• (2 Pages)
  • +

Episode 3 Trailor Tonight On Access Hollywood

#1 User is offline   Private Zod Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 04 November 2004 - 02:28 PM

For those interested, my brother told me the full first trailor for Ep 3 will be on at 7:30 tonight on Access Hollywood

#2 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 November 2004 - 02:38 PM

and for those viewers in England (possibly noone?!) it'll be on GMTV tomorrow morning. not sure what time, but the programme runs from 7.30am till 9. still in two minds about watching it or not...

#3 User is offline   Sagacity Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 04 November 2004 - 02:43 PM

Got the VCR set so I can dissect the trailer mercilessly later. cool.gif

#4 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 04 November 2004 - 02:54 PM

Say, what's on at the same time as Access: Hollywood?

Once I find out, I know what I'll be watching! tongue.gif
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#5 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:25 PM

This should be interesting to watch...

#6 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2004 - 03:36 PM

Well, if you're lucky like me and have AOL, you can see it right now.

http://www.aol.com/s...o.adp?domain=oc

The link may not work but try it and see.

SPOILERS OF TRAILER

My thoughts? It starts off good, with the scene from ANH that contradicts everything in the prequels smile.gif, and Obi-Wan saying the Jedi were guardians for a thousand generations, etc. Then it shows Anakin with like evil yellow eyes or something, a shot of the lava planet, and a bunch of fast clips of the space battle, the wookie army, the Duel, Mace with his lightsaber, Yoda with his lightsaber (sigh), and interspersed between all of them is Darth Vader in full Vader garb coming up after Palpatine says, "Lord Vader. Rise".

Not a half-bad trailer, no Jar-Jar, Duel looks cool, the space battle looks cool, the wookie army looked cool from the half second I saw. Not gonna get my hopes up, but Lucas still knows how to make pretty good trailers. I'm sure in a theater it looks awesome, instead of on my crappy comp screen.

Oh and the music at the end is cut kind of weird they have the imperial march just cut off suddenly, that was my only real problem.

ps. If you have MTV, it will be on TRL at 5:00 EST, just a heads up.

This post has been edited by Vwing: 04 November 2004 - 03:37 PM

#7 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:10 AM

Um... Private Zod, you've spelled trailer incorrectly in two subject headings now. The first time, I thought it was a typo but seeing it again, I think I better let you know the correct spelling ->

Trailer, not trailor.

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 07 November 2004 - 08:16 PM

trailor is better...

bloody teachers....

next you'll be giving me greif for my tendancy to always spell controll with two 'L's...

i just like it better...

#9 User is offline   Stongbah Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 07 November 2004 - 09:41 PM

next you'll be giving me greif for my tendancy to always spell controll with two 'L's...

Heh it's funny cuz you can't spell stuff right.

#10 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:00 AM

No, I'm deadly serious. If you're only going to know ONE language, then KNOW IT WELL. And that includes spelling and grammar.

I'll happily withdraw my comments if English is not Private Zod's maiden language. Otherwise, they'll remain.

Now onto the main topic -

The new Star Wars trailer. I have just seen it.

I noticed in another thread that some people said it looked good. With all due respect, that is completely insane.

It was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen, and I am including episodes of Friends here.

George Lucas is going to give the words silly, cartoonish, childish and unconvincing a bad name.

EDIT - No, wait. He already has.

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 08 November 2004 - 05:01 AM

#11 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:03 AM

which bits didnt you like?

#12 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 08 November 2004 - 07:29 AM

Let's start with Anakin and his freakin' YELLOW SNAKE EYES.

The VERY cartoon looking Clone Army.

The stupid voice in which the Emperor commands Vader to "Rise." (sounds more like a robot than Vader ever did).

The VERY cartoon looking Vader.

The VERY cartoon looking Wookie army. It looks like Marky Mark's Planet of the Apes gone bad.

Yet another stupid Yoda kung-fu pose. I cannot stand Yoda doing that kung-fu stuff. It is completely out of character.

I love it how Lucas has also managed to make R2 look cartoonish in this one as well by making the colours far too damn bright (he always makes the colours far too damn bright these days).

The Lava battle looks pretty fake as well... and this is on my tiny laptop monitor. I'd hate to think how much crappier it will look on a big screen.

The Emperor wielding his lightsabre. He looks a lot like one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles here (except with really disgusting teeth) ... and I don't think the leader of the Empire should ever look like that.

And also I saw those damn Naboo fighters from Episode I and that brought a foul taste to my mouth as well.

I'd also just like to mention all the CGI for old time's sake... but mate, honestly, how can you find this stuff convincing? It just doesn't work and no amount of trying on my part can change it. For instance, I could watch Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back without ever thinking he was a puppet. But when I see him in the prequels, I just see that damn CGI love-child of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy - crossed with Gonzo and a rubber ball.

However, ignoring the fact that the colours are always too damn bright, the space battle looks kind of intriguing... but only kind of. The problem is that there is no-one I will care about in it because I already know that it's just going to feature all the dislikeable characters from Episodes I and II.

Oh wait, one more - how in the hell is Anakin gaining an advantage over Obi Wan in the big fight? We've seen nothing to suggest that Anakin could do this. From everything that has taken place so far in the prequels, Obi Wan should be wiping the floor with this guy.

#13 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:36 AM

i agree with you about the Yoda. however, im not sure that that was a finished shot. like with the AotC teaser, which also featured unfinished stuff, which looked great when the film came out (to me at least, and that includes the AotC Yoda). i thought everything else looked great, a lot more realistic than TPM, for example. and of course a lot of the stuff you'll see as a negative (eg characters, Naboo fighters) im going to see as a plus. guess we've got to wait another 6 months to see what its like though.

#14 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:01 AM

Yep. Time to play the waiting game.

#15 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:11 AM

Gawd, Yoda looks ripe.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size