• (2 Pages)
  • +

Episode 3 Trailor Tonight On Access Hollywood

#16 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:09 AM

I've just seen it too. It was nice to see Alec Guinness and the binary sunset again. But I am sure there won't be much of this in the film. He just wants to attract the old fans by showing them the bone and then taking it away.

Natalie Portman in cinnamon bun hairdo
No more slick hair look
Vader's voice

so he, like, tosses this bits of the old good stuff waiting for me to jump.

I'm not going to be treated like that...

#17 User is offline   Give Me The Originals Dammit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 12 November 2004 - 02:21 AM

After watching the trailer, I can honestly say my faith in Star Wars has been renewed. With Alec Guinesses's voice over in the beginning, George was just telling me that this movie will prove that my hatred for the prequels were unfounded. The time for healing has begun, I will embrace Jar Jar Binks as the best damn character ever created. I will see the movie at least 500 times and sing it's praises to the world. Yes those two shitty movies prior to this one will make it all worth the wait! HOO RAY! All of you bashing the trailer must not have seen the trailer I saw! By God this is movie is made by the man who gave us HOWARD THE DUCK! I just can't wait to see what happens to Count Dooky, uhhhh... Count PooPoo... whatever his name is. Yoda has a lightsaber!!! didn't you guys see that!??? A LIGHTSABER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! and I'll bet he'll kick more ass than he did last time! What will it take to melt your cold, cold hearts? You bastards!! This will be the greatest movie of all time!!!!!

Who the hell am I kidding, this movie will be for shit.

#18 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:01 PM

Yesterday I watched FINDING NEVERLAND (which is just marvelous, by the way). Before it they played a ROTS trailer. Now I know what you all mean: the best stuff was the binary sunset and Alec Guinness. Once they started cutting in to footage from the cartoon, I started to glaze over. Well, I watched, of course, with rapt disinterest, as Anikin zoomed along on Darth Maul's chopper. As the flame spurts of Mount Doom - er - Had Abaddon - or wherever, illuminated the boredom in my eyes, we cut to cackling old fart Sidious and Darth Vader breathing in his tin can and his 12-inch lifts. I watched cgi Yoda pose for attack, then saw cgi Wookies yell in unison. I saw space battles that looked like cut scenes from Wing Commander, and yet not as good as WING COMMANDER, the film.

Terrible trailer, hypercut and curiously short. Hmmm.

So yeah, don't think I'll see that either.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#19 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Nov 25 2004, 03:01 PM)
So yeah, don't think I'll see that either.

No need to fear. That's what I'm here for. rolleyes.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#20 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:51 PM

me too, i'm planning on seeing it once for every disillusioned star wars fan here biggrin.gif so thats...how many tickets again?! ohmy.gif

#21 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2004 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Nov 25 2004, 03:01 PM)
I saw space battles that looked like cut scenes from Wing Commander, and yet not as good as WING COMMANDER, the film.

Terrible trailer, hypercut and curiously short.  Hmmm.

Well I disagree about the space battle, Wing Commander's battles were terrible (I know, you're joking about it, but still), and this one looked very good, it had loads of depth and detail, and looked much more realistic and much cooler than the Ep 1 battle. In fact, the battle was the best part of the preview for me.

Second about its shortness, it is a TEASER trailer, meaning it's just teasing us by throwing a minute or less of footage out there for us to see. He probably wanted to show as many short snippets of different things as he could.

For that reason, before anyone passes any judgement, we should probably wait for the TRAILER trailer. I think this trailer could've been better, but I'm not going to decide the movie's horrible from this.

I'll decide the movie's horrible from the bad acting, bad effects, bad dialogue, and stupid storyline.

But not the teaser.

#22 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:29 AM

well if youve forced yourself not to like it, you obviously wont.

if youre like the rest of us though, its only natural to feel at least the smallest twinge of exictment at explosions, kissing, obi wan, a dead royal guard, weird alien thing, amazing space battle, lightsabres, sidious going mental, evil anakin, fire, the DUEL, vader, wookies looking ready to do some damage to something, and flashing bright lights and twirly things. ive seen it 10 times already.

#23 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 26 November 2004 - 04:52 AM

I gotta say despite my jaded-esque prequel hating I have a naieve sense of hope for this movie. I mean, one out of three isnt TOO much to hope for is it?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#24 User is offline   use the force Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 28 November 2004 - 11:35 AM

that trailer sent chills up my spine. OMG i cannot wait for this movie it will make all the pt bashers come back to the light.

#25 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 28 November 2004 - 01:26 PM

it will make all the pt bashers come back to the light.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

blink.gif Oh, you're serious, aren't you?

This post has been edited by Sagacity: 28 November 2004 - 01:28 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size