Chefelf.com Night Life: George Lucas, Fascism, and Anti-Semitism - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

George Lucas, Fascism, and Anti-Semitism A manifesto...

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:18 AM

Nonsense! It is clear that what George Lucas is really doing is putting forth the cause of Al Qaida. I mean, look at it! The connections are obvious...

What do the rebels do in the very first movie? They destroy the Empire's symbolic centre of economic growth - just as Al Qaida did.

It's clear that Lucas was in fact advocating this form of terrorism, where thousands of people are killed. In fact, Star Wars is nothing less than a platform for Lucas to brainwash people into performing acts of terrorism.

And indeed - the Jedi Knights are another clear example of this. The Jedi Knights represent the ideal Muslim Jihad fighter, in Lucas's eyes... and what else was Obi Wan's supposed 'noble sacrifice' but the suicide of a terrorist about to be caught?

It is very clear that Lucas has been brainwashing people into commiting horrific acts of terrorism and it must stop!

Do not let your children watch Star Wars or they could become the terrorists of the future!

#17 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:29 AM

JYAMG and JM - Jay-zus, now I know what you meant in the other thread about this person. Looks like I didn't miss anything by not venturing into this formum for some time...

#18 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 03 November 2004 - 09:04 AM

Jesus Hannibal, I hate the 'Midichlorians' as much as anyone else, but don't you think you're reading slightly too much into this? There's a very obvious reason why it makes narrative sense that only some people can be Jedi: just think for a second about what would happen if anyone could learn to use the Force. Inevitably most people would choose the quicker, easier path of the Dark Side, and you'd end up with a whole lot of Sith.

Also, no one ever claims that non-Jedi are inferior to the Jedi just because they can't use the Force. Having an inherited ability doesn't make you 'superior' to anyone else - do you talk about a 'master race' of musicians or mathematicians? The whole point about the Jedi is that they're just as flawed and human as anyone else, which is why they have to be so careful of the Dark Side.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:51 AM

Actually I think Star Wars is all based off of the lives of the romantic poets. Byron is Anakin, Shelly is Obi Wan and Keats would be Palpatine. And clearly the message is that we all have to write romantic poetry. So you see Lucas is really trying to create a master race of poets to take over the world.

But I still think hte reverse vampires are involved.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#20 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:41 AM

Anybody can see that it's all about the JFK assasination.

---

Open canopied vehicles, expert marksmanship, who's the assassin?, grassy knoll, leaked autopsy photos, Getting the body out of Dodge, pronto and hiding in desparation in a darkened theatre hoping things will get better.

#21 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

The VERY INTERESTING Star Wars Page by David Brin:

An Addendum To My Critique of The Star Wars Universe

Written In Response To Several Hundred Emails...

by David Brin, Ph.D.

http://www.davidbrin...rsarticle1.html
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#22 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Nov 3 2004, 02:43 AM)
In contrast, the scheming, cablistic "Jew" at the center of the conspiracy against the Republic, Palpatine (played by a Scotsman who could perhaps pass as a Jew), ...

The emperor Palpatine finds a Jewish general, Moff Tarkin, to run his Imperial starship fleet. Tarkin does prove effective at wiping out innocent people such as the white population of Alderaan, but when militarily challenged, Tarkin proves his lack of military ability.

Anakin's two children, Luke and Leia, eventually find each other, and gang up with a mostly white, white-led Rebel force that eventually finds success against the evil Empire. Along the way they have the help of curious but friendly non-human beings, such as Chewbacca, a Wookie (or Asian), and the Ewoks (native Americans). Fortunately, there can be no interspecies mating with such groups, so friendship of white humans is possible with such "walking carpets."

At various times, the Rebels' faith in non-white humans is shown to be misplaced. Lando Calrissian betrays them when it suits his interests, and Admiral Ackbar (the lobster Rebel leader in Return of the Jedi) proves ineffectual in a great battle....

Yoda is looked up to as a leader, but at a crucial moment Yoda tells Luke not to confront Vader, and Luke goes anyway. Had Luke not gone to confront Vader, his friends would have died on the Bespin planet. Since they were white humans, Yoda apparently did not care about their fates. Fortunately, Luke cared about his friends. But then it was Yoda's fault for turning the Jedi council into a weak and corrupt multicultural entity in the first place. So much for listening to little green aliens.

First of all, just to let you know, I am Jewish, and honestly I find this more offensive than anything in Star Wars. The fact is, in order to have written this, you have to be LOOKING for the stereotypes in the first place. You have to have them so ingrained in your mind that you recognize them, even if, as in this case, they aren't there. That is more offensive than anything Lucas wrote.

But on to these points. I'd say my favorite line is "played by a Scotsman who could perhaps pass as a Jew". Just a perfect example of stretching when you don't have anything.

Tarkin's Jewish? If Tarkin was a stereotypical Jewish man, the Rebellion would have been efficiently wiped out, there would have been no room for error with an exhaust port, and he would have evacuated to save his own ass if it was discovered there was even a small possibility of losing. smile.gif

Wookies are Asian? Is there anything to back this up other than him saying it? It also seemed to me that he was treated as an equal, and he's actually the one who convinces Han to go back and save Luke. So Han is the selfish asshole, and Chewie's the righteous hero who doesn't want to give up on his friends. But of course now you'll argue that not giving Chewie a medal was paramount to our treatment of Asians, we let them work hard for us but we don't respect them. Or you won't argue that, you'll copy and paste something to argue it for you.

And Ewoks are supposed to be the Vietnamese. So good thinking, but wrong stereotype smile.gif

Meanwhile, Lando betrayed them once and then redeemed himself, firing the crucial shot and destroying hte death star, and Ackbar is the reason the fleet did as well as it did. He gave Lando enough time to destroy the Death Star, and he did his job well.

And the fact is, I think you're the only one (or the author) who actually sides with Luke in ESB. Everyone thinks he's an impatient asshole who's risking the entire galaxy because of his immaturity. The fact is, he doesn't save his friends, it's a trap and Luke's friends have to save HIM. If Luke had never come to Cloud City, Leia and the others would have escaped as they did in ESB, WITHOUT LUKE'S ASSISTANCE. Luke coming there just endangered the fate of the galaxy, and if he had waited, then he would have been able to go there stronger, overcome Vader, and his friends would still be alive. Yoda was the wise teacher, and Yoda was always right. Even in the prequels it shows that Yoda is right because he doesn't want to train Anakin. So that's just a ridiculos argument.

But like I said, the mere fact that someone could see this in a movie either shows extreme paranoia or it shows their views that they have imprinted onto the movie, which, as I said, is even more offensive.

Also, please, let's keep this one civil. I don't think anyone wants what happened in the other thread.

This post has been edited by Vwing: 03 November 2004 - 03:54 PM

#23 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:12 PM

"First of all, just to let you know, I am Jewish, and honestly I find this more offensive than anything in Star Wars. The fact is, in order to have written this, you have to be LOOKING for the stereotypes in the first place. You have to have them so ingrained in your mind that you recognize them, even if, as in this case, they aren't there. That is more offensive than anything Lucas wrote."

Once again, what is offensive is that you never bother actually to read what you are posting about. The quote is from a NAZI website, showing what neo-nazis see Star Wars as.

"But like I said, the mere fact that someone could see this in a movie either shows extreme paranoia or it shows their views that they have imprinted onto the movie, which, as I said, is even more offensive."

Read the next few posts, its too bad you are that ignorant. I have already posted a Jewish Perspective so people can see that Jews have recognized some of these racist stereotypes.(you are selective as usual in your reading and replying). You want to defend fascism, racism and nazism because you think its wrong to point out the faults of others and their works? You are ignorant.

"Also, please, let's keep this one civil. I don't think anyone wants what happened in the other thread. "

Its funny that YOU are suggesting to keep this one civil. I don't believe I ever insulted or used profanity against anywhere here, and its funny that YOU want to make sure that it stays civil...

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 03 November 2004 - 04:17 PM

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#24 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:15 PM

You and people like you would like to make it seem as if I am some lone crackpot who has derived and suggested that there are racial stereotypes in Star Wars, and in your expert opinion, that must make me a racist.

My answer: hardly.

http://www.chattablo...ves/015091.html

"July 27, 2004
One more thing about George Lucas
Every time I watch Episodes One and Two, I realize even more just how racially stereotyped the characters are. The trade federation guys are some of the worst stereotypes of Asians since the early days of cinema (and how did he come up with such racist stereotypes when Akira Kurosawa is practically his idol?), and Jar Jar, well he seems to have been taken right out of a minstrel show. He's the stereotypical minstrel show character of the "good negro" who has the IQ of a brick and is slavishly subservient to his "massah." How in the heck Lucas got away with such blatantly racist characters is beyond me. Where's the outrage? If I wanted to see such racist portrayals of minorities, I'd go rent Disney's Song of the South or find a copy of Birth of a Nation.

Yet another example of Lucas ruining my childhood memories. Do I sound angry? I am. Return of the Jedi was the first movie I ever saw in a movie theater, at the ripe old age of three, and I can still remember how excited I was on the way to see it, and collectively, the Star Wars trilogy were the defining films of my childhood, but now all those memories have been polluted by the trash that is the prequels. A pox on all your houses, George Lucas.

Posted by kathryn at July 27, 2004 12:52 AM | TrackBack "

There have been hundreds of posts like this all over the internet since 1999, and it isn't just poor Hannibal who sees things that aren't there.
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#25 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

Anyone who thinks that this thread is "Antisemitic" is foolish. The point of this thread is to point out several possibilities that George Lucas in his vast stupidity and unconscious whims is making Star Wars a crypto-fascist fantasy. You can agree, you can disagree, but as soon as you start making accusations about me, you lose any argument you even start.

Not to mention, it should be plainly obvious, that much of the content of my posts have a bit of light-heartedness about them that shows you EXACTLY where I am coming from. If you haven't seen that, you have problems.

This post has been edited by Hannibal: 03 November 2004 - 04:23 PM

~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#26 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:23 PM

Hannibal (if that is your real name - oh, wait never mind) it seemed like it was your opinion because you copied and pasted it as your own opinion. You never seem to actually give your opinion, you just copy and paste stuff for us to read. I read that, I assumed that you were saying that Star Wars was a Nazi movie (which is what you have been saying) and that the Neo-Nazis see it that way because they're right about Star Wars, it is racist, it does represent Hitler. I know you don't believe that those things are RIGHT, but with regards to Star Wars, it certainly seemed like it was your opinion that Star Wars followed those Nazi ideals. After all, that's what these posts about Himmler and what this post has been about. So though you disagree with the principles of Star Wars and the Neo-Nazis, you can still agree with the Nazis that Star Wars holds true to their ideals. And obviously I wasn't the only one who thought that, Jariten did as well.

And the fact is Hannibal, I don't know exactly what you see, because you never write your own posts. You copy things from other sources. Despite what I've said, I realize that you've never ranted about these subjects. You've just let other people rant for you, by copying their writings here. I'd like to see your own personal opinion on the matter, your own writings on it, something you really haven't shown us yet. Then I can truly get an idea where you stand.

#27 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:27 PM

"And the fact is Hannibal, I don't know exactly what you see, because you never write your own posts. "

An outrageous and exagerrated statement, but coming from you, I expect no less. You are in this case: absolutely incorrect( and you know it ).

"You copy things from other sources. "

Rightie-o man, rightie-o. The content is for those interested in reading, and those who do will follow the thread (or not) and learn what the facts are. Facts that I didn't invent out of the top of my head.

"Despite what I've said, I realize that you've never ranted about these subjects. You've just let other people rant for you, by copying their writings here. I'd like to see your own personal opinion on the matter, your own writings on it, something you really haven't shown us yet. Then I can truly get an idea where you stand."

Once again, try reading my posts instead of reacting to them. You are exaggerating to the point of lying here, pal.
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#28 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:30 PM

Also, the fact is being civil applied to both of us. That's why in my second post just now after you clearly insulted me I didn't do the same to you. "You are ignorant" "You and people like you..." those are insults. They don't use profanity, but they are insults all the same. That's what I was talking about.

And I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like I could make a post saying "I like dogs!" and you would go on about how I was moronic and that people like me who like dogs can't accept the real truth that dogs are the work of the devil (after all, that's why they are spelled D-O-G, the opposite of G-O-D, just as the devil is the opposite of God). I feel like it's that Monty Python skit.

"You stinking, malodorous pervert!"
"I came in here for an argument!"
"Oh, I'm sorry, this is abuse."

#29 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:31 PM

Oh by the way, I love this line:

"Hannibal (if that is your real name - oh, wait never mind)"

I don't know Vwing...if that is your real name...

but using lines like this to cast dispersions is utterly senseless and ignorant. Its obviously an ID like "Vwing" or "Darth Nader" or "Despondant..."

Good God man, wake up.
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

#30 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2004 - 04:32 PM

Hannibal, how am I lying? I just read over your posts in this thread againt to check, and I found at the most 2 or 3 paragraphs written by you, which were also for the sole purpose of introducing the article you pasted. I'm not saying it's not interesting reading, I'm saying I would like to see you write something like that about your own opinion, instead of letting someone else speak for you.

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked