Chefelf.com Night Life: Going away for a while - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Going away for a while Just a couple of weeks, probably.

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:34 AM

Okay, I'll stick around for a while longer.

#17 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:35 AM

Corvax- i wasnt cross at all, just a bit worried because i thought your link might prompt discussion about it!

#18 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Oct 6 2004, 07:34 AM)
Okay, I'll stick around for a while longer.

good!!

(just figured out how to use the post feature properly ohmy.gif )

#19 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (jariten @ Oct 6 2004, 07:37 AM)
(just figured out how to use the post feature properly  ohmy.gif )

This is just an experiment. I've always wondered how to do it myself.

EDIT - Wow! I've finally done it... after being here for over six months!

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 06 October 2004 - 07:51 AM

#20 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:55 AM

I think this forum is dead. In the past three days or so, it looks like there's been a grand total of about two new posts. I think I'll get back studying Korean then.

#21 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:36 AM

Sorry, been busy. I tend to browse the Star Wars thread lightly, as I was never a die hard fan and feel quite intimidated by everybody's knowege on the subject. On top of that, I've got a pair of maths tests(one still tomorrow), working at the royal show(12 hour shifts don't pose well to me posting comments) and I got a copy of Chrono Cross for the PSX(which sucks at my free time like an excellent book). On top of that, a cold that makes thinking next to impossible, the search to purchase a car, and the oncoming finish of my research project and exams soon after have left me rather pressed for time.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#22 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:37 AM

And hey, if you leave, my post count will be way too high wink.gif
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#23 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 11 October 2004 - 10:38 AM

No, it's no-one's fault... I was just observing that the forum really seems to need CPR at the moment. I better work on another Movie Outing then...

oh wait, I already am. (shhhh) cool.gif

#24 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2004 - 02:41 AM

Are you? Great!

But you are absolutely right about the forum beind dead for the moment. I feel sorry for the new guys becuse nobody wants to talk to them.

But if there is another outing, sure there will be basis for discussion. I also hope Chefelf will give us SE reasosns to hate soon.

But I suppose I will be posting less as well, because my course started this weekend and I got my first assignment. And I go to the college at all weekends, Sunday and Saturday, so I suppose I will be a walking zombie soon, too.

#25 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 October 2004 - 03:38 AM

I haven't been active recently since I'm not really that in to this forum... although I'd hate to see JYAMG leave, since I really enjoy reading his reviews on my stories when I post them. smile.gif

#26 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 12 October 2004 - 04:15 AM

I'll be around a little while longer. There are two things that I am really hanging out for on this forum...

(x amount of) Reasons to Hate The DVD Editions.

and

(x amount of) Reasons to Hate Episode III.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the new guys too... especially as they've got some great points. It's not their fault that we've bored ourselves to tears discussing these things.

Regarding the outing, I can't tell how long it will take (actually, I never can, to tell the truth). But this is something interesting...

One of my best mates has been reading these things and after seeing the last one, he really, really wanted in. He wanted to be in the next one so much in fact, that he is now contributing a scene to it... so that should be interesting.

Anyway, when everything's all said and done, you guys will be the first to hear about it (and the last probably)...

#27 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 12 October 2004 - 09:44 AM

I'm just curious, were you refering to the StarWars threads being quiet, or nightlife in general?

#28 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 12 October 2004 - 10:10 AM

The Star Wars forum specifically. This used to be the most hip and happening place on the web.... and it went through three days without even so much as a single new post. This place needs some traffic... STAT!

#29 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 12 October 2004 - 12:09 PM

I started posting in this forum in November of last year, after a series of emails back and forth with Chefelf. The circumstances may only be intersting to me, but I feel a little nostalgic about it since it's occupied a lot of my time, and I have discussed a number of different ideas with a group of people I will probably never meet (one of these days I'll meet Jordan, and probably drop off that comic book for Reader, since they live in my town). I feel some of you are my friends, to the extent that I bought Nathan an early birthday present a little while back, even breaking a sort of vow to do it. Of course others, like jyamg, are mortal enemies I will doggedly hunt until the day I die.

Anyway, in the interst of my own nostalgia, I will post the first mail I ever sent Chef, and his reply, both of which I kept. This I will do on the one-year anniversary of the day I signed up, Nov 1. I thnk anyone who cares to read it will be not surprised to see that my opinions are the same now after all of the discussion as they were then. Really all we've done in these forums, apart from occasionally making fun of Jordan and at least once serously pissing off Mike Mac, is to rant bout common beliefs. In a way we're like a religion.

So there, jyamg, you have something to look forward to in the Star Wars Fan convention after all! wink.gif
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#30 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 12 October 2004 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, that'd be interesting to read, mate. By an early birthday present for Nathan... were you the good guy (even though you're my mortal enemy) who sent him the new DVDs? That's very kind of you if it was... it must have been very difficult handing money over a counter for those things. Anyway, it's good to have something to look forward to in this forum again.

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size