Chefelf.com Night Life: Weird, wacky stuff - Chefelf.com Night Life

Page 1 of 1

Weird, wacky stuff moments that freak you out

#1 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:39 AM

After my witless cheap-shot on the Jehovah's Witnesses, I recalled another interesting thing that happened while besmirching folks who are just doing what they feel is right (and don't really hurt anyone.)

Years ago, while at my Grandparents' with family gathered around, we were discussing religious zealots, and my Uncle Don was going off on how "crazy" the JW's are. Right as his lambast was in full development, this Drawer (with Heavy-duty, ball-bearing drawer slide featuring Hold-in detent) on the entertainment center (physically located between Don and I,) just moved and opened all by itself.

Not that the two are connected in any way. It was kinda spooky, that's all.

I know this isn't the Art Bell radio show, I'm not looking for conspiracies here either. But has anyone ever encountered something that defies explanation? Once I had my barber chair in Locked mode and it rotated. (I had a witness then too.)

#2 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:50 AM

You know, I am really, really skeptical about these thing. I am a dead rationalist and I do not believe in "strange" coincidences. It is all physics. Stress relieve, thermal expansion etc.

I read a book once, "Surely you're joking Mr Feynman" I am sure you have heard of him. Well, he recalls an incident, which was also weird. His wife was dying on tuberculosis (it was in the 40s) and he was visiting her in a hosital. He gave her a clock, which was displaying the time, it must have been one of early models and it was always standing on her night table . She died eventually, and they let him know, ho he came to the hospital, and then he discovered that the clock stopped right after his wife died. It is a poignant story, but Feynman actually thought abuot it and found a rational explanation - the clock stopped, because the nurse picked it because she wanted to note the time of death.

So there was a rationl explanation.

#3 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:48 PM

I was sleepwalking a few nights ago. I found myself blind drunk, and in the bed exactly a floor below mine, with less than absolutly no idea how I got there, or why I was asleep. Last time anyone had seen me, I was upstairs plating GTA.

The following night, I woke up and pissed in the sink in my bedroom, unable to open the easily-unlocked-from-the-inside door. I remember less of this than I do of the last one, but my roommate watched me do it.

I haven't done it since, thankfully.

I do have premonitions in dreams. Never useful ones...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#4 User is offline   Emu Icon

• the internets
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:fire, typing random things; getting guys drunk and getting them to do my Spanish homework for me; time travel; exploding things.

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:37 AM

Once there was a plastic bag on the counter in my kitchen, and a gust of wind came through the window and moved the bag completely to the other end of the counter. Upon further investigation it was found that the bag contained a heavy ceramic butter dish.
Head Gunner for the Royal Sloop Crimson Steel, Queen of the Dead, Instigator of Chaos and Confusion, Knight of the Grand Recursive Order of the Lambda Calculus, and also The Non.

Remember Emu's face, people; one day it's going to be on the news alongside a headline about blowing some landmark to smithereens, and then we can all sigh and say, "She was such a normal person".....
....We'd be lying though.
-Laughlyn

If my doctor tells me to exercise, I am going to force him to do my homework.
-Mirithorn

- Do Not Use the Elevators - deviantART - Infinite Monkeys -

#5 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 21 November 2004 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Nov 11 2004, 01:48 AM)
The following night, I woke up and pissed in the sink in my bedroom, unable to open the easily-unlocked-from-the-inside door. I remember less of this than I do of the last one, but my roommate watched me do it.

Hang on, your roommate watched you take a piss? Does that not distub you in any way?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#6 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:52 AM

He claims he was in hysterics as I failed to open the door. I wasn't paying attention at the time, so no, not really...

I did it again the other night, apparently, but this time he told me how to unlock the door, and said fluids found the correct recepticle...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size