Chefelf.com Night Life: The epic and mystical journey of Glamis the Great - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

The epic and mystical journey of Glamis the Great A novel

#91 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:46 AM

It's been a long time coming, but it's great to see another chapter up. Very entertaining as always, with laughs a plenty. thumbsup.gif

#92 User is offline   Mad Rabbit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Movies, Reading, Drawing, Lots o' stuff.

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:48 AM

YAY!!! Another Chapter! I'm honored that you dedicated to me! As always it's was marvelous! The bit about the dwarves in danger of falling victim to throw apple or lob watermelon had me in stitches! Excellent characters, Excellent writing, just plain Excellent! I just hope it doesn't take quite so long for the next chapter! Not that it matters, I'll wait as long as it takes! I'm hooked!

#93 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 19 December 2004 - 05:31 AM

I'm really sorry for the slow chapters but I will try to have one up soon. I have a hell of a lot going on, I wandered the frozen Christmas streets of my town in a Holden Caulfield-like stupor today and it's just not a good time for me. When I have access to liquer again I think I'll be ok.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#94 User is offline   Mad Rabbit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Movies, Reading, Drawing, Lots o' stuff.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 09:54 AM

Sorry JM, I didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you. I just love the story so much!

#95 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:46 AM

Just remember, that regardless of what happens out there in the real world, we're supporting you here all the way.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#96 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 19 December 2004 - 07:07 PM

Mad Rabbit- Don't apologize. You guys are the reason this story exists, the best motivation I have to write. You've helped me a lot.

Sime- Thank you. Thank you very much, that meanns a lot to me. I can't express it properly without sounding sentimental and exagerative.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#97 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 24 December 2004 - 07:26 AM

Here's a map of Glamis' world to tide you guys over til the next chapter.

#98 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 24 December 2004 - 09:58 AM

Wow, plenty of places. So there's plenty more to go? Oh, you missed out 20 in the key.

Also have to say that when I see there's a new post in "The epic and mystical journey of Glamis the Great" by JM Hofmarn, I get excited.

This post has been edited by SimeSublime: 24 December 2004 - 09:59 AM

The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#99 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:54 AM

20 isn't supposed to be there because it's a hidden city. It's so well hidden I forgot to put it in the map key. That's how far its population goes to maintain their secrecy. Now that you know as well, your life is in danger.

And, yeah, there's plenty more to go. You can see I've only used up less than a fourth of the map locations. And thanks, that really means a lot to me. I promise a new chapter soon.

#100 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 26 December 2004 - 03:38 AM

How come everyone else in the Universe is able to use Paint to make groovy pictures, and all I can manage is stickmen? Shiny stuff...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#101 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:51 AM

My paint ablilities are shown by the crappy banner for the Games Room. Don't worry, your not the only one who sucks with it.

#102 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 04 January 2005 - 08:32 PM

The passing of the unpleasant swamps

As we neared the unpleasant swamps I turned to Phil to learn a bit about the history of these swamps.

"What do you know of these swamps, oh sagacious one?" I enquired.

"Well, they're wet, and they're full of unpleasantness. Some call them wetlands. Others call them marshes." He said wisely.

"That's not entirely true" Came a gravelly and mysterious voice from behind us that I instantly realized was that of the Surly Wanderer. We both stopped and turned to listen to his words.

"The unpleasant swamps aren't actually swamps at all. It's a lovely strip of land that was discovered by some elves. They named it "The Unpleasant Swamps" to keep other people from coming and developing the area." We looked at him in awe as Phil interjected with a question.

"Do you mean to tell me there's no suffering or danger here? I was thinking we'd find some great adventures here, especially if we were able to steer clear of the plains of good fortune." These words drew a laugh from S.W. and when his mirthless chuckle flew off on the wind he replied in his usually serious and calm tone.

"The plains of good fortune is actually an impassable swamp full of deadly monsters. However it's too late to go through there now."

Phil was agape. "And we missed this why?" He asked, nonplussed.

"Perhaps because we'd have all surely died if we'd gone there?" Added Randylyl.

"If we wanted to hear your disturbing twist on logic we'd ask for it, laddy!" Retorted Crotch.

"We cannot travel the path through the plains of good fortune because we must reach Skabatel in time to heal Gilliam." Said SW.

"Oh he'll be fine! And besides, do we really need to heal him? His only purpose on this quest is to die in order to get the plot moving and provide drama." Said Phil.

"HEY!" Cried Gilliam, obviously resentful of his position in the party.

"Well it's true!" Said Zorbilliam. "Think about it. What purpose could you possibly serve in the party? I'm the obligatory king seeking justice and the return of his crown." He said.

"I'm the elf!" Yelled Pinecone.

"I'm the dwarf who's better than the elf!" Cried Crotch.

"Stupid dwarf not better than elves!" Pinecones yelled as the two began brawling, but were stopped by a whack-in-the-nuts spell by Phil.

"I'm the wizard!" Said Phil, brandishing his staff as the feuding adventurers dropped to their knees.

"I'm the Surly Wanderer" Said he of the same name.

"I'm the obligatory swordsman." Said I.

"I..." Gilliam said tremulously.

"Yes?" We all asked expectantly.

"Well I can make a good quiche..." He said, trying desperately to finda reason why he didnt deserve horrible death.

After an awkward silence we all got moving again and began chanting about how we expected Gilliam would die.

#103 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2005 - 12:56 AM

Bravo, bravo! That was wonderful! (applauding here) You are back in great style, which I am very glad to see. I loved the way this chapter worked, like a skit working its way to its hilarious punchline. Very enjoyable. This is a thoroughly entertaining story, JM. Keep it coming! Author! Author!

#104 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:42 AM

Phil's spells just keep getting better and better. Well done!

#105 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:57 PM

I promise there will be an update soon.

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size