Chefelf.com Night Life: Angry Greek Lawyers to View 'Gay' Alexander Movie - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Angry Greek Lawyers to View 'Gay' Alexander Movie Thursday, December 2, 2004

#16 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:05 PM

Touche.

I'm reading Plato right now, and many of his characters are homosexuals. Some of them praise homosexual love over heterosexual love. It's interesting to read, although being heterosexual and agnostic I certainly can't agree that one is better than the other. Is that an accurate representation of the sexuality of the Greeks? I don't know. I wouldn't call a group of drunken philosophers a good test population.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#17 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:37 PM

Most roman nobility was indeed homosexual. You could do it for fun but if you liked it too much that you stopped doing women than people started wondering about you. Odd ethics they had, those romans.

And Jordan, I think that the ending of careers from this movie is due more to the suckiness of the film than the gay scenes. Plenty of actors portray homosexuals and do extremely well for it, and plenty of actors work on movies where homosexuality is portrayed as well. Example, my all time favorite Jack Nicholson movie, "As Good as it Gets".

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who began to wonder after the patriot and braveheart if Gibson didnt have a grudge against the english.

And yeah, I would suspect that there would be no official documentation of Alexander's homosexuality.

"Your highness, I have written a chronicle of your journeys."

"Excellent, let me stamp it and make it official... Hey... Wait a minute..."

"Yes my leige?"

"Hephaestion was on top last night, not me...."

-Odd looks-

"Ermmm I mean GUARDS! TAKE HIM TO THE DEATH PITS!"

And the dialogue that I saw quoted sounds positively horrid. However I don't think they'd have made Alexander gay without good reason, though it is a clever marketing ploy.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#18 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 05 December 2004 - 10:42 PM

"""And Jordan, I think that the ending of careers from this movie is due more to the suckiness of the film than the gay scenes.""""

That's what I was getting at. The movie sucked because it was poorly written and the acting was terrible. I heard that it was laden with scenes that were unintentionally funny. Not a good thing. It just smacks the audience in the face and takes them out of the whole "I'm in ancient macedonia" setting.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 05 December 2004 - 11:15 PM

I just hope they dont give Alexander a gay lisp...

"Oth. Tho you want me to cut thith thilly knot, do you you thilly egypyian you?"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#20 User is offline   Creaux Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Um, I like music, Studying religion from Catholocism to the occult, warhammer and DND and other nerdy things, being kind to people, freaking people out. And swords.

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:37 AM

Hmm. I'm glad that several people here have decided to talk down on the film before seeing it...

I saw it and thoroughly enjoied it. And by the way, the Plutarch account, I believe, DOES mention Alexander's leanings.

I didn't find any laughably poorly acted scenes, I thought it was pretty well done. And I also thought that the film did a better job than most historical films of attempting to pull the audience out of a modern mindframe. The battle scenes were really cool, and in the larger battle, there isn't that paniced lazy asshole perspective (although he returns for a crappy fight that Alexander looses). The sets in the movie are amazingly cool. The blue gates of Babylon look really cool! The costume design is also pretty amazing. Really, I might be a little prejudiced towards movies of this type, liking some good asskicking, but I thought it was a good film.

Sorry if I'm misreading your posts, but again, see a movie before simply declaring it worthless.

#21 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 21 January 2005 - 10:39 AM

i just saw it...

what the hell was all the fuss about... he didn't do anything most people haven't after a few drinks...

there was no gayness to be found...

there's some hugs and compliments between guys... THAT'S IT...

bloody hell...
some people just shouldn't leave their homes.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size