Chefelf.com Night Life: What can Americans do - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

What can Americans do to help end the war and save the world?

#31 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Nov 28 2004, 02:20 PM)
Hannibal, do you even remember what this thread is about? The objective was not to provide me with material for a hillarious signature...

Well, he's done a bloody good job of it, at any rate...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#32 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 28 November 2004 - 02:37 PM

"do you even remember what this thread is about? "

Oh, you actually care about your threads Hoffie? You care about the direction of them? Have I wasted my time redirecting the aim of your important little thread?

This isn't something you would do is it? No...not at all.

Hoffie would never ever even think of doing such a thing. Not in one of my threads.

You are what you are Hoffie. Hypocrite.

Spare us your arrogance once again and be an adult.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#33 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

Hannibal- You see the thing is that until you vomited in your ideas this thread did have a clear topic and everyone was enjoying a bit of intelligent debate about that topic. Now we're talking about why I'm a massage parlor. The problem with your threads is that they slither like drunken snakes and generally have no point except to prove your love for posting random madness so it really is impossible to derail your threads because if anyone tries to create discussion or make a point you'll just pave it over with cut and pasted garbage about how Rick McCallum abducted you in his space ship and probed your anus...

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#34 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 29 November 2004 - 12:48 PM

Probably my least favorite genre of debate rebuttal (even before repeating what you already said three times, see George W.) is attempting to discredit the opposition through other means. Firstly, it's an attempt to avoid intelligent debate over the subject which either implies laziness or lack of good argument. Secondly, we are all hypocrites. No one on this planet isn't. When speaking of ideas it is generally assumed that they are ideas, not autobiographies. The reason for this is, that in order to live it you must think it up first. That is before implementing it into your life you must think about it. It is with great pleasure that I read "Hoffie's" ideas before he has fully implemented them into his lifestyle. I am quite glad he is willing to share them.

It seems to me that you (Hannibal) are suggesting a kind of absolutism. That unless you are all revolutionary and have no other characteristics you aren't revolutionary at all and are not fit to be discussing the topic. That's just silly and impossible.

I realize from these last few comments that you are fairly unpopular on this forum and so continuing to try to beat some humility into you along with everybody else doesn't appeal to me. But you stepped in and started a power struggle for the right to be called more mature and completely diverted the direction of the conversation. I was enjoying the conversation and I'm having a hard time concentrating over the irritation of this petty attempt to create drama. I needed to get this out so that I could concentrate again. Thanks.

Edit: Had hypocrite, meant hypocrites.

This post has been edited by WalrusOfPlastic: 29 November 2004 - 12:50 PM

#35 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 30 November 2004 - 01:23 AM

Listen to Uncle Slade, kids. Real friends don't let friends watch Friends. Or try to debate with Sophists.

As to the topic: I'm still unsure as to what to do. I think we're beyond healing and heading into nihilistic territory, but I'm hoping there's another solution.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#36 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 06:55 PM

Ah good show Slade lasso us all back to the topic in one quick go. I was wondering, has anyone seen Osama Bin Laden's solution to this whole problem? He provides what is actually an excellent idea for how Americans can stop terrorism in his last video. The problem is noone listened to it at all, which I can't fathom.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#37 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 30 November 2004 - 07:33 PM

What exactly did he say? End imperialism and the steady worship of self-interest and consumerism?

#38 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:08 AM

From memory, it was "don't vote for bush"
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#39 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:03 AM

He said that it was the American people, not Bush who were responsible for the agression against the mid east (This is sadly true) and that terrorism would continue regardless of whether bush or kerry was elected (though he did point out the god's honest truth about bush) His point was that the American people have to start using the power of their democracy to keep from attacking other countries, and that ONLY the American people can end terrorism. I highly recoment that anyone interested in this discussion read a transcript of his speech. He dosnt precisely state what we should do but its good stuff.

#40 User is offline   Slade Icon

Posted 01 December 2004 - 08:48 PM

The problem is that it's rather hard to get one's opinion validated without large financial resources in this country. I am of the American people, but I am not responsible for the policies this country has enacted. I did not vote for a single canidate in office at the moment (nor was I able to until last month). Unless Bin Laden is using the responsible through inaction arguement. That seems rather absurd, since I don't know what he'd expect me to do except rise up angrily against the government every time it did something I didn't like... Although that's actually not that bad an idea, there's just no support for it and no point in going solo.

I extremely dislike being lumped in with the 51% of the population who supports Bush and his cabinet's war on freedom both here and abroad, or the senators/congressmen who allow him to run rampant. The media never covers any protests against the current regime, and no one in our government listens either, so what's left?

#41 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:32 PM

Nonsense! It's the youth who cant vote who do most of the protesting and if we all try we can end this war. I've organized two demonstrations and attended a lot of marches. My shoulder made the front page on Al Jazeera once and I was also in my county's newspaper, front page again. Every little bit helps. You can get involved even if you can't vote.

#42 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:39 PM

One advantage is in a decade or so, the voting populace will be a lot more liberal then the current pool of religious sheep.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#43 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:47 AM

Osama: Bush is not the villain. I would have targeted the US even had the democrats won.

America: Ok, then, Bush = OK. Let's win this war!

Bush: Hooray!

------------------------

Anyone else figure Osama is actually dead, and this video image is the two-minute hate? Osama = Goldstein?

Just another thought.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#44 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 02 December 2004 - 06:54 AM

Civilian, I know we havn't always gotten along and there have been times when I thought you were wrong... but this is one case where I really hope you're wrong...

Just remember when the thought police show up its better to kill yourself quickly and take as many of them with you as possible than to go quietely.

#45 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:43 AM

Nobody agrees with civillian. He's a twit, or so they say.

I don't know what this topic is about, however, did you see the protests in Canada when Bush came here?

Did you also know there's a group in Canada that is urging Americans to move here?

Some of the number one reasons why they think Americans should move to Canada

1) no bush
2) gays can marry
3) pot is almost legal
4) health care

I can see it now. Gay pot smoking hippies eating up our healthcare budget as the protest against Bush in nice peaceful neighborhoods
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size