which is somewhat like how NWN deals with it isn't it?

If I ever do an CRPG I'm including the mother of all evil monsters lurking in the princesses lingerie cupboard. That'll teach the perverts......
IPB Image

#41 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

They instead put it in a cursed box you get stuck with. Basically, the box contains a powerful demon, which will kill the owner of the box if it is opened(or removed from the Hive district). Somebody must accept the box to convey ownership, you can't just throw it at them. Unfortunatly, by the time you get it, everybody knows to stay the hell away from it. So you have to find some other way to get rid of it. And let me tell you, regardless of the fact that you're imortal, that demon will still bugger up your game.

#42 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

Hot potato with a demon? In any game aside from planescape torment I'd think that was just mean, but from the sounds of the game and the developers, it fits in well.

Anyone get killed by the exploding books in Ultima 8? Now that was annoying.
IPB Image

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size