• (2 Pages)
  • +

Episode III Web Documentaries

#16 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Garth Vader @ Nov 25 2004, 01:13 PM)
the other guys apart from lucas look devastated and even rick mccallum (THE ULTIMATE yes guy)  says he didn't get the same feeling watching it as he did the originals and ben burtt and lucas discuss the amount of work that'll need to be done.

i dont know if its your memory thats at fault here but that just isnt true. McCallum said nothing to that effect at all and what they were actually discussing was an early cut of the final battle sequence- thats all, to which, (and again I offer this as counter evidence to all the 'Lucas is surrounded by yes men' bullshit,) Lucas took heavy critisicm, and as a result the film was changed. and no one looked "devastated".

#17 User is offline   Garth Vader Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (jariten @ Nov 25 2004, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (Garth Vader @ Nov 25 2004, 01:13 PM)
the other guys apart from lucas look devastated and even rick mccallum (THE ULTIMATE yes guy)  says he didn't get the same feeling watching it as he did the originals and ben burtt and lucas discuss the amount of work that'll need to be done.

i dont know if its your memory thats at fault here but that just isnt true. McCallum said nothing to that effect at all and what they were actually discussing was an early cut of the final battle sequence- thats all, to which, (and again I offer this as counter evidence to all the 'Lucas is surrounded by yes men' bullshit,) Lucas took heavy critisicm, and as a result the film was changed. and no one looked "devastated".

it's been a while since I watched it but one thingt i remember clearly was the look of disappointment on the faces of all the crew watching the film. they knew what they were watching was a stinker and so did lucas.

This post has been edited by Garth Vader: 25 November 2004 - 03:13 PM

#18 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Nov 22 2004, 08:01 PM)
I just watch a whole bunch of these documentaries, about how Episode III was made. How insulting it is to find out the "creative team" begind Gen.Grievous came up with his head by looking at a squirt bottle nozzle. Ralph McQuarrie would turn in his grave...(wait is he dead?)

Not to mention the scene with Ewan Mcgregor saying, "This is only two years later, why do I have gray hair?"

Hayden's pissed off at George Lucas because he didn't like the new hair do and said,"the problem is I know he's going to come in here and just say 'thats fine"--I don't like it at all."

Lucas goes around from crew to crew stamping his approval on stuff, and saying, "Jeez, they're building sets already, I better write this script." At one point while looking at an array of light saber props, he asks the prop guy which light sabers are which, and that now that he knows, he better write something in the script to explain the change. "I better get working on this script." What the hell, let me get this straight, he's hired all these bafoons, to work on all these details of characters and props and sets and wardrobe before he even bothered to write a script? What a fucking moron!

Didn't Ralph base the concept for yoda off his and ALbert Einsteins face?
Stress can make someones hair turn slightly gray. Being a General in a galaxy wide war should be enough stress.

I didnt notice haden said that, ill go check it out again.

#19 User is offline   The Scornful Roman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 December 2004 - 11:00 PM

Can anyone give me a link to these web documentaries? I have a Mac and I can only see things via QuickTime... And I'm not a paying member of any Star Wars online communities...

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size