Chefelf.com Night Life: Going away for a while - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Going away for a while Just a couple of weeks, probably.

#31 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:26 PM

things do seem incredibly slow of late. when i first showed up here we got some pretty heated debates going and so on but i suppose all boards must go through slow patches. being accidently spolied about Sith is whats worrying me the most actually. i remember just browsing through some random message board (about music or something) in 1999 and i saw that someone had posted a message, in capital letters with the heading `DARTH MAUL KILLS QUI GON JINN`. im sure something like that wont happen here, but i`m probably going to abandon the internet from Xmas till Sith. wont see the trailers etc. its the last one after all.

#32 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:05 PM

Yeah, and I really hated the spoiler Lucasfilm released, when the soundtrack CD came out with a bit called "Qui Gon's Funeral."

Dumbasses.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#33 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Oct 12 2004, 07:06 PM)
Yeah, that'd be interesting to read, mate. By an early birthday present for Nathan... were you the good guy (even though you're my mortal enemy) who sent him the new DVDs? That's very kind of you if it was... it must have been very difficult handing money over a counter for those things. Anyway, it's good to have something to look forward to in this forum again.

Yeah, that was me, from hell's heart I spit at thee.

They were relatively easy to buy, actually. I have nieces, and am already used to picking up Hillary Duff CDs and DVDs of SAVE THE LAST DANCE and shit like that. So grabbing a copy of something hugely popular and at least male-centred was no hard task. I will admit however to looking around the store first to be sure I didn't run into anyone I knew. I had this feeling they'd never believe me when I said they were for "a friend."

Anyway, like I said, Nate in a way introduced me to all of you, and that's been a laugh, and I know what it's like to be poor after a big move. I have moved about twenty times in my life, so I know all about it, in fact.

May be picking up a dual-layer DVD burner in the near future, once I get the appropriate advice on which one I need for my system (I got a guy knows a guy). And you all know what THAT means!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#34 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2004 - 12:25 AM

Civ, are you really going to meet Jordan? I was wondering what is going on with the guy, he never shows up here these days... Not even for Kate Hudson in JYAMG outing.

It must be lots of fun meeting people you know only from the net. A little eerie, too, I think. I do not have any chance of meeting you guys, unless Helena, who is "only" like 1000 km from where I live decides to take holiday in Poland, which is also unlikely, I think.

#35 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2004 - 06:49 AM

I wouldn't have a chance of meeting anyone either... unless you try to hunt me down in Korea, Civilian. Just tell someone you're looking for a foreigner who doesn't have an army haircut and that'll narrow it down. Of course, I must warn you that I'll be armed and ready....

Even if I went back to Australia, I couldn't meet anyone, I don't think. Sime is so far away from my area of Australia that he may as well be living in a different country. And Barend is in Sydney... and man, Sydney's a hole! tongue.gif

Actually, to be honest, one of my brothers will be working there next year so it's not outside the realm of possibility that I could run into Sauron - er - Barend in the future. Again, I will be armed and ready for such an encounter. cool.gif

PS - Sorry about giving your identity as the guy who supplied Nate with the DVDs, Civilian. I must say that was really nice of you, mate.

#36 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 October 2004 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, I'm in the most remote capital in the world. Tough chance of meeting anybody. Though there are a few Queenslanders on these boards, Movie Goer. I belive Yahtzee and Rhubarb are in Brisbane, and I think Little Princess is in Queensland as well, but they seem to post in Yahtzee's forums exclusivly. And Supe's was in Melbourne, from memory, but, like the rest of you, it's still the other side of the country.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#37 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 13 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

Is Yahtzee an Aussie? Wow. I always assumed because he had his own forum that he was one from Chefelf's North American circle.

Little Princess... I think she's in New South Wales. And Supes is from Sydney... although there's no chance of even bumping into him on these forums anymore. I haven't seen him for ages (and he's got the leading role in Barend's Lord of the Rings production too!).

EDIT - I don't know Rhubarb though as I've never visited Yahtzee's forums.

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 13 October 2004 - 10:35 AM

#38 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 14 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

Yahtzee, although a brother redcloud, is actually a Brit. He moved to live with Rhubarb down here about a year or so ago.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#39 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 October 2004 - 10:31 AM

I see. How do you know all this stuff?

#40 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:33 AM

Knowing your Lance and Eskimo history:

http://www.fullyramb...ays/tribute.htm
http://www.lanceande...journal01.shtml
http://www.lanceande...mis_bruce.shtml

wink.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#41 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 14 October 2004 - 07:11 PM

I'll check them out sometime. Thanks for the links. smile.gif

#42 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:24 PM

quit my job. i wont be able to use the internet for a while, until i make it back to the UK at least so i`ll be down for a bit. this is the only forum i post on really so i thought i`d mention it. ja ne!

#43 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 16 October 2004 - 01:05 AM

That was very sudden. I hope everything's okay. Anyway, good luck with everything... hope the trip back to the UK is hassle-free.

Ja mate.

#44 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2004 - 03:11 AM

everythings cool i think, its something that i`ve been thinking about for a while. now that i`ve actually gone through with it, this is the happiest i`ve felt in about a year! although the job let me stay in Japan (which is what i still want to do) it was getting nearly unbearable. anyway should be back in a few weeks ph34r.gif

#45 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 16 October 2004 - 11:33 AM

I can relate to that... it's hard trying to stay in these countries when the only way you can do so is to work in a really shitty job. I know all about that.

Anyway, it's good to know it's no problem. See you when you land on your feet.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size