• Last »

Why legalize assault weapons?

#196 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

Of course JM, if you put the AR in the panic room, it might be harder to get at. Plus you could release non-lethal nerve gas into the rest of the house while you sat inside there watching your invasioners pass out on video. Of course, if they came at you in armoured atmosphere suits with drop packs, you'd be hooped. Those things have the laser cutters, you know.

Panic room? Why how quaint of you. I keep mine in the Keep. To reach that the invading Saxon army must breach my moat, drawbridge, a portcullis and a set of double doors, then get in through the inner courtain which is also held by archers and a set of double doors.

Also, good idea about the Tarrasque. I wonder if one would fit in my moat.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#197 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:30 PM

Panic room? Pish Posh! If the crack head hordes want to get to me they'll have to pass over my moat under a hail of arrows and then breach the draw bridge and a portcullis. If they can manage that they'll have to enter the inner curtain through a pair of double doors guarded by archers and pike men. Only after vanquishing my knights will they enter my keep where I have my ye olde assault weapon.

Completely unrestricted is the Tarrasque!

Quotage. Also, yeah. Who's going to go try to pass Tarraque restriction laws? That's just begging for an eating.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#198 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:03 PM

Umm... JM: You posted the same thing twice, in slightly different formats.

And everyone needs a Tarrasque (already admitted to still be legal in the US) to protect his/her home from rabid jackalopes, zombies, the occasional baensidhe (sp?), and attacks by mafia gryphon riders.
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#199 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

It said the first post was lost so I reposted... it all looked fine until now. Fawk.

#200 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 12 2008, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quotage. Also, yeah. Who's going to go try to pass Tarraque restriction laws? That's just begging for an eating.

Probably this guy:

http://www.cs.cmu.ed...d/tarrasque.txt
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#201 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jun 13 2008, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're largely restricted. They were banned for a while, and now the legislation is state-by-state and in flux.

Perfect! You can easily substitute an assault rifle for a carbine version of the M14 rifle or a M1 carbine.

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jun 13 2008, 02:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Completely unrestricted is the Tarrasque!

I am sure they are but who would want to feed such a thing?
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#202 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Jun 13 2008, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perfect! You can easily substitute an assault rifle for a carbine version of the M14 rifle or a M1 carbine.

You got the "largely restricted" part, yeah? That would be illegal in most states. It's not ok in Canada. Anway, I think we're done here. We disagree about the necessity of heavy weaponry in home defence (you can try your argument on Roman Polanski with probably better success). And when you mentione personal freedom as the issue, you disregard freedom to own and/or use much more heinous articles, like ICBMs and Tarrasques. A slippery slope argument, I know, but in this one rare case it's actually on topic (unlike gay marriage leading to necrophilia, which is remarkable when heard spoken with an adult voice).

This post has been edited by civilian_number_two: 14 June 2008 - 03:53 AM

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#203 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:02 PM

There is another way, Civ. Why dont you spend a few hundred dollars surrounding yourself with heavy artillery and automatic weapons, and then tell us if you feel a lot safer once your house has been turned into the setting for a rambo movie.

#204 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jun 14 2008, 05:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You got the "largely restricted" part, yeah? That would be illegal in most states.

Too bad for those who live in states that restrict them then.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#205 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:24 AM

Too bad for those who live in states that restrict them then.

Yes, the states that restrict assault rifles look even worse than the rest of America. We do not venture there except at the utmost peril. The last party we sent into DC........... never came back.

#206 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 14 2008, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the states that restrict assault rifles look even worse than the rest of America. We do not venture there except at the utmost peril. The last party we sent into DC........... never came back.

Semi automatic rifles*
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#207 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

Semi Auto's are legal I'm pretty sure.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 14 June 2008 - 04:34 PM

Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#208 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:15 AM

Semi autos, autos, automobiles, it doesn't matter! my friends are all dead! they were taken by the crack head minority zombies with assault rifles! why god why!

#209 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 15 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Semi autos, autos, automobiles, it doesn't matter! my friends are all dead! they were taken by the crack head minority zombies with assault rifles! why god why!

If crack heads killed your friends then they shouldn't have wondered into a crack den. I am assuming that's where they were killed since crack heads aren't known for wondering far from their habitat.
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#210 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

I wonder do they wander while they wonder?

Cause if they do, they might end up in your place stealing shit. Like most random break-ins, they'd be crackheads looking for stuff to sell for crack money. They probably wouldn't have ARsof course. If they ever got their hands on one they'd sell it for crack.

Another common random break-in type is the teenager. Also not with the AR.

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size