• (2 Pages)
  • +

Got the Ep 3 Trailor...

#16 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:32 AM

that sounds about right although you can hardly blame lucasfilm for that. honestly though watch it if you get the chance its really good.

#17 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 10:47 AM

It sounds like it's worth a look from what everyone's said. I'm definitely curious. Although, I think Lucas is just being a bit of a wanker with how closely he guards the secrecy of these movies. Nobody else in the film business keeps a film wrapped up so tightly until the last minute. Or is Lucas doing this because he doesn't want people to find out he's got nothing until they've seen the movie.

#18 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:09 AM

I've seen the teaser, and he's got nothing now. Never have I been left so cold by something out of LFL.

#19 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:42 AM

Really? I mean considering half of it was scenes from the OT it got the nostalgia factor high, the evil Anakin was cool, and I for one thought the duel looked very good. I mean, there wasn't enough there to be left cold by it. Maybe in a trailer yeah, but this is just a teaser, it has, what, .05 % of the scenes in the actual movie? That's just too little to be left cold by.

This post has been edited by Vwing: 05 November 2004 - 11:43 AM

#20 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:44 AM

If I could see the damn thing, I could give an opinion... although I think I'd probably agree with Sagacity by the sounds of the thing, you know... wookie armies and "evil" Anakin. Somehow, I just think I'm going to find that pathetic.

#21 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:54 AM

The OT footage being in there did bug me some. In the back of my mind I was thinking, "oh, now GL acknowledges that the OT exists!" Yeah, it's a little short to really carry something big from it, but you couldn't tell that from the gushing I've seen. tongue.gif

#22 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Sagacity @ Nov 5 2004, 11:09 AM)
I've seen the teaser, and he's got nothing now. Never have I been left so cold by something out of LFL.

honestly? the clips of the duel, 'evil anakin' looked great, so did the wookies, a couple of shots of the battle over Courasant, VADER, Sidious going mental on something. the more i think about this stuff, the more i think its gonna be better than i imagined

#23 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:21 PM

I also have to admit that the teaser felt better than expected. But it's still got that "theme park" look of the PT, you know, too many bright colours and FX, too plastic. There's no restraint or taste at all. But the Emperor in combat makes up for a lot of that, I have to admit he looks great at least for that one second. Going mental indeed smile.gif

The OT footage being in there did bug me some. In the back of my mind I was thinking, "oh, now GL acknowledges that the OT exists!"

The OT footage blends really badly with the rest of the trailer, two different worlds, both visually and in spirit.

This post has been edited by HK 47: 05 November 2004 - 03:24 PM

#24 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:27 PM

I was talking to my brother about it and one thing me mentione was how the space battles looked intense. More like instead of clean ships one sec and being blown apart teh next, they are very damaged looking and showed intensity to it.

Could care less about teh Wookies, the duel should be awesome esp after seeing teh rehearsals for it from teh OT DVD.

I always beleived taht teh best things about teh pre-OT were what was to happen in this film: obi v. anakin, anakin becoming vader, empire takling over and purging teh jedi, twins being separated, etc. In my mind, everything in the first 2 films were fodder leading up to this last film. We'll see....

#25 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Private Zod @ Nov 5 2004, 03:27 PM)
I always beleived taht teh best things about teh pre-OT were what was to happen in this film: obi v. anakin, anakin becoming vader, empire takling over and purging teh jedi, twins being separated, etc. In my mind, everything in the first 2 films were fodder leading up to this last film. We'll see....

In one sense, you're right, Episode III would always have been the main film in the series. The only problem I have is that it shouldn't have had to come down to this one film. It should've been spread out over all the films. In Episode I, we have Anakin as a teenager, show his friendship with Obi-Wan and the start of the Clone Wars, as well as a start of the romance between him and Amidala. Episode II has most of the Clone Wars, showing Anakin's progression towards the Dark Side, the climax of his relationship with Amidala, and his friendships with Obi-Wan and Palpatine progressing in different directions. You show the beginning of the purge, the beginning of the takeover. And finally Episode III has the big climax, with the Obi/Anakin duel and the final takeover. But not everything would have to be crammed into one movie, and there would be more time for the emotional impact of the duel, more time to see the purge, and more time for character development in the entire series. And again, I blame this entirely on Episode I, because it did nothing to move the story along, forcing Episodes II and most likely III to be rushed.

I agree about the space battle, it does look much more intense, and I did like the early version of the X-Wing that you see for a second, it blended in really nicely, I actually thought I was watching the ROTJ battle for a sec.

#26 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

What you describe Ep2 should be is covered entirely in teh Dark Horse Clone Wars comic series which has been outstanding. All the battles, how the Jedi are being wiped out, Anakin's both noble and dark sids fully explored. Lucas said taht the entire CW would take place during the period of movies 2 AND 3. And it is done very well.

#27 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:16 PM

But what about the millions of people who don't read the comic books? Shouldn't they be able to see it too? So he's screwing them to get a comic book series out. I did read one or two issues of it, and you're right, it was very good, but it doesn't make up for the fact that this stuff should have been covered in the movies for the benefit of the fans who don't read the comics. The same thing with Shatterpoint by Matt Stover and Rogue Planet by Greg Bear. These two books are really fabulous books, the former developing Mace Windu's character, making him really cool - something the movies could not do - and the latter developing the Obi/Anakin relationship and Anakin's struggles with the Dark Side, as well as the progression of the Empire (it features a young Tarkin), and doing it much better than the movies. Though these are great reads, they do not make up for the fact that what they address should have been covered in the movies for the people who a) don't have the time to read them cool.gif don't like reading them or c) don't know they're out there.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size