Chefelf.com Night Life: What is the Best Article Chefelf Has Ever Written? - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (3 Pages)
  • +

What is the Best Article Chefelf Has Ever Written? Choose Your Favorite!

Poll: What is the Best Article Chefelf Has Ever Written?

What is the Best Article Chefelf Has Ever Written?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 15 October 2004 - 06:36 AM

I voted for Patriotic Bumper Stickers and I'll tell you why.

All of the others listed make fun of a particular target; PBS (tee hee) makes fun of a CATEGORY of things which we've all run across, and provides its own hilarious content. (Cub Scouts does this, so I may as well have voted for it, I s'pose.) While I'm glad you reviewed Twin Sitters, the movie practically makes fun of itself.

However, I understand that much of the humor in the bumper sticker article is out of date at this point (except for Oops! I Washed My Flag, which never gets old).

I wonder how long this writing sample has to be. Perhaps it would be best to compile a choice subset of the SW articles, their being your most notorious work, with a little intro explaining what the project was and why you did it. I'd be happy to consult on the "best of" the 142 reasons.

Addendum: If the job has to do with video games, that might be a reason to go for some of your video game stuff. At least additionally.

This post has been edited by Laura: 15 October 2004 - 06:39 AM

#17 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 15 October 2004 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (civilian_number_two @ Oct 14 2004, 09:20 PM)
"Twinsitters" is really good, but I would correct its few misspellings before submitting it as resume material.

Well, the idea is that I will fix up the spelling/grammar of the articles I eventually pick as they are all littered with problems.

Thanks to everyone else that sounded off. Perhaps the Texas Comptroller wouldnt' be a bad article to include. I will have to go back and read that.

If anyone else wants to read it it is here:

Pictures of Texas State Officials
An in depth look at pictures of the healthy and happy Republicans that run the great state of Texas. Don't mess with them.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#18 User is offline   Slade Icon

• Full of Bombs and/or Keys
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 15 October 2004 - 10:31 AM

The NES articles have left me laughing so much my sides get sore. Your articles inspired me to write my own goofy game reviews, Nate, although they are very infrequent (2 in three years), and non-existant (my site is dead).
This space for rent. Inquire within.

#19 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:18 AM

Yeah, "State Officials" is really good, too. I'd have included that one (brought to my attention some time ago by Jordan), but I couldn't remember what it was called.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#20 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:I have none.

Posted 15 October 2004 - 07:35 PM

The ladies teeth are out of this world. And the size of that crucifix!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#21 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 16 October 2004 - 07:39 AM

I've always loved the 'Reasons to Hate' lists since they were what brought me here in the first place. But which to choose? Decisions, decisions...
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#22 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:27 AM

Wow, thanks everyone! smile.gif Thanks, Slade. I didn't create this topic to make my head swell but it's happening anyway. cool.gif

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#23 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

I've always loved the 'Reasons to Hate' lists since they were what brought me here in the first place. 

That goes for all of us. I can't remember how I stumbled on it, I think I typed "SW reviews" or something along those lines.
Oh SMEG. What the smeggity smegs has smeggins done? He smeggin killed me. - Lister of Smeg, space bum

#24 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:13 AM

Nate, you wrote something about winter in New England that I found completely hilarious, I vote for that one.

#25 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:32 AM

You are referring to this article:

Mother Nature's Fury
As Rhode Island reels from the devestation of a natural weather pattern, Chefelf tries to make sense of the situation.

I actually get a lot of compliments on that one, though I never really thought it was anything all that special. Most of the compliments are, not surprisingly, from people who live in Rhode Island. rolleyes.gif

Thanks, mrtimp! smile.gif

#26 User is offline   mrtimp Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 October 2004 - 09:39 PM

guess you kind of have to live in rhode island to understand the insanity of a pending 4-6 inch snow event wink.gif

#27 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:17 PM

I can't remember if I already mentioned this, but your rant about the time you went to the batting cage with your friends was f'in hilarious.

http://www.lanceande...t_batting.shtml

Whatever happened to your old skool blogs? I can't find them anymore. 404 erros and what not.

This post has been edited by Jordan: 24 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

#28 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 08:17 PM

Good call, J. I hadn't read that before, and it's pretty good.

So, Chef, yeah, that one.

Have you already had to submit this thing?
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#29 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:06 PM

Lingerie poetry was great. The condescending seriousness of it was really fabulous. But the others are great too, it's hard to choose. If talking about pop culture, I would definitely include the Star Wars lists, they're very well-written, funny, and since SW is a huge part of pop culture I think it would get you points. But of the two I'm not even sure which to pick. I think I'd go with Phantom Menace, because a lot of its problems aren't as readily apparent to people as was the romantic dialogue in AOTC. But this is a really difficult choice.

#30 User is offline   Jordan Icon

• Tummy Friend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 11:21 PM

So, Chef, yeah, that one.

It's not only funny, but I can relate. I once spend an entire summer in Portland Oregon for basketball conditioning (so I could qualify for the West Van High team).

My respect for american atheltes went up ten fold over that summer. I had 10 year kids spinning circles around me and draining off-set three pointers in my face.
After getting smacked around at camp, and horribly humiliated, I spent the last 2 weeks of my American stay at a friends house.

It was at this house that a 14 year old girl beat the shit out of me 1on1 and in a game of 4on4. She was so damn good, it made me feel like a bitch.

I came back to Canada emasculated and beaten. And no, I never made the grade 11 cut for the team. I swear I was better before I went to Oregon. That place crushed my hoop dreams.

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size