Chefelf.com Night Life: Episode IX - THE LAST RESISTANCE - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Episode IX - THE LAST RESISTANCE

#1 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:23 AM

EVERY SAGA HAS A BEGINNING...

ONE PARTICULAR SAGA HAD A DIRECTOR WHO WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO SCREW IT UP...

AND FOR THIS DIRECTOR, THERE WAS A CONSEQUENCE...

Featuring a new character "Subliminal Message" - a good mate of mine in real life.

#2 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:24 AM

#3 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:21 AM

Now, seriously, Movie Goer, I would have never given these plans to Rick Mc Callum. How could you to this to me! yell.gif
*sighs* well, having said this I exonerate you because I know it was not done out of malice, but due to ARTISTIC REASONS – probably you wanted a new angle.
Or perhaps you just could not stand me being tortured. (I admit I do not believe anyone could withstand torture. This is just bullshit from books and films. I had once a minor operation done which involved laser. I foolishly did not ask for anaesthetics, because it was really minor. But after fifteen seconds I would have told them all just to stop the pain of being burned alive).

You should warn Jariten not to watch your outing this time. There are spoilers of Episode III! I will bet Maltese dollars against wons that ROTS will be very, very much like your version, which is kind of sad. And we should all be aware of the risk we run watching it, because it is potentially lethal, and there might not be any Movie Goer around to rescue us. And of course I bet on Jariten liking the flick.

I loved the scene when they all start dying – so poignant and convulsively hilarious.

Tell me, where did the Subliminal Message’s image come from? This is Viggo Mortensen all right, but it is not LOTR, right?

You are also well established for signatures as a director. What feet are to James Cameron, girls in bikinis are to JYAMG. I am glad you kept you promise of not having me in a bikini.

And you are to be complimented on giving more screen time to girls. Actually, there was as suspense for me – which guy was going to rescue me. And surprise surprise – it was Zhang. Good work.

AAaaand, haven’t you this time recycled some images from another outing and hoped that we would not notice? Well, these tricks don’t work with us bunch of nitpickers smile.gif .

I'll have to read it once more for more comments.

#4 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2004 - 04:36 AM

Best lines:

JM: "an old fool named George Lucas, who was a great director before he became totally demented and insane..." etc
"You must feel the midichlorians in your blood Chewbacca" "The name of this heroic wookie" and everyones reaction to those lines... So many good moments.

This is by far my favourite JYAMG outing yet!!! I'll be smiling sheepishly at work all day... THANK YOU!! biggrin.gif

#5 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 October 2004 - 05:24 AM

Wow - two reviews already! smile.gif I'm glad you both liked it. I really had a lot of fun this time round.

Just to respond to a few matters -

Movie Goer, I would have never given these plans to Rick Mc Callum. How could you to this to me!

I just didn't want that nasty man doing anything bad to you, Madam. Besides with several members of the forum subjected to Episode III, I thought there was already enough suffering in the film as it was.

Tell me, where did the Subliminal Message’s image come from? This is Viggo Mortensen all right, but it is not LOTR, right?

I'm not sure exactly, but I think the name of the film was The Prophecy. My mate Subliminal Message tells me that he will sign up soon... so maybe you can doublecheck with him. He came up with that particular scene and supplied the dialogue and those images of our mate Viggo. In return, I hooked his character up with a lovely young lady so I think that's a fair trade.

AAaaand, haven’t you this time recycled some images from another outing and hoped that we would not notice?

Heh... I'm always recycling old images. cool.gif

Again, thanks for the comments, Madam Corvax and HK-47. It's always nice to come back to the thread and see what you all thought about it. I'm really glad you enjoyed it. smile.gif

#6 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Oct 19 2004, 05:24 AM)
I just didn't want that nasty man doing anything bad to you, Madam. Besides with several members of the forum subjected to Episode III, I thought there was already enough suffering in the film as it was.

Yes, I expected as much. Thank you. There is indeed enough violence here. Please be assured that I felt for YOU, after seeing your fate in the cruel Barend's rendition of LOTR, but since I am not introduced to that story, I could not do anything to prevent it. wink.gif

#7 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:40 AM

That is an excellent part of the series. By far the most T & A. Is there a correlation?
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#8 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:56 AM

Yes, I expected as much. Thank you. There is indeed enough violence here. Please be assured that I felt for YOU, after seeing your fate in the cruel Barend's rendition of LOTR, but since I am not introduced to that story, I could not do anything to prevent it. 

You're welcome. Ah, yeah... those arrows hurt... but I'm doing okay now. I read your nice concerned comments over there - thanks. smile.gif

That is an excellent part of the series. By far the most T & A. Is there a correlation?

Thanks, Chefelf. smile.gif Um... I'm almost embarrassed to ask... but what is "T & A"?

#9 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

Wellsy, well, Movie Goer. Best Episode Ever.

I liked the spoilers. there was so much going on I should've been taking notes. but it was terrific.

As for recycling, I grew up on Lost in Space and Battlestar Galactica. And with Boba popping up everywhere it's quite in vogue, actually.

thanks for the inclusion. But I loved it even before that.

#10 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:21 AM

You're most welcome. smile.gif

#11 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Oct 19 2004, 09:56 AM)
Thanks, Chefelf. smile.gif Um... I'm almost embarrassed to ask... but what is "T & A"?

Tits and Ass. Sorry... T & A is something grandmothers can get away with saying. "Tits and Ass" for some reason comes across a little harsher.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#12 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 October 2004 - 10:57 AM

Ah. Then there is definitely a correlation. cool.gif More tits and ass = a better movie.*

*as long as I'm directing it. smile.gif

Perhaps Lucas could take a lesson from this because sex is probably the only thing he could do at this point that could make Episode III even vaguely appealing.

#13 User is offline   Subliminal Message Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:09 AM

Yes, Madam Corvx, that is Viggo Mortensen. It is from one of his lesser known rolls before his Lord of the Rings fame. The movie is called The Prophecy, and it also has Christopher Walken as the main villan. Vigo has all of 15 minutes in the movie, but it is one of the best portrayals of Lucifer ever put to film. Much of the speach to Movie Goer is taken from one of his speaches in said movie as well.

And to you, Movie Goer. This is one of the best stories you have writen so far, and not because I have a cameo part in it. The story, the pictures and everything else had me laughing out loud so many times, my neighbors are probably ready to come over and tell me to shut up. The best lines HK 47 mentioned get a second nomination from me. I would also include: "I shall cast a spell on you, my old padawan, so you will never be able to speak properly again!" " Yea, right. Pull the other - argargargargargarg (damn you!)" and "I see your surfboard is as big as mine. But can you surf on lava?" Love the Spaceballs refrence.

As for the rest of you, I have lurked here a while, read many of my mate Movie Goers posts and been amused many long days at work while being bored out of my skull. First time post here. Be gentle.

#14 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:13 AM

He appears! Everyone, this is my mate Subliminal Message (yes, of course that's his real name... just as mine is Movie Goer). Welcome to the forum.

And I'm glad you enjoyed the latest flick. smile.gif

#15 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:58 PM

Welcome, Subliminal Message. Any friend of JYAMG is a friend of mine.

Glad to see you join the discussion. smile.gif

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size