Chefelf.com Night Life: Knights of the Old Republic parody - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Knights of the Old Republic parody An ongoing project.

#16 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 November 2004 - 09:08 AM

OK, I added two more chapters. The reason for the delay is that ff.net has been in read-only mode for a while.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#17 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:14 AM

Great to see your still at it.

As a point of interest, I decided to drag Sasha around with me until after Dantooine was destroyed to see what would happen. Turns out she nicks off on whatever planet you find the second last star map on.

And shooting the incoming fighters isn't that hard, surely.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#18 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 November 2004 - 10:20 AM

Maybe not if you have any experience with combat flight simulators and the like, but I don't. And I hated the controls. I got the hang of it eventually, but it still irritated the hell out of me every time I had to do it.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 29 November 2004 - 11:11 AM

I find it annoying, especially when I'm cruising between planets fixing up loose ends. You do realise that you can use the wasd keys to scroll fast, and the mouse to scroll slow, though? It took me awhile to figure that out, but once I did I didn't have any problems anymore.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:31 AM

I'm still waiting with baited breath to see how you handle the end.

#21 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:06 AM

I put up another chapter today. I'm planning one more full-sized entry and a shorter chapter for the ending (incuding an epilogue).

#22 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:47 PM

Finally uploaded the very last chapter tonight. Enjoy!

#23 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:22 AM

Just read it. Great work, I loved it all, and the endings for the characters were the icing on the cake. I love it when all the loose ends are wrapped up.

#24 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2004 - 05:05 AM

Pure gold Helena!

I have just managed to catch up on the last couple of chapters. I am sorry to hear that you're not going to make an attempt at the dark side parody, but your point for not doing so is extremely valid. Plus, the game itself already come across hilariously when playing the dark side, so this I think would likely only make the task even more difficult.

Once again, massive kudos to you for completing this and keeping us so entertained in the doing. You're brilliant!
Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter.
Yoda

#25 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:56 AM

Hey Helena,

I've just finished reading the other stories you've posted on FF. These are great. I especially liked "A Losing Battle". You have handled the descent into the dark side extremely well. Shame Lucas hadn't had the chance to read this before he made the prequels.

Please keep us updated with any new additions you make as I've really enjoyed these and would love to see more of your work in the future.

This post has been edited by Supes: 27 December 2004 - 07:00 AM

Yoda

#26 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2004 - 08:48 AM

I'm glad you liked them, Supes. I didn't post the others because I didn't think they would appeal much to you guys, but maybe I should try posting 'A Losing Battle' here, to give an alternative example of how such a plotline be handled.

#27 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2004 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Helena @ Dec 27 2004, 08:48 AM)
I'm glad you liked them, Supes. I didn't post the others because I didn't think they would appeal much to you guys, but maybe I should try posting 'A Losing Battle' here, to give an alternative example of how such a plotline be handled.

I think a lot of people would appreciate it. I also found them a very interesting read when considering the Anakin/Vader discussion on one of the other threads and can see a lot of what you are talking about in that thread in the way you handled the relationship between Revan and Bastilla as well as Revan's fall to the dark side. Would I be safe to say that this was also partly your attempt at writing the Anakin fall and the part that Padme played in this to some extent being Bastilla?

I'm not sure if you just do this as a hobby or if you are seriously thinking of writing for a wider audiance, but if you are then I would encourage it. I really have enjoyed reading your work and would like to see more of it. I'd also like to see how you handled a longer story.
Yoda

#28 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 December 2004 - 07:54 AM

I'd like to say that the relationship between Revan and Bastila was a cunning attempt to mirror that between Anakin and Padme, but the truth is that I never even thought about it. There's nothing in the game to suggest that Bastila had ever met Revan before their confrontation on his ship; I just thought that the idea of them having a 'history' would be interesting. It would also help explain Bastila's behaviour towards the PC during the game.

As for writing for a wider audience, I don't think I'd be up to it, either in terms of skill or stamina. Writing short stories for a website like ff.net is one thing, but writing something like a novel requires huge amounts of time, patience and - most importantly - real talent. And I've read widely enough to realise that I'm not a particularly talented writer, even by fan fiction standards.

#29 User is offline   Supes Icon

• Sunshine Superman
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (Helena @ Dec 28 2004, 07:54 AM)
I'd like to say that the relationship between Revan and Bastila was a cunning attempt to mirror that between Anakin and Padme, but the truth is that I never even thought about it. There's nothing in the game to suggest that Bastila had ever met Revan before their confrontation on his ship; I just thought that the idea of them having a 'history' would be interesting. It would also help explain Bastila's behaviour towards the PC during the game.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you get any further interesting ideas please be sure to let us know, because they appear to work very well on a number of levels.

As for writing for a wider audience, I don't think I'd be up to it, either in terms of skill or stamina. Writing short stories for a website like ff.net is one thing, but writing something like a novel requires huge amounts of time, patience and - most importantly - real talent. And I've read widely enough to realise that I'm not a particularly talented writer, even by fan fiction standards.

Okay, I suppose I can let you go with that. Still, if this is where you are at on natural talent, then I don't think it would to much of a waste should you actually look to develop the skill. You certainly have the imagination for the genre.
Yoda

#30 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:07 PM

Ta. Too bad nobody else here seems interesting in reading the stories I posted... *cries*

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size