• (2 Pages)
  • +

Story update

#16 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 02:34 PM

Make your own - it's easy. Come up with some names for the people and places in your story and write. Maybe you'll come up with something great. Maybe you won't... doesn't matter. You can always try again.

That's exactly what I've been planning to do for MONTHS! We've even had discussions about this a long while back.

I have plenty of ideas to create my own world and write stories in it, which is why the FanFic I'm writing is the LAST fanfic I'm going to write!

#17 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:14 PM

Okay. I was worried that it sounded like you were doing too much fanfic and not enough original writing. The latter is so much more fun. Apart from the Star Wars outings (which are more satires than fanfic pieces) I haven't written any fanfic since I was twelve. And I'm happy that way.

#18 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:29 AM

Good for you. But as for me, I'm going to turn 21 and I've essentially wrote nothing but FanFiction ever since I was 16. I have one good idea as to how to write a good novel for publishing. The moment I'm done with this FanFic, I'll be writing more practice stories with original settings.

And, of course, I will create cat people for my fanatasy worlds because I love cats and cat people. tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#19 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:31 AM

Don't jump on me, mate. I'm just trying to help you out.

#20 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:36 AM

I'm not jumping on you! What gave you that idea? huh.gif

#21 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:57 AM

I read negative emotions in the
Good for you.
part.

Sorry. My mistake.

#22 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:12 AM

Oh that. No I wasn't in a bad mood at all. It's just that I occasionally feel that my writing skill has somewhat regarded due to a major case of writers block from sep 2003 to jun 2004. But it's gone now and I think I'll get to rewriting Chapter one of my FanFic. The last one was pretty crude and flawed in my opinion, so I'll make it better.

#23 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:14 AM

I've finished 1/4 of the new chapter and I'm going strong, I just need to think up of a small part before I go on.

#24 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:16 AM

Guys, I've decided that I've had enough of this story, but instead of outright cancelling it, I decided to wrap it up in one quick and humorous chapter. Here's the link.

Final Chapter

Well, that final chapter spells the end of my FanFiction career. Any stories I write after this point are offically going to be in worlds of my own creation. I should be getting to some more brain storming right now. smile.gif

#25 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 22 November 2004 - 10:46 AM

Well, that was a little unexpected... but what a way to close the story! laugh.gif

Mate, you should probably be doing more humourous writing. You've got a great knack for it.

Maybe we should all just do humourous writing. It's fun, it's usually more entertaining than writing novels with serious tones and most of us writers here on this forum seem to be good at it.

Anyway, I liked your style.

Now we've got the screening room up so when you want to venture into your next literary escapade, you could post it there if you like.

JM's doing that right now.. writing a novel bit by bit and posting the installments as he finishes them.

But, great work with that (even if your sudden decision was a little surprising)... and I look forward to seeing more of your stuff in the future.

And you're moving on up out from fan fic.... taking your first step into a larger world. I wish you the best of luck with it and all your future endeavours.

- Movie Goer

#26 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:16 PM

People have been telling me I write good comedy for years! I guess I should never really abstain from making something comedic every now and then.

Anyway, there ARE some things you should know. I put quite a bit of jokes regarding the GreaT Escape in there.

For example, when the SGO says that the reason why you were forced to build all the tools because you were Australian, that was a joke about the Great Escape movie.

In the movie, there is a character called Sedgewick 'The manufacturer'. He's an Australian and he built all the tools for the people to escape in the movie, that was the joke.

And here's another one: When Jack Wendy comes through the door he says 'That MacDonald guy couldn't come' It was both a reference to Sandy MacDonald (a character from the Great Escape) and the Fast Food resturants 'Wendies' and 'MacDonald's'. Get it! biggrin.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size