Chefelf.com Night Life: "Duel of the Fates" Music Video - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

"Duel of the Fates" Music Video Initial feelings in 1999 and in 2004.

#16 User is offline   Grand Moff Lebowski Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:59 PM

I remember hearing about a Star Wars video back then and was very aprehensive about the idea. When I saw it was an odd mix of behind the scenes footage and movie footage I lost interest. If you're going to make a music video, with Star Wars no less, do it right. Keep us in the element. I don't want to be reminded it's a movie every 20 seconds.

A video for American Graffiti? Definitely. A video for Star Wars? Maybe. Why not one for the Godfather too? Or Dog Day Afternoon? Oh wait a sec...there was no music in that movie. Hmmm. Think a studio would allow that today?

#17 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

What kind of music video uses behind the scene footage to comprise most of the running time?
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

#18 User is offline   Giff Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:41 PM

I remember getting the Episode I game for Playstation, putting it in, loading it up, and then on the main menu there was an option for "Duel of the Fates"

I was in 6th grade at the time and was like "what?"

I think the video itself is fairly good. The battle music kinds sticks with you for a while once you are done watching it.

#19 User is offline   KurganX Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2006 - 12:00 AM

Honestly, I avoided the video back in the day. By the time I saw the movie and then watched the video, I thought it was the most boring thing ever. I feel the same way about the other music videos for the prequels. I did love the Episode I soundtrack CD though (even if it was far from complete, and I never got suckered into buying any more of the later versions).

I loved listening to that thing, I even fired it up a few times while playing Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight online (great for dramatic saber dueling!).
wink.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size