Chefelf.com Night Life: George Lucas on Trial...this time:Plagiarism - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

George Lucas on Trial...this time:Plagiarism A saga in six parts...

#1 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:58 PM

wink.gif WARNING: The following post contains strong language, profanity, and vulgarism, please be advised, it is not intended to offend anyone but George Lucas and is not aimed specifically at anyone or at any group, nor anyone posting in this forum. If you do not like this kind of language, do not read this post. sad.gif

Flash Gordon
Silent Running
Hidden Fortress
Seven Samurai
Metropolis
Lensman by E.E.Doc Smith
Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series
Dune
Forbidden Planet
The 5th Element
Judge Dread
Minority Report
Queen Millennia
Bladerunner
Dersu Uzala
Throne of Blood
Nausicaa
Lord of the Rings
Kamui No Ken
Predator
Batman TV Show
Space Pirate Captain Harlock
The Man With the Golden Gun
Galaxy Express 999
Gladiator
Lost In Space
Thunderball
The Sr-71 Blackbird
Spaceballs
First Men in the Moon
Phantom Menacers
Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids
Ben Hur
2001: A Space Odyssey
Star Trek
Concepts by Syd Mead
Triumph of the Will
John Carter of Mars
Dinotopia
A.I.
Wagner's Ring Cycle
Metal Warriors
War of the Worlds
and more discoveries to come later...

Essentially, we can take from the above sources and make ourselves an entire Star Wars Saga, and call it a work or genius, an "homage" or whatever shit the public will buy into, but nonetheless, George Lucas has proven without a shadow of a doubt that one can effectively plagiarize, lift scenes, plots, characters, designs from their respective copyrighted sources, sling the shit together with some snazzy special effects and make some movies, and toys and become a rich man.

It is so simple. Just read some books on popular myths and public consciousness, like The Art of Lying or some garbage by Joseph Campbell and you can see how to manipulate the public into buying loads of useless plastic shit because its in the collective unconscious to be attracted to such nonsense.

Here is how George Lucas wrote Star Wars:
(After reading the lost philosophical writings of Heinrich Himmler)

$TAR WAR: EPISODE 4: A NEW DOPE(FOR THE MASSES)

...Opening credits, lets see...we'll use that scroll like effect from the old Flash Gordon serial, fuck it, we won't bother to even change the font, nobody will notice this shit anyway, that was years ago...but we'll put it in light lettering on a black background...lift that line that intoduces that Kurosawa film, yeah, "It was a period of civil war..." So far so good. Okay we need two Laurel and Hardy characters...yes, those guys from Hidden Fortress will do just fine. One tall, one short...robots! Yeah, but we'll call them...borgs...no...bots...no...yes...DRONES...errr, DROIDS! Send that off to the copyright attorney...Silent Running will do fine, I loved those little DROIDS...err DRONES...with the mechanical arms that fix shit and wobble around squeaking...yeah, and for the tall guy...how about an androgynous body type, like the one from Metropolis...got it...yeah that'll work. Okay now we need a fucking plot. Hmmm...where do we get one of those...Shit. what am I thinking, we'll just start out with the plot of Hidden Fortress and those two bumbling guys who hate eachother yet love eachother...and alright, wait, we need a big space battle...and uh...well, Flash Gordon was good for something...okay, wait...those Isaac Asimov books about the Intergalactic Empire and that technological planet...yeah...there it is! Okay so there's this evil intergalactic empire, bureacratic in nature, but...wait...I want a fucking evil "Lord." Like Ming or something...Hmm...asian...maybe...Ming...Ching...Wing-Ding...no...those darn slant-eye rice eaters...lets look in the encyclopedia...aha! Eureeka! Let's see here...whats this about a lord buddha...hmmm...lord....blah...blah...Siddartha...THATS IT! Darth for short, we'll call him Darth! An evil buddha lord of...of...of...dammit! Lets see what Joseph Campbell says about this shit...blah blah blah....what's this...interesting, what is this shit about the boabahn-sith...like vampires...evil...dark...I'm a fucking genius! Darth Vader, evil lord of the Sith! Alrighty now...this is getting better...So Ming, I mean Darth is the Lord of this evil empire...well...lets make him...lets have an Emperor...and alright thats good for now. Okay, more plot. Back to Hidden Fortress...so these two guys...I mean drones....er droids are in space and they have to help save this princess...yeah...like Hidden Fortress...but they meet this evil lord buddha, I mean Darth...is after them and he's like this samurai...yeah with a space helmet that looks like a samurai helmet of course...no, how about a cool nazi helmet...cause he's like a nazi!
No wait, this is better, he's like an evil ninja like the guy in that Kamui No Ken story...holy jeepers...thats the plot!
So these two japs, I mean droids escape from the clutches of this evil Darth and...oh hell, just use the same beginning as Hidden Fortress...so they wander through the desert and meet up with this old General Rokurota...and Tochiro Mifune will play him! Aw fuck...we can't use the same name...alright...where's that Nip dictionary...lets see...Obi...means belt...hmmm...wan...like a sword or something...a hidden sword...in his belt...A Lazer Sword for ninjas! I'm a fucking genius! So General Obiwan and these two japs, I mean droids...no wait...thats getting too far ahead of the story, young Frodo, err Kamui's village has to be pillaged by imperial samurai...and his foster parents killed and the dagger found...okay...so Laurel and Hardy make it through the desert...hmmm...lets see here...no they're captured by Oompa Loompas...noooo...munchkins....yeah like Wizard of Oz, and they have to follow the yellow brick road...wait a second this mescaline is wearing off, I better get another hit of something...ahhhhhhhhh...okay, back to the story. So the droids get captured and then are...sold like slaves! Cool! So then they meet up with Kamui...err...Lucasaki...no...Luca...oh hell, he's a farmboy for Gods sake, we'll just call him Luke after all. Alrightie then, so Luke and the japs, I mean the droids then go out into the desert to get lost so they can all meet General Rokurota...I mean Kenobi...but shit. This isn't the Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and there can't be any gold...which also means that no gold or treasure from Kamui's dagger, I mean Luke's lightsaber either...so...lets see then, Kamui meets the old hermit...to learn about his lightsaber...SHIT! I'm a genius! While Luke and the two slaves meet Kenobi, his foster parents get killed so he will be forced to leave home and avenge them!!!!

Okie-dokie-doo...so Luke and the droids meet Kenobi, and Kenobi tells Luke about his father's dagger, I mean lightsaber and that they have to help save the princess. Shit...wait, with no gold, why are these guys involved now? Oh yeah, hmm...I wanted Forbidden Planet to fit in here at some point...hell, I don't know...maybe this is all just plain silly...hmmm...$$$$$$$....no...its not silly...not at all...okay then...I loved that scene in Forbidden Planet with the chick half naked in the pool...hmmm...and the robot...and the hologram projector...and ....that's it!@^%#$*&%@!!

I'm a genius! So Kenobi and Luke discover a secret message that the robot is carrying beaming this hologram out...and this chick who appears like the Virgin Mary tells them about secret plans...secret plans for what though?

Hmmm...this will take some serious thinking...Asimov...Smith...Herbert...Flash Gordon...Matsumoto...

That's it...easy as pie, the plans are not the map to hidden gold, but the hidden fortress! A space fortress ship of magna...magma...megala...megalopo...magnificent...no...maniacal...well whatever...proportions...a huge starship...a megalaship...a megalopolis of a ship...a megastarship...a death ship...a death star!

So anyway, they get this message with the chick....I mean from princess Yukihime, or well...Leia for short. And then they head out like in Seven Samurai, young pup and master, out to get help to save the farmers...well...no...just to save the princess...er wait, Kamui boarded a pirate ship to find his gold...we'll have them search for a pirate ship to take them to Alderbaraan..or whatever...where princess Yukihime Leia is supposed to be saved! Shit this gets better as I go along, and I didn't really have to think too hard! So then, Tochiro Mifune, a blond aryan kid and the two robotroids like in Seven Samurai head into town, get past the guards like in Hidden Fortress through a bit of trickery, and try to find Clark Gable played by Christopher Walken, kinda like the lone ranger and Tonto... a fearsome Leiji Matsumoto space pirate with his sidekick-slave companion...Indiana...no too american...how about Sasquatch? Sasquatoon? Sasquat...spitoon...somethin western-like...a cowboy name...Tobacky? no...Chewtabacky...no...Chewbacca!!!! Yeah, and a western saloon where they all meet up and have a gunfight...Time to watch Yojimbo again, I need all the jap shit I can find to alienize the american western...
Fucking geeeeeyusss George...okay...okay...we will then have them escape with this space pirate, and then obiwan will sense something bad. Luke will have a training scene, but I'm too lazy to write anything so I'll just have him practice on these space-balls that float around shooting at him like in the old Xmen comics...Han and Obi will have a religious discussion and then they'll get sucked into this hollow moon artificial planet and they'll have to play the old "lets dress up like indians game" only with Stormtrooper outfits. Yeah, okay and they'll save the princess...let's see here, good old Tolkien, hum de dum...oh here it is, the entrance to the Mines of Moria...uh huh...okay, they fall into this trash compacter and have to escape from this creature...blah blah then let's see...General Rokoruta...er Kenobi will fight with...yeah okay, Darth and Obi fight and ...(A DEPARTURE FROM THE SCRIPT: ALEC GUINESS AT THIS POINT SUGGESTED OBIWAN DIE, SO HE COULD TAKE A VACATION FROM THIS STAR WARS SHIT)
Luke and Han take off to shoot down enemy planes...meanwhile Leia and Chewchilla sit idly by in the cockpit...They blow away these enemy fighters and land in Argentina...yeah...argentina...so then Luke immediately joins the rebels and they study the secret plans...Luke takes off to fight the bad guys in your basic end of the movie battle action secquence while Peter Cushing stands there humming while he's about to be blown to smithereens...okay, the big death star blows up and they all go back to Planet Argentina, which we'll call Nivay...or Yavin, screw it it doesn't matter, anywway, now comes the glorious end scene, where our fearless figher pilots walk into the Nuremberg Rallies and are given medals, that scene from that nazi propaganda film will work well, perfect....the end. i hope this sells fricken toys because I need to pay off my pinto.

TO BE CONTINUED

in our next adventure, George Lucas comes up with another cheesy story in:

$TAR WAR$: EPI$ODE 5, THE EMPIRE MOVES FORWARD
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#2 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:09 PM

Jesus did you write that? That's great, only Lucas actually told a taken-aback Guiness that Obi-Wan would die, Guiness did not suggest that, and was fairly perturbed by it.

However, anyone's mind who works like that is either insane or a genius, or both. Because that's just crazy smile.gif

#3 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 November 2004 - 08:31 PM

Jesus didn't write it, I did. Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2...err I mean part 5.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#4 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:56 AM

Quite interesting. But it raises the question on whether you could proove anything was based on anything older.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#5 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 02:32 AM

Patience...
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#6 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:17 PM

dont forget about 'The Searchers'.

#7 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:43 PM

That was AMAZING!!!

No really, I've always dreamed of doing stuff like that but I never thought I'd ever see someone pull it off!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I await patiently for your next installment! biggrin.gif

#8 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 10 November 2004 - 01:02 PM

Yes, Hannibal, that was a great post.

(long as it wasn't lifted dry.gif )

looking forward to upcoming seg' mince

#9 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:55 PM

$TAR WAR$: EPI$ODE 5, THE EMPIRE MOVE$ FORWARD

After a couple years of cashing in on tons of plastic toys, George Lucas decides to write another space epic...

Its time for a sequel, I want one of those big jacuzzy hot tubs for my wife...lets see, star wars part 2...I can't think straight, I better get some whip-its and go and rent some movies with my brand new VCR...maybe I'll check out the film archive at the U and check out a couple film festivals...

George views some cheesy B movies, and revisits kurosawa...he goes through his Joseph Campbell collection and buys a few used SF paperbacks at the store...stays home all day watching cartoons and drinking milkshakes...
reads up on some serious nazi philosophy including the Secret Doctrine by Blavattsky...

What will happen next?

Hmm...I'm too lazy to write this shit...(farts on the couch leaving a stink in the room)...I should find a couple a writers...err somebody to do all these damn difficult details...I'll get ahold of Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan, their living in studio apartments eating breadcrumbs right now, they'll do it...

{on the phone with Brackett and Kasdan}...okay...here's what I want, I want the beginning to be similar to the first one, but not...I want the Rebels to go to Thule...and maybe you could make it like some isolated planet...alright, so Darth is after Luke and he sends out these robots...but I want this adventure with Luke on Thule where he runs into the Abominable Snowman, like in that Peter Cushing movie, god I love Peter Cushing, I shouldn't have killed him off like that, maybe we'll get Christopher Lee in one of these...anyway...so he's out wandering around on a horse scouting for Indians, errr...robots...imperial troops or whatever, and he runs into the Abominable Snowman and is dragged into a cave...meanwhile, the rebels are back at the rebel secret hideout, and basically, I want these scenes from that 1978 show...that Jap show, no not Starblazers that was 74 I think, same Jap crap, by whats his name, Matsumoto, anyway, theres these scenes with the space pirates trying to fix their ship, and one goes out to an ice planet to find these crystals to power the ship, and gets lost in the snow, yeah it might be good to use the exact shot...{Kasdan: isn't that kind of plagiarism?} Hell no, its japanese, thats not plagiarism, its only plagiarism when you steal from American sources...{Kasdan: oh okay} So anyway, Luke is lost, and the Space Pirate is hanging out with Princess Leia and...hmm...what do you think Leigh, do you think you can write some shit with Han and Leia? So I want Han to go out...into the snow storm...just like that space pirate...and instead he finds Luke...and before that Luke is in the cave, and he fights the beast and escapes into the cold, and then the ghost of obiwan appears to tell him about his future...{Brackett: You mean like Scrooge?} No....hell no, I need Alec Guiness in this picture to sell it, just write some crap about Luke going to a swampy place where he is supposed to meet Gollum. {Gollum?} Well, make it like Gollum meets the Hermit from Kamui no Ken, you see adding these foreign things makes it "alien." {Okay...} Anyway...Old Ben tells Luke to go meet this drunken master...where later we'll have Luke do all kinds of things in those scenes from that chinese '79 flick with Siu Tien Yuen...{you mean the martial arts film?} Yeah...so anyway...Han comes along and ...hmmm....either one of you guys see Kurosawa's Dersu Uzala? {No...No..} Well, there's this scene where the heroes are caught in a snow storm at dark and they have to try to keep warm so they build this little shelter and its like this cocoon, and ...well, anyway, lets just use the dead horse...{Horse?} or whatever, make it an alien, send this off to the copyright office, call it a Tauntaun, make it like a camel....so they crawl inside this big dead animal to keep warm and in the morning, the soldiers rescue them...{Soldiers?} Well, in Dersu Uzala, they fire off a shot and get a reply, and there's this cheering, have the rebels contact them and so the audience will cheer...{ooohh kayyy}...so then, Darth is up there in space and he's still searching for Luke, and they find the planet and so on and get ready to send out a war party...{why is Darth after Luke?} Ummm...you know, like Sauron is after Frodo...Lukes our hero, and its like he knows where he is, but doesn't know, he can sense it...{but...what about the rebels?} Yeah, I know its secondary...well it won't matter...it IS the evil empire...{right} so the Empire lands and I want this big battle with Oliphants like in the Tolkien books, I want Stormtroopers riding these big Oliphants...{Uh...George...thats...} Shit....hmmm...wait...let me sniff some whipits...wait while I get the balloons...{Kasdan to Brackett: Is this guy nuts? He's like making this shit up as he goes along...and its all based on...} ALright I'm back...I found this Syd Mead sketch the other day, like these Oliphants could be like these robot things, giant mechanical Oliphants, but the same premise you know, a Lord of the Rings Battle scene...and we can have Luke dress up in that orange pilot outfit, the sales of the pilot luke action figure are down a bit, so anyway, Luke can take off in his X-Wing with his good buddy Zack....and Zack can get killed...I want the audience to feel bad for the rookie...{Zack?}{wait a minute George, this sound like Battlestar Galactica...}
Fuck BATTLESTAR GALACTICA! I made star wars, I made the space battles, its MINE! {Can we change the name to Dack?} Yeah okay...so Luke climbs on one of these Oliphants and finds a weakness and destroys them...the rebel base is invaded by Darth Vader and everyone escapes...{Everyone?} Yeah...everyone...{Nobody dies...its just empty when they get there...?} Yeah...well, Zack dies, but yeah, its like empty...hah aha! {Ooooookeeeeeee} So then, Luke then takes off and goes to the swamp world....{how does he know how to get there?} Shit I don't know...he just knows...Ben has ESP and told him fuck I don't know...anyway, I want the Space Pirate to take off with Leia and the drones and the sasquatch to flee from Darth Vader...{but why is Vader after them, why is he following them>isn't he supposed to be after Luek?} Yeah, but I want Luke to go to the swamp world to learn martial arts from the hermit drunken gollum master...
so Darth can't follow him...{Right} So it'll pick up then from that episode of that 78 cartoon series, Captain Harlock...where the space pirates are being chased by the space patrol into this asteroid field and their ship conks out...{George, thats a little too close don't you think?} Shit, nobody but the French are watching this Albator show, its not playing in the US right now, nobody will know, so who cares...anyway, so they get followed into this asteroid field, their ship conks out and ...well there's this funny scene where the space pirate is under the ships controls trying to fix something and a tray of tools falls on his head...I want that! {Alright} and anyway...besides this cartoon is just a rip off of Star Wars anyway...just like Battlestar Galactica...they fuck me, I'll fuck them...{but George, why can't we just do something original?} this is original my little freind...so they get into this asteroid field, and ....hmm....I don't know...but Luke goes to swampworld and meets this hermit guy...who feeds him soup...{feeds him soup?} yeah and Luke doesn't like it...{sure why not "soup"} and have you guys seen Dersu Uzala? {we already said no...} oh....yeah...so theres this funny scene when this soldier is camping in this eeire part of the woods he calls "Walpurgis" and he hears this noise and this little man approaches and just sits down ignoring all the soldier's sense of social protocols...and he introduces himself in this humble way which endears him to the audience....and they eat soup...{soup} yeah, and its really funny, I want gollum to do that.{Gollum?} Well, not really Gollum, drunken master...so its funny, he should be like Dersu, like an elf of the woods, get a midget to play him or something...{george, this isn't going to work...}shut up, we'll use a goddamn rubber puppet if we have to...anyway so he meets this little old man who feeds him soup and trains him in these martial arts like things for the Force...{the Force?} yeah didn't you see the last film? {Well we were kind of busy...} Shit, the force...is uhh....this invisible energy thing...how did they put it in those new age books, "we are light beings, not of crude matter..." yeah, well its the Force man, read some Carlos Castaneda for Christs sakes...this chinese yoga shit is popular out there man...YOGA! YEah! Name the little guy Yogo, or something...{sounds like Pogo} no...well something like that, so Luke learns this mystical shit, and does these funny exercises...{what about the space pirates?} what space pirates? {Han and the drones} oh yeah...I almost forgot about them...well, shit, uh....by this time...we'll have...have you guys ever seen Zombies of the Stratosphere? {what the fuck?} well, there's this cool spaceguy, rocketman guy with a jet pack and a neato helmet, well we'll have this rocketman guy get hired by the Empire to go after them...{why?} Uh....well, its about Han Solo and his problems with the Harkonnens...{The Harkonens?} Yeah, you see when he was on planet Arakis, he smuggled some spice and got busted and had to give up the spice, and these space thugs are pissed at him and so this guy, this Captain Fett guy is after them...{Captain Fett?} well whatever, and so Darth Vader sends this cool guy out after them to Cloud City. {Cloud City? I thought they were in an asteroid field?} Uhh...yeah, Cloud City, from Flash Gordon, I need this scene where they get caught...
{Sure okay} So they get to cloud city and meet this black guy who is one of Han's criminal friends...get some blaxploitation actor...it'll be funny...{what about Luke and Yoga?} Shit oh yeah, so I don't know, just use some crap from Drunken Master and then, I want this scene where Luke goes into this cave and meets Darth VAder...{Wait I thought Vader was on Cloud City?} not yet, I mean , no, its all just like a dream or something, and he cuts off his head and sees his own head in its place...{Umm...sure why not} And this little Yoga fellow tells him thats its a warning, and he's in great danger, he must face himself while facing the dark side...{George....where did you get this from?} Its in this Jospeh Campbell book I read...{alright then...} So get Alec Guiness some lines there...{you want Alec Guiness to play Yofa?} No...just make a scene with his ghost again...{why?} So Obiwan can give Luke some advice about the dark side...so meanwhile on cloud city, Han Solo and Liea are hanging out with this Black guy, and the droids....wait aminute, if Luke is flying in an X-Wing, that means that Artoo-Deetoo should be on the swamp world...yeah, and so C3Po is on cloud city, goddamnit why did I make all these characters? hmmm.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$....toys....yeah thats right....so anyway, lets have this scene with oompaloompas and C3P0...{you mean Jawas?} I thought you said you never saw the first one, {oh...uh...we heard about it...} not Jawas, make up some new shit...have the oompaloomas like play around with C3P0 and sing songs or something...{sing songs/} yeah, they could be like in these worksuits like in that Gene Wilder movie, whats it called....{anyway George waht happens to Han Solo, or waht happened to this Rocketman guy?} Shit I don't know, you guys are the writers...figure something out, have them escape, get to cloud city and say, have the Epmpire get there before they do...a real plot twist you know, and have Captain Fett and his cloned rocket rangers...{rocket rangers?} okay bad idea...so anyway I want this torture scene with Han Solo, like in the old World War II movies with the Nazis, and they put Han in suspended animation...{Why?} I don't know, I've always wanted to do that, "suspended animation" {but why though?} Well Captain...or Obo Fett catches him and he will later take him to the Harkonnens to be tortured...{why does he have to be in suspended animation?} Because I said so, I want to see Harrison Ford in a block of ice! {Alright Georege alright}...so Luke gets there...{wait...how does Luke even know where they are?} Damn you...I don't know, Obiwan told him, he has ESP remember? {Sure why not}....so Luke gets there and fights with Commander Fett, and{Why is this Fett guy in the story by the way? What about Darth Vader?} Oh shit you're right, we'll have Luke fight Darth Vader, and holy shit, you're right, so Luke meets Darth Vader...and...wait...let me...see....Kamui no Ken...the evil ninja turns out to be his father...so thats perfect, Luke finds out that Darth is his father! {Shit George you think this is going to work?} Its how I made the last one...look at how much money I made! Raplph Mcquarrie can really make something out of all this shit, with him at my side, nothing can stop us now...{can we use that line?}
Yeah!!!!!!!! Yeah!! A great Idea, the evil emperor{what evil emperor?} the evil emperor...yeah, is telling Darth Vader that if they get Luke on their side, nothing can stop the Empire from succeeding! {Who is this emperor?} Ever seen OMEGA MAN with Charlton heston? {The one based on that vampire book, I am Legend?} yeah, The Emperor is like the bad guy in that movie, in a black cloak with pale white skin and yellow eyes and strange esp and stuff...{so you want us to rip off another movie} Larry, this is not a rip off, its an homage...a bow to old sci-fi movies of the past...{that movie only came out a couple years ago george...} yeah, but the public has a short attention span, and besides, it was a flop, nobody saw it. So Darth reveals he is Lukes father and Han gets frozen and Luke falls into this pit...and then at the bottom of the pit is a hole and the hole leads him to the sky and then the Black guy shows up and saves him...what about han...Fett will take Han to the Harkonnens...{We can't use that George, thats from Dune...} whatever, the Harkonese, the Hakkeses...whatever make up some shit...and thats it...{thats it? what the fuck kind of ending is that?} Its to be continued...{Shit George what if this film doesn't make any money....what if it goes bust, what if people get pissed because theres no ending, what if...} Larry, who's the marketing genius around here? You? hardly...I am the wiz, you are the worthless writer, now fill in the gaps, fill in the blanks and give me a working script in a week or you're fired...

Now...I have got to spend full time on the marketing angle...I don't have time to direct this fucking thing...

TO BE CONTINUED

in

$TAR WAR$ EPISODE 6: REVENGE OF THE MERCHANDI$E!
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#10 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:41 PM

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 10 November 2004 - 06:43 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#11 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:58 PM

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 10 November 2004 - 07:08 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#12 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:03 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#13 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:28 PM

Just to let you know, Prelude to Foundation was written well after ESB, so he didn't copy that. That was good too though. I'm piqued for the third one.

#14 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:04 PM

Again, that was amazing! I can't believe that George Lucas ripped off so much.

Yes I know about 'King of the Rocketmen' from 1949, and the movie the Rocketeer was based on it (a real homage, not some crappy plagerism), and it was a good movie.

Did you know that the Nazis were the ones who originally thought up of rocketeers? It's true. Hitler had a shitload of secret and wonder weapons to be built and he hardly did any of them. Rocket packs and rocketmen were for REAL!

#15 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 11 November 2004 - 04:05 PM

Why does this amaze you? And why is it a bad thing? Go ahead and try to think of some brand new ideas, events, designs etc.. about anything. You know how few orignial things there are out there. Where do you get the inspiration from? If your brain can do less work by altering past concepts, it will. You don't sit down and thing of the most original thing in the world. Many times that is not an efficient way to spend your time. If Lucas did that, then I'm sure the first SW launch would have been in the early 90's. And by then Luke Skywalker and the Wookies would have been fucking lame.

The imperial walker comparrison. You obviously have no idea how the design process works. That is what you do. A man tells you to make some giant robot with legs (lucas). You don't just start drawing random bullshit (frustrated concept artist), that would hours upon hours. You go find pictures and objects that help inspire the design, once you have a solid mental picture (brought on by a real picture or model right before your eyes) then you can start tweaking it.

I'm not even sure he'd deny that he used early 21st century themes. He's open about it. It's not plagiarism.

The man ruined the Saga by making shitty films. You can blame him for that, but not for being a racisit rip off artist. Everyone does it. If you asked a civil firm to design you a bridge, *unless you wanted it for estetics and be one of a kind*, the first thing the engineers would do is find another bridge that meets your requirements and take it and tweak it. Everyone does it. It's time efficient and helps give a base to start from.

I challenge you to come up with enough orignal fodder to fill up THREE movies. Good f'in luck. smile.gif

* Even then they'd go to another soruce.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 11 November 2004 - 04:07 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size