• (2 Pages)
  • +

Star Wars Ticket Prices What gives?

#16 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 09:48 AM

Guys, when I was really, really small (about 10 years old), I knew a cinema that had tickets for only 9 dirhams over here. The exchange rate between dirhams and dollars is 3.67 dirhams for a dollar. Do the math.

That cinema closed down a long time ago, though, but I remember watching Jurassic park as the first ever movie I watched on a big screen.

#17 User is offline   Hannibal Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Former Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 02:05 PM

Yes I ranted on a little long there into outer space generalizing and speaking out to a general audience rather than those who posted in this thread, I shall keep my political speeches down to earth in the future.
"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities also has the power to make you commit atrocities."
~ Voltaire (1694-1778)

Enjoy this Tribute to Nazism...(Mp3)

#18 User is offline   The Scornful Roman Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Oct 30 2004, 02:05 PM)
Yes I ranted on a little long there into outer space generalizing and speaking out to a general audience rather than those who posted in this thread, I shall keep my political speeches down to earth in the future.

Well, that's okay. I hope that I didn't sound like I was jumping on you... politics and whatnot are all good with me. laugh.gif We all have our own private bitternesses with Lucas and his silly prequels anyway. dry.gif

#19 User is offline   Stray nerf Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

Lets not forget what it takes to make a movie nowadays.

Barring a few geniuses out there with a fresh outlook that can make a movie for 1 million and see a profit no matter what it does: "CLERKS"-Kevin Smith (how did he do it? CONTENT.)
It was even in black and white for God's sake.

Barring that, it takes 100 times the money it used to, to make a film people will go and see. We are all spoiled
by effects and Eye Candy. Star Wars opened a new world and set the bar way high. You will either have outstanding content, or an astounding budget if you want to make a memorable film today.
Sadly, the budget is easier to pull off than the talent that can bring you the good "content".

So we have to get charged an arm and a leg to see a movie so they can have those crazy budgets to appease us effects-junkies.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size