Chefelf.com Night Life: Which System is Better? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Which System is Better? GameCube, Playstation 2 or Xbox?

Poll: Which is the best system?

Which is the best system?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 User is offline   floppydisk Icon

• The Amazing Bag-Man!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies. Books. Video Games.

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:02 PM

The reason why I like him is cause its like the only weapon you have against your enemies is your courage.

That's silly, he had a sword.

Besides, Samus owns at SSBM.
QUOTE (Theodor Herzl)
If you will it, it is no dream.

#62 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:14 AM

anyone who plays as samus in SSBM is bad at the game, she is too easy to fight with... *missile* *missile* *charge* *missile* *missile* *beam* ...all to easy, no skill smile.gif

#63 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:46 PM

Alas! I can finally give an unbiased vote now.

As of recently, I bought a used Gamecube system for only $29.99 at GameStop. I only have one game for it though (Twin Snakes).

But I also own a PS2 and an XBOX.

My PS2 i bought back in Dec 2000, and I have about 60 games for it.

My XBOX I bought back in Jan of this year, and I have about 25 games for it.

I think all things considered, each system has a lot of strong virtues about them

If I had to choose an overall winner, it would be the PS2. You may think its because its the system Ive had the longest, or the one I have the most games for,..but really,.trying to look at each system from an equal standpoint,.the PS2 prevails because it can play DVDs, it can also play PSone games,..and its not as bulky as the XBOX.

The XBOXis a great system..but I think it could have been designed a lot less bulky than what it is. If console casing can be related, I would consider the "wooden" Atari 2600 to be a distant cousin of the XBOX.

Also the fact that you have to buy the add-on DVD kit for the XBOX is just flat-out gay. I hated it from the get-go, and I still hate it. The RCA brand remote feels so cheap. But the XBOX is cool that it needs no memory cards,..in fact, I never met an XBOX owner that owned memory cards.

The gamecube..my new little recently acquired gem..you cant help but to notice just how damned cute this system is. It just screams with cuteness. I have the silver one,.I did have the black one at checkout,.but I took it home and popped open the CD lid, and noticed it was very grungy inside. Almost looked like someone shoved crumbs of Ritz crackers, hair, dust, and butterfinger candy shards down in there...plus it was beyond dusty looking at every orifice of the system..the fan,.everywhere.

So I returned it the next day, and demanded one that looked brand new. which i now have. Its silver, but at least its not that gay Barney-the-dinosaur purple/indigo.

So, as you can see. I waited 6 years to get my hands on a gamecube, and saved a ton of money in the process!

owning all three 6th gen systems feels great
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#64 User is offline   mireaux7 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:art, tennis, films...esp foreign films-those are some of the best ones ive seen, video games, reading, travel.

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Dec 28 2004, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you know the most succesful console of all time is the GAMEBOY. Its sold the most units, made the most money, and been around the longest (1987-present)

1989 to present. Which actually, calling the DS a successor to the Gameboy usually encounters a bit of rivaled controversy in itself. I for one say it is, because a lot of the technology used in the DS was made possible due to the technological advances throughout Gameboy's incarnations and history
QUOTE (njamilla @ Feb 23 2008, 08:16 AM)
Shit, Fuck, Piss: I had to say that because I can on this website. (Thanks Chef!)

QUOTE (chefelf @ Feb 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
That's what I'm here for.

#65 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 08 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (mireaux7 @ Nov 26 2007, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
calling the DS a successor to the Gameboy usually encounters a bit of rivaled controversy in itself.

Yeah that's from 2004. He was referring to the GBA, not the DS. The DS was barely a concept at that point.

This post has been edited by Heccubus: 08 December 2007 - 03:19 AM

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size