• +

Israel vs Palestine place your bets here

#31 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:57 PM

As best I can tell its making slow progress and the media dosnt want to cover it because covering Israelis bulldozing Palestinian houses to build a wall would likely have a negative effect on people's views of Israel and if you distribute news that effects Israel negatively you become an anti-semite.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#32 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:15 AM

Or anti-Bush administration. Mmm... neo-con controlled media. Tastes like #1 Jam! I'm just waiting for public radio and television to just disappear one day without warning.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#33 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:56 PM

And as we all know if you're an anti semite or an anti bush than the next logical step is that you're a terrorist.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#34 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 31 December 2004 - 08:56 AM

Anyone have thoughts on Mr. Abbas? For some reason it just dosnt seem right to have a Palestinian leader wearing a suit. Would that the Israelis hadn't imprisoned the true successor to Arafat.

Abbas to me just looks exactly like whoever jerk it is that's "leading" (and I use the term loosely) Iraq.

#35 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:29 PM

Honestly, I get so depressed or enraged about the state of the world, I can't stand to watch any news program. The closest thing for me is the Daily show, and I haven't seen that since coming home because we don't have cable. So I don't know jack about what's going on at the moment.

#36 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 02 January 2005 - 11:03 AM

Ah, sweet sweet Daily Show. I have not seen ye in too long. I digress. Abbas is the new Palestinian ruler and he seems to be kind of a moderate and not quite so charismatic and interesting as Arafat.

#37 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:19 PM

Well, hopefully there is something behind his lack of charisma... I have about as much presence in a room as a gray wall in a gray house.

#38 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:34 PM

I'd look for a calming in the Israel Palestine situation until the three sides involved get a chance to feel eachother out. Abbas needs to please both Israel and the resistance and he has some big shoes to fill. I personally would prefer the younger fellow whos name escapes me at the moment, the guy Israel is imprisoning, to be president.

#39 User is offline   not this crude matter Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 03 January 2005 - 10:40 PM

Well if I had to place a bet on this, it would be Israel since they have better trained troops.

#40 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:32 AM

Israel's a nation, whereas Palestine technically isn't, this gives Israel a definate upper hand. + Israel has the americans on their side, although this probably isn't such a good thing in may peoples eyes.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#41 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:28 AM

Laughlyn- Yes, because as Jordan put it "We all hate Israel because America's on their side" Actually America being on their side is something that I hold against them but the main problem most people have with Israel is their tendency towards horrific genocide.

God willing, Palestine will soon be a nation. I don't even know if Israel deserves to be a nation after what they've done but I don't exactly want to go so far as to agree completely with Hamas either, though I certainly don't condemn them.

Also, I saw Mahmoud Abbas' speech and very much liked his tone. He looked legit and he talked like it as well. His doctrine of encompassing and protecting resistance fighters certainly agrees with me and I'm starting to warm to him as a leader.

#42 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:05 PM

Point. I'd like to see Palestine become a nation, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. As long as Jerusalem remains a factor though, the future looks bloody.

Oddly enough, having grown up with 15 years of bomb threats, I can see the Israeli logic. I just don't agree with the methods, but I guess the situation's slightly different.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#43 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:14 PM

I fear death far less than I fear tyranny and oppression, and would readily accept the former before the latter. I fully support the intifadah. The Israelis may have to worry about being blown up but the Palestinians have to worry about being blown up, having their homes destroyed, being tortured or imprisoned, not being allowed to vote, being kept in their homes for months, being unable to feed their families, etc etc. What it all comes down to is

Victory and glory to the intidadah!

#44 User is offline   not this crude matter Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:43 PM

I think Israel should continue with the plan to build a giant wall around their territory. That way they could protect their families from being blown up by suicide bombers. Thats the only way I could see that conflict being slowed down because we all know that this is never gonna end anytime in the next century.

#45 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:32 AM

Yeah, that'd suck for the Palestinians. I mean at the moment the Israelis have an unbeatable army, nuclear weapons, gaping jails, a massive air force, and border patrols that kill on sight... But if they build a wall? Wow, yeah, the Palestinians will just have to admit defeat cuz NOONE can beat a wall.

• (5 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size