• +
  • Last »

Tits!

#31 User is offline   Chris Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 01:01 PM

Look! There's the bloke who's got our credability!

#32 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:13 PM

Caption: "Look! A third-world country we haven't bombed yet! Take a picture before the planes come!"

As to graffiti, I've got a nice book of it from 1970's, featuring such delights as Owyn's quote. But the toilets in my university are quite insightful in their graffiti. Can't remember any of it (Hey, I was hungover! Lay off!), but the piece I was told about, that inspired me to have a look (apart from an urgent need to defeciate) was this insightful line:

"hull universitee is shit, yull never get anywear going ere" (it was along those lines)
To which someone replied:
"Not if you spell like that, you idiot!"

I didn't see it, since it was in the cubicle that was occupied the entire time I was in there. And since I was a-writing myself, with a dodgy pen, that's pretty fucking suspicious...
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#33 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 19 October 2004 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Chyld @ Oct 19 2004, 02:13 PM)
To which someone replied:
"Not if you spell like that, you idiot!"

I love it when people do that.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#34 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 20 October 2004 - 02:51 AM

I noticed this on the toilet wall at work the other day:

"Our childhood dreams slowly fade away, or did you always want to work at <name of store>"
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#35 User is offline   Darnn Icon

• New Cop

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:28 AM

To sum the looking down issue up by quoting one of those things that everyone forwarded to each other about five seconds after the concept of email was concieved:

Men's magazines often feature pictures of naked women. Women's magazines also feature pictures of naked women. This is because the female body is a beautiful work of art, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day. Men are turned on at the sight of a naked woman's body. Most naked men elicit laughter from women.

#36 User is offline   Chyld Icon

• Ancient Monstrosity
  • Group: Crappy News Team

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (Darnn @ Oct 26 2004, 03:28 PM)
Men's magazines often feature pictures of naked women. Women's magazines also feature pictures of naked women. This is because the female body is a beautiful work of art, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day. Men are turned on at the sight of a naked woman's body. Most naked men elicit laughter from women.

Gotta love your femenist propaganda biggrin.gif
When you lose your calm, you feed your anger.

Less Is More v4
Now resigned to a readership of me, my cat and some fish

#37 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 12:31 PM

That's bullshit, Darnn. This has been studied to death. Women who buy women's magazines are not all secret lesbians who love to see images of women. It breaks down like this (this assumes heterosexuals, who are the market:

Men see a sexy woman in a magazine, they think "How do I get to do here?"

Women see a sexy woman ina magazine they think "How do I get to be her?"

Both genders feel a little good by the thought, as well as a little bad.

Also, you're ignoring how Men's mags also have pictres of good-looking men wearing hip clothes, and women's mags have articles about well-dressed men they'd like to do. So the genres are reciprocal, except that the women's mags don't have pictures of naked men. And this I believe has more to do with women not as much fantasizing about sex with strangers as men do. I'll leave that one to the women to answer, but every woman I've asked has said they'd find pictures like that "embarrassing," not "lumpy and hairy."
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#38 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:25 PM

Personally, naked men do make me laugh. Naked chicks are hawt, but I'm bisexual, so I guess my views are kinda skewed. I'd rather fantasize about a woman rather than a man, because women are way prettier. I have a boyfriend, and he gets me plenty turned on, because that's who I fell in love with. But I don't often check out men that I pass on the street; I'm more interested in the women. I love having a boyfriend though. It's great fun to check out other girls together. biggrin.gif So many women freak out when they catch their boyfriend staring at some cute waitress's ass, but it's obviously something that's not going to stop. And why should it? Women are works of art. I guess I'm just one of those strange girls who would rather admire the pretty lady's ass with her boyfriend, rather than have some fight about it.
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#39 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:12 PM

You say you're a "strange girl," Amber-Nicole, but plenty of ladies like ladies. A minority of ladies, perhaps, but a sizable one.

When people make generalizations about what "women" or "men", as an entity, like, think, or are attracted to, they're really only focusing on a subset of that group. The amount of women who enjoy women's magazines is probably not much bigger than the amount who prefer the company of chicks. The women people are talking about when they say "women" is not a huge group; even further qualifying by saying "Straight women" or "Most straight women" would be iffy.

Come on, people. Do we still need to be making generalizations about people based upon their genitalia?

#40 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:25 PM

I only consider myself to be strange because of the community that I live in. Being anything other than straight, republican, and baptist/catholic around here is absolutely unheard of. Peers seriously freak out on me when they find out that I'm bisexual.
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#41 User is offline   Brick McRunfast Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:38 PM

And boy is it ever fun to mess with preconceived notions and community standards. When I tell people here at my (Catholic) college that I'm an atheist, they all look shocked.

"He does not believe in God, yes he stands upright among us? How is he not running around nude and slaughtering the innocent while having carnal relations with the squirrel population? Without a God, surely he must be morally corrupt. How is he resisting his base urges? Catechism class didn't teach us how to deal with this!"

It isn't about what your pray to, or who (or what) you happen to fuck. It's not about your grades or what you wear. It isn't important where you came from or how you speak.

It's the color of your skin that matters.

#42 User is offline   Ninja Duck Icon

• Cheer up, emo duck.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Amber-Nicole @ Oct 26 2004, 09:25 PM)
Peers seriously freak out on me when they find out that I'm bisexual.

I'm getting a mental image of you single-handedly fighting off a lynch mob, who are rattling pitchforks and waving nooses at you as they swill ale.

#43 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:49 PM

Heh. People who had been my best friends since grade school refused to talk to me when I told them, Zach. They still don't talk to me much these days.

#44 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Brick McRunfast @ Oct 26 2004, 08:38 PM)
It's the color of your skin that matters.

Dude, not cool.

Besides, everybody knows it's how much money you have that's important.
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#45 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:28 AM

Come on Jane, we all know it was said in good humour. And AN, I don't talk to most of my friends from highschool anymore. Infact, those who I consider my 'highschool friends' had little to do with me when we were actually there.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size