Chefelf.com Night Life: JohnKerryIsADoucheBagButImVotingForHimAnyway.com - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

JohnKerryIsADoucheBagButImVotingForHimAnyway.com

#16 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 October 2004 - 09:39 PM

It's funny Zod, I'm sure you felt the same way, but I was just disgusted when after the 2000 election they said things like "this truly shows how we have a great country and your vote does matter." I wanted to scream out and say, no, it shows the idiocy of our electorate and the incompetence and corruption of the people in our political system. That's what the hell it shows.

#17 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:26 PM

Two things, one funny, one not.

Funny: My brother had to write a check to pay my mother back for something, and on the part where you write what it's for, he wrote "Agreeing to vote for John Kerry" as a joke.

Not: Apparently, I'm not allowed to vote, even though there was a huge event across campus that allowed everyone to fill out and hand in their registration forms to be mailed in for them, which I participated in along with hundreds of others. When my mother went to get my absentee ballot, she was told I wasn't registered, so naturally, both she and I were royally pissed off. She even started e-mailing the secretary of state and all sorts of other high-ups and talking about voter fraud. According to what we were told, either the university made a colossal cock-up mailing in the forms, or they only mailed in certain ones according to party affiliation. I had put that I was unaffiliated with anything to be safe, but considering the fact that I was going to vote for Kerry, the whole thing is very suspicious indeed.

It didn't do any good though, I still can't vote tomorrow. What's worse is that my brother and I were thinking of it as cancelling out our parents votes for Bush.

...And it really pisses me off that all around campus I keep seeing Bush/Cheney signs and hearing random people yelling "four more years!" yell.gif
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#18 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Jane Sherwood @ Nov 1 2004, 07:26 PM)
...And it really pisses me off that all around campus I keep seeing Bush/Cheney signs and hearing random people yelling "four more years!" yell.gif

I'm scared for the future of this planet now. Seriously. If that man gets back into your Presidency, there'll be no-one left alive to see the 44th President.
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#19 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 November 2004 - 11:49 PM

I was holding to my great faith in humanity not to completely screw itself over, but after seeing our elections(which really, there was only one sensible choice)have a landslide in the wrong direction, I am a sad panda.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#20 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 01 November 2004 - 11:52 PM

QUOTE (SimeSublime @ Nov 1 2004, 11:49 PM)
I am a sad panda.

That statement should not cheer me up as much as it does...
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size