• (3 Pages)
  • +

Predict the plot and win a prize!

#16 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:11 AM

"I'm sad to say that I have to dissapoint you. But Jar Jar Binks IS in Episode III, since they say so at the IMDB."

Good God. What the hell's he going to do? Leaving aside fond speculations of Anakin's slicing him in two or something, of course. OK, I change my prediction. Jar Jar will have only one speaking scene of importance, in which his old friend Amidala tearfully confesses her fears about Anakin and he responds with some completely inane words of consolation.

#17 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:29 AM

QUOTE (ernesttomlinson @ Oct 25 2004, 09:11 AM)
"I'm sad to say that I have to dissapoint you. But Jar Jar Binks IS in Episode III, since they say so at the IMDB."

Good God.  What the hell's he going to do?  Leaving aside fond speculations of Anakin's slicing him in two or something, of course.  OK, I change my prediction.  Jar Jar will have only one speaking scene of importance, in which his old friend Amidala tearfully confesses her fears about Anakin and he responds with some completely inane words of consolation.

At least he's way down on the list....Seeing Anakin kill Jar Jar might be the only way any of us have any fondness for either character. Unfortunately if he dies (I think Lucas will deny us one of the only few pleasures Episode 3 could have) it will be in a stupid way. He'll witness Anakin's transformation (For reasons unkown to everyone but Lucas he'll be there) "Oh mi Gawd, Ani turn into Vader, counta messa out this" and in his attempted escape runs and trips into a super duper charged Neimoidian laser cutter and kill himself instantly

I also predict during the fight on lava, either Anakin or more likely Obi Wan will bellow "Surf's up"

Now that I think about it, maybw Lucas will bring in the two headed Pod Race announcer to call that fight "I was thinking the fans of Star Wars finally deserved to hear play by play action in a lightsaber fight. It hasn't been done yet, and by the end of the movie you're so tired of all the darkness it might be good to get a few laughs in while Obi Wan fights Anakin"

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 25 October 2004 - 09:38 AM

#18 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:37 AM

I also predict during the fight on lava, either Anakin or more likely Obi Wan will bellow "Surf's up"

Oh no, I hadn't thought of that... and no, I wouldn't put it past Lucas either.

#19 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:56 AM

I wouldn't either. I just can't see him going for through with the "darker tone" he supposidly has for Episode three (certainly won't be nearly as dark as ESB). And what could possible be poignant scenes like Obi Wan and Anakins fight will be ruined by cheesy lines and bad over (or under) acting. Lava surfing already sounds like a silly concept

This post has been edited by Michel Orla: 25 October 2004 - 09:58 AM

#20 User is offline   WhoCares Icon

• New Cop

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:52 AM

1. They will never say why the dead Jedis don’t disappear.
2. A 30 minute scene of Jar Jar dying after rescuing Padme trying to make him a nice and likable character.
3. It will be reveal that Qui Gon isn’t dead and in fact he is Darth Sidius
4. Mace Windu will survive and will show up in EPIX

#21 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 25 October 2004 - 10:57 AM

As I've stated in the past: It doesn't matter if Lucas makes Citizen Friggin'
Kane
*, Episode III will have far too many problems lent by the former movies to be in any position to make up for them.

* I've never seen Citizen Kane and can only assume by Papa Redcloud's Essay that is actually terrifically overrated. But, you know, it is the yardstick by which good movies are rated, even if it is unjustly.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#22 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:13 PM

You know now that it's been mentioned I really can't imagine how Jar Jar could die. The main reason is this: It will just be horribly wrong no matter what. I think they're going to have to let him live. I mean can anyone actually imagine Jar Jar Binx giving a dying monologue? It would be laughable. I think if he gets killed it will be without any last words but I wouldn't put it past Lucas to be stupid enough to actually give Jar Jar one of those tear jerking death speeches that will invaritably cause battles between prequel lovers and haters in theaters that will be reminiscent of the Jedi holocaust.

The prequel haters will laugh or smirk while the prequel lovers cry out in rage and surround them, the few prequel haters in the theater will fight to the last to defend themselves from the onslaught and only a few will escape to carry on the knowledge that has been destroyed by the rise of Lucas' empire.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#23 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (Michel Orla @ Oct 25 2004, 09:29 AM)

In all fairness, the lava surfing thing doesn't necessarily have to be real "surfing". And if done well could be really cool. Like the speeder bike chase only on lava with volcanoes erupting all around them as their sabers clash. If done that way it would be a good action scene. If done as actual surfing, then it would suck.

But my main prediction for Episode III is that anyone watching the series in "order" (god forbid) will have no idea what has happened when they watch Ep IV right after Episode III. It will make no sense whatsoever. Think about the opening scroll.

"The Rebellion has just one its first victory agains the evil empire."

What? What rebellion? I mean there were a couple people who didn't like palpatine, but there was no rebellion? And the empire? I thought it was just the old republic but it got taken over by the evil guy. I guess they renamed it or something, or maybe it's a different organization.

DEATH STAR

Oh is that that little red hologram thing that was in Episode II? That took them 18 years to build? That's pretty damn slow.

And where are the Geonosians? They built the DS after all. And what about the Gungans? And Naboo? And Yoda? And the rest of the Jedi, since not all of them were killed in Episode III? Is this even the same goddamn series?

So basically, I predict total confusion, and no loose ends tied up.

#24 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:44 PM

VWing- There isn't time to explain how the rebellion came about, or why the Sith hate the Jedi and the Republic. There's no time to explain why Anakin turned evil either. These movies are just to show off how Lucas can now get off to computer animated aliens. What the hell did you think they were doing, making prequels to Star Wars or something?

Clearly the rebellion started about twenty years later when Palpatine (for some reason) lost the power to cloud Leiah and the other leaders vision and they suddenly realized that he was evil.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#25 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:54 AM

QUOTE (Vwing @ Oct 25 2004, 11:17 PM)
In all fairness, the lava surfing thing doesn't necessarily have to be real "surfing".  And if done well could be really cool.  Like the speeder bike chase only on lava with volcanoes erupting all around them as their sabers clash.  If done that way it would be a good action scene.  If done as actual surfing, then it would suck.

But it's not supposed to be just a 'cool action sequence'. The Obi-Wan/Anakin duel is the most important scene in the entire Prequel Trilogy - yes, George, even more than the interminable Pod Racing scenes and fancy space battles. It's the moment that finally, irretrievably destroys Anakin Skywalker, and the beginning of the end for the Republic. It ought to be a dark, serious scene with an enormous emotional impact - yet now we find out that it's going to take place on surfboards? For God's sake, Lucas!
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#26 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 26 October 2004 - 07:57 AM

Agreed 100%. No good can come out of lava surfing... BAD! BAD! BAD!

#27 User is offline   ernesttomlinson Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:57 AM

Waitaminute waitaminute. Are you guys all saying that this "lava surfing" thing is for real? I figured it was just some running joke that I'm not in on. Where did you learn this (if it's for real)?

But I must call to mind the "shield surfing" scene from Jackson's The Two Towers. But that lasted, what, ten seconds?

#28 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:07 PM

What's with all this talk of 'lava surfing'? Where did they say that they'll be doing it?

#29 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:45 AM

It was in this thread. The Sun article has expired now, unfortunately.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#30 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:47 AM

I am the death and the ressurection. I use my powers to recall this topic to life.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size