Chefelf.com Night Life: Which System is Better? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Which System is Better? GameCube, Playstation 2 or Xbox?

Poll: Which is the best system?

Which is the best system?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 26 December 2003 - 11:27 AM

I nulled my vote because I find it unfair that you did not offer more neutral answers. I think all three have their highs and lows, and their own suitable markets, so it's hard to say which is the best if it's possible to do so at all.

#17 User is offline   Reader Icon

• More Important than Coal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Validating
  • Interests:oh, this and that

Posted 26 December 2003 - 04:30 PM

I think i'm going to give up on PC gaming. Too much of an expense. With consoles going online-capable, i think i can get along fine without buying a new computer all the time just to play the newest games. I'll miss a lot of great stuff, but sacrifices must be made.
"Nothing is real, all is permitted"
- Hassan i Sabbah
"There's nothing wrong with anything."
- Philip J.Fry

#18 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 26 December 2003 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Reader @ Dec 26 2003, 04:30 PM)
I think i'm going to give up on PC gaming. Too much of an expense. With consoles going online-capable, i think i can get along fine without buying a new computer all the time just to play the newest games. I'll miss a lot of great stuff, but sacrifices must be made.

I agree with you 100%. The cost of PC gaming is just too outrageous. The games are just as expensive for the console but on a console the console costs at least 1/3 the price and you have a guarantee that it will work with your hardware.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#19 User is offline   Heccubus Icon

• Ugh.
  • Group: Head Moderator

Posted 27 December 2003 - 12:47 AM

I'm perfectly happy with my copies of The Sims, Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, and Starcraft, so I agree with you there. Stick to the old, I says.

#20 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:35 AM

I am a Ninty Fanboy, fullstop.

but... However much I love Link, Samus, Mario and Fox...and maybe Kirby...

The X-Box is just exceptional.

#21 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 22 December 2004 - 11:59 AM

Bill gates or no Bill gates, until the next round the X-box is likely to lead the pack, purely through sheer power (which in turns leads to flexibilty, and wide scope of games). It's been steadly rising since it's release. As games gain more depth, and get more complex, consoles need more options. The x-box's hard drive/online gaming has given it a major head start.

But I'd like to throw a vote the gamecubes way, even if it is just for the DC back catalogue, since sega went RIP.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#22 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 05:26 PM

i have really thought about this and imust say i dont have a favorite system out of the 3, i enjoy each one equally. I bought each system for different things, PS2 seems to have the best RPGs which is my favorite genre, XBOX has great sports titles and Halo, Gamecube has Resident Evil and Zelda, the only thing i give the XBOX a slight edge over is its modding capabilities as Chef mentioned earlier.

#23 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:43 PM

I still love my PS2, but when it comes to multiplayer games, or the revamped REs, then I also like my Gamecube.

I still don't really like XBOX though, except for JSRF.
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#24 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 22 December 2004 - 10:20 PM

The consoles all have their pros and cons. Seeing as I'm not interested in online gaming and already have a DVD player, the cons of the Gamecube are nothing compared to it's repitoir of excellent exclusive titles. Hence it is the only one of the three I own, and where my vote went.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#25 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 23 December 2004 - 05:51 AM

I love my GC...

its just, when are we gonna get a good RPG?

I bought Tales of Symphonia, OMG, how dissapointing...

the only thing I play on my GC now is:

Animal Crossing
RE zero
Metriod 2 <--- This is out of 31 games!
Smash Bro's
F-Zero GX

Full list of games here - http://www.boomspeed...e/gamecube.html

I only got an X-Box a week and a half ago,
so I only have 3 games (Morrowind, Halo2 and Need for Speed Underground 2)
and I play them all almost equally.

#26 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:34 AM

It's odd that the thing that lured me to most formats is the sega games: JSRF, Panzer dragoon, Skies of arcadia, PSO (-O because it's the GC version), and a bunch of THQ published knockoffs on the GBA.

Ah, if only sega had stayed in the hardware market.

Fortunately my back catalogue keeps me warm on these long winter nights.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#27 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 23 December 2004 - 06:45 AM

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Dec 23 2004, 11:34 AM)
Ah, if only sega had stayed in the hardware market.

yeah, 'tis a pitty.

but at the end of the day, they're still pullin' out great arcade games,
the very same thing that made sega great! so don't yo worry your poor little head!

maybe they'll make moor piss poor virtua games? biggrin.gif jk

#28 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:28 AM

Over all I'll always be a playstation animal. Making it able to use the PS1's games is a tremendous blessing and makes it simply the best system available. If you like person on person combat try "Armored Core" It is magnificent and me and my friend played it for hours on end.

I cannot deny that the game cube is a great console for fun gaming and playing with friends but if you want sheer depth then its PS2 all the way.

The only games I liked at all for xbox were Unreal Tourny and KOTOR and I found Halo2 to be highly over rated.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#29 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:45 AM

It was always Segas in house console developers who made some of the best games. Never played much of the virtua stuff, except for tennis. Aside from fighter and cop, what others were there?

Fortunately owning a saturn forced me to learn a little japanese, so good came out of it.
IPB Image

#30 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 23 December 2004 - 09:49 AM

Wow, how did this get bumped? blink.gif

QUOTE (Laughlyn @ Dec 22 2004, 11:59 AM)
Bill gates or no Bill gates, until the next round the X-box is likely to lead the pack, purely through sheer power (which in turns leads to flexibilty, and wide scope of games). It's been steadly rising since it's release. As games gain more depth, and get more complex, consoles need more options. The x-box's hard drive/online gaming has given it a major head start.

But the only thing the Xbox leads the pack in is better hardware. Technically it's the most powerful system. However, that hasn't done anything to make Xbox successful in the sales department. PS2 continues to outsell both Xbox and GameCube put together. Microsoft will have to continue to duke it out for second place with GameCube. Neither of them even have Sony in their sites.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size