Chefelf.com Night Life: Jesus Was Married Says New Study - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

Page 1 of 1

Jesus Was Married Says New Study Tuesday, November 4, 2003

#1 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 04 November 2003 - 09:12 AM

The Volatile Notion of a Married Jesus

By VIRGINIA HEFFERNAN

Half a dozen religious leaders joined David Westin, the president of ABC News, and others from the network and the press for lunch on the 22nd floor of ABC building on 66th Street in Manhattan late last week. Mr. Westin wore a sharp suit, as did some members of the clergy; others had dressed casually. Many were diffident. Some were quietly furious.

http://www.nytimes.c...;partner=GOOGLE

It's always trouble when someone presents a much more historically believable version of events that happened in the bible. I can already see the picketing zealots.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#2 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 04 November 2003 - 11:29 AM

How could Jesus NOT be married? He was a heckuva catch!

#3 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 04 November 2003 - 09:35 PM

He's been wooing men and women for 2 millenia. (anyone see south park last week?)

here's my pet peeve. the artist's name is Leonardo. you know, like the guy in titanic?

da Vinci means he's from Vinci. (actually I'm not certain on the translation of "da", but it ain't part of his last name.)

Leonardo, of Vinci. It gets to me every single time I see it misused.

Nazareth! when will people understand?

#4 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 06 November 2003 - 10:16 PM

Hey Despondent,

You wanna talk pet peeves? What I hate is how everyone always talks about how Mary Magdalene was Jesus's wife, or she was a prostitute, or at least an adulteress, or some such fiction, when all the text supports is that she was there at the crucifixion and the resurrection, and that she was a woman from whom Jesus had once removed an unclean spirit (this is how they tended to describe the diseased and the insane). Everything else about her is medieval fiction. She is probably the most fictionalized woman in the bible, including Jesus's mother, and yet there's nearly nothing written about her in the bible itself.

The upcoming PASSION OF CHRIST will have Monica Bellucci as Mary Magdalene. I am ready to bet money thay have expanded her role somehow.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#5 User is offline   Carlos 9 Icon

• Robot Cat
  • Pip
  • Group: Admin
  • Interests:kitty treats

Posted 07 November 2003 - 09:54 AM

Monica Bellucci? Meoooow. wub.gif

#6 Guest_remotely despondent_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 November 2003 - 10:09 AM

I hope they haven't expanded the role. from what I hear, it's pretty true to tradition, and a highly respected portrayal. I am not despondent on the subject of Jesus, but hopeful that liberties haven't been taken.

now if lucas was running the show, I'd put down thirty pieces of silver MM would join the cantina band and that blue muppet/keyboardist/thing in a rousing prologue.

#7 User is offline   RazielMancha Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 11 November 2003 - 11:46 AM

He had to be...That other Mary chick was banging him....

#8 User is offline   K1NGWARREN Icon

• Devil Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 07 December 2003 - 11:34 PM

Go MM!

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size