Why legalize assault weapons?

#136 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

I believe I quote one David Chapelle when I say:

Man, what part of Australia you from, South Central?

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#137 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 3 2008, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe I quote one David Chapelle when I say:

Man, what part of Australia you from, South Central?

Far east suburbia but I'm originally from the inner city. What about you? It says you are from Iraq, I can only assume that is accurate.

This post has been edited by Deucaon: 04 June 2008 - 05:04 AM

"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#138 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:39 PM

Ah the suburban gun owner, it figures. That picket fence surely isnt enough to keep out the nefarious paper boys and those skateboarders.

Also, I'm not keyed up on this, but I don't think even inner city Australia can concievably be that bad.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#139 User is offline   Dorothy Icon

• We supply it, we demand you eat it.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:22 PM

"Why legalize Assault Weapons?"

Because what else am I supposed to do with all these bullets?
"The problem is, you're not a kangaroo... that's a bear... and he's in your pants."
"Maybe artists shouldn't talk about their art."
"Well kids, I guess your father isn't a hermaphrodite."
"Izzy! enough with the rabid smootching!!"

#140 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 5 2008, 03:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah the suburban gun owner, it figures. That picket fence surely isnt enough to keep out the nefarious paper boys and those skateboarders.

Also, I'm not keyed up on this, but I don't think even inner city Australia can concievably be that bad.

Why would I have a gun... in AUSTRALIA? Its your country that's all fucked up and needs everyone to be armed... no offence.
"I felt insulted until I realized that the people trying to mock me were the same intellectual titans who claimed that people would be thrown out of skyscrapers and feudalism would be re-institutionalized if service cartels don't keep getting political favors and regulations are cut down to only a few thousand pages worth, that being able to take a walk in the park is worth driving your nation's economy into the ground, that sexual orientation is a choice that can be changed at a whim, that problems caused by having institutions can be solved by introducing more institutions or strengthening the existing ones that are causing the problems, and many more profound pearls of wisdom. I no longer feel insulted because I now feel grateful for being alive and witnessing such deep conclusions from my fellows."
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#141 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:25 PM

Why would I have a gun... in AUSTRALIA?

Believe what you want. NOBODIES GONNA TAKE AWAY MI BABI!

*strokes AK-47*

Even if they take away mi babi I will still have the SVT-40 to hold and cherish... maybe I could even modify it to take AK clips... yes... I can see it now... the future will be an interesting period of time.

I dont know, but you sure make it sound like you have two guns....... in AUSTRALIA!

Its your country that's all fucked up and needs everyone to be armed... no offence.

I... see. First of all, yes, Michael Jackson is pop king of sick fucking country. But that doesn't mean that everyone having a kalashnikov will magically fix everything.

#142 User is offline   Dr Lecter Icon

• Almighty God Of All Morals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

Psh, none of you communists is taking my A-bomb away! I have the right to defend myself!

This post has been edited by Dr Lecter: 05 June 2008 - 06:33 PM

#143 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Deucaon @ Jun 5 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why would I have a gun... in AUSTRALIA? Its your country that's all fucked up and needs everyone to be armed... no offence.

I see. So you are adamantly arguing for a fantasy solution to a fantasy problem. That is, the need for automatic weapons to stem the tide of assault-weapon-having-home invaders. And you make these informed and urgent claims from half a world away. Yeah, I'd go to Europe, but there's all those terrorists, so maybe I better not.

"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#144 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 06 June 2008 - 03:13 AM

US does something that no other country does quite as well, it airs it's dirty laundry. As a result every one outside the US is convinced the country is run by over weight, under-educated, gun crazy killers. I've been there enough to know that ain't really true. I used to think when i was younger that every time i crossed the boarder, my chances of getting shot sky rocketed, after a few trips I stopped doing that.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#145 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 6 2008, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know, but you sure make it sound like you have two guns....... in AUSTRALIA!

It was a joke I made... IN AUSTRALIA!

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 6 2008, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I... see. First of all, yes, Michael Jackson is pop king of sick fucking country. But that doesn't mean that everyone having a kalashnikov will magically fix everything.

I don't know why everyone would need a famous weapons designer in the first place.

QUOTE (Dr Lecter @ Jun 6 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Psh, none of you communists is taking my A-bomb away! I have the right to defend myself!

From what? Hiroshima?

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Jun 6 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see. So you are adamantly arguing for a fantasy solution to a fantasy problem. That is, the need for automatic weapons to stem the tide of assault-weapon-having-home invaders. And you make these informed and urgent claims from half a world away. Yeah, I'd go to Europe, but there's all those terrorists, so maybe I better not.

What the hell have you been watching? Everyone knows all terrorists are either Russian or Chinese who almost always attack American targets because they hate freedom and there is no freedom in Russia or China... which makes them jealous or something.

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jun 6 2008, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
US does something that no other country does quite as well, it airs it's dirty laundry. As a result every one outside the US is convinced the country is run by over weight, under-educated, gun crazy killers. I've been there enough to know that ain't really true. I used to think when i was younger that every time i crossed the boarder, my chances of getting shot sky rocketed, after a few trips I stopped doing that.

I can only assume you are from Mexico in which case you probably would feel safer in the US. If you are Canadian... you have a lot to think aboot. What else can I say, eh?
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#146 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:21 PM

It was a joke I made

Ah. Ok I see. You were talking about figuratively owning figurative guns during a speculative debate about what guns you would want to have in the event that you were in the US and the country fit your speculations..........

What?

#147 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 7 2008, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah. Ok I see. You were talking about figuratively owning figurative guns during a speculative debate about what guns you would want to have in the event that you were in the US and the country fit your speculations..........

What?

How can you not get that joke?
-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#148 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:24 AM

Let's see how that joke is ungettable:

First of all, Civ enquired on that page about what kind of gun you had for home and family protection. Then later you began to go on about what guns you own and how to maintenance and modify them and how you did not want anyone taking them.

This is ironic because you have exhibited knowledge of armed combat (or at least the terms applying thereto) and have expressed a belief that people need automatic guns to defend their homes. Oh wait. No, I'm sorry, that's not irony at all. Indeed it's a sound leap of logic that you have a bunch of guns in your house, since you say people (or, at least, every third person) should have a bunch of guns in their house.

That's a pretty awful joke.

It would be like me talking about how cool it is to hunt endangered species, then jabbering about the California Condor mounted on my wall, and then wondering why no one, including the local game warden, thought it was a joke.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 07 June 2008 - 02:25 AM

#149 User is offline   Deucaon Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2008 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Jun 7 2008, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see how that joke is ungettable:

First of all, Civ enquired on that page about what kind of gun you had for home and family protection. Then later you began to go on about what guns you own and how to maintenance and modify them and how you did not want anyone taking them.

This is ironic because you have exhibited knowledge of armed combat (or at least the terms applying thereto) and have expressed a belief that people need automatic guns to defend their homes. Oh wait. No, I'm sorry, that's not irony at all. Indeed it's a sound leap of logic that you have a bunch of guns in your house, since you say people (or, at least, every third person) should have a bunch of guns in their house.

That's a pretty awful joke.

It would be like me talking about how cool it is to hunt endangered species, then jabbering about the California Condor mounted on my wall, and then wondering why no one, including the local game warden, thought it was a joke.

1. I don't think most civilians know the basics of urban warfare let alone how to modify and maintain Soviet weaponry so having an abundance of weapons in ones home doesn't make one an expert in such things.

2. Assault rifles aren't legal in Australia. I haven't checked but I don't think semi automatic rifles are either.

3. I stated that every 3rd person in America having an assault rifle in their house would discourage home invasions.

This post has been edited by Deucaon: 07 June 2008 - 04:28 AM

-Jimmy McTavern, 1938.

#150 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 07 June 2008 - 01:38 PM

Ah I see, so we're continuing our figurative, fact-light debate. Then let me just suggest that every third person down under aught to buy a pointy hat to discourage drop bear related crime.

PS: Dont think that just because the debate has devolved into one big joke, that you get off easy. That one big joke is squarely aimed at your idea of total gun rights for those living in the savage waste lands of America.

This post has been edited by J m HofMarN: 07 June 2008 - 01:40 PM

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size