Chefelf.com Night Life: Going away for a while - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Going away for a while Just a couple of weeks, probably.

#1 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:48 PM

I thought I'd post this here rather than in the Lobby because I spend most of my time in this forum. Early on Friday I'm travelling to Munich, where I'm going to be studying for most of the year, and it'll take some time to get all my belongings over to me and sort everything out. So I'll probably disappear from here for a few weeks at least. But... I'LL BE BACK! cool.gif
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#2 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:59 PM

Hurry back. Your input is always highly valued! smile.gif
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#3 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:38 PM

But best of luck with it. Relocating to another country is a pretty big thing. But it is also very rewarding. We look forward to hearing from you once you've found your feet over there.

#4 User is offline   Give Me The Originals Dammit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:50 AM

Good Luck! smile.gif

#5 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2004 - 02:57 AM

May the force be with you. smile.gif

#6 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 October 2004 - 09:52 AM

Hey, have fun whilst your gone.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#7 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:13 PM

Good times, mate. Good times.

#8 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 09:56 AM

I'll be hanging around today, but I'm leaving tomorrow for a retreat weekend and will be back Sunday night. Hopefully next week with this big project behind me I can step up production on my Right Site cartoon.

should be a nice retreat. Will be playing drum kit at the main venue, and world beat percussion in the chapel. Think happy thoughts for me smile.gif I'm posting here because it's the greatest forum I'm aware of.

#9 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:07 AM

We'll miss you, Despondent. Man, this forum is turning real quiet these days. It feels like everyone's gone. Perhaps we've run all the potential debates and conversations dry....

so in the end, what's happened?

- we've lamented the decline of Star Wars, the rape of our childhood memories and the loss of any joy in seeing a Star Wars film again.

- we've argued the merits of different films, I've done my part to talk sense into people about Return of the Jedi, to no avail.

- we've picked on every last annoying thing about the prequels and the changes to the original films.

- we've criticised all the terrible things Lucas has done to us and we've had wars with his lackeys (those twits at the Force.Net forums).

- we've had wars with each other.

- we've had Jariten come to challenge out views (to no avail) and we in turn have tried to dissuade him from his own (surprise, surprise, to no avail).

- we've got real petty at times.

- we've tried to be understanding of those with different opinions at others.

- and we've had a lot of laughs along the way.

Sounds like we've basically done it all. And perhaps this is why we don't see Jordan or Barend or many of the other guys around here anymore.

I guess the only thing left is Chefelf's Reasons to Hate the DVDs and Reasons to Hate Episode III.

I wonder where we'll all go next... personally, I'd like to recommend that The Lord of the Rings trilogy (the Extended Editions) is the perfect thing to take the place of Star Wars in our lives. It's worked for me... and I enjoy these films so much more. And unlike the original Star Wars trilogy, it didn't screw up at the end. Sure, the second and third movies should have been better than they were but they are still incredible pieces of cinema, despite not living up to the first one.

But if you're really attached to Star Wars and don't want to let go, let me recommend the latest installment in the saga Episode VIII - Civilian Takes Command.

#10 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:51 AM

JYAMG, sure you sound pessimistic. Please don't. Nobody is going away for good, at least nobody says so. Helena will be posting from Germany, I hope, Despondent is going only for the week. All of us need some time off, but it doesn't mean we are lacking the topic of conversations. It is just a dry spell and it will pass.

There are planty of other lousy films to bash in the meantime, and we all look forward to ROTS, and there will be Chefelf reasons to hate SE soon.
I am thinking of doing a Bond films bashing thread in Movie theater. How about that?

#11 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:00 AM

im not sure we can really run out of angles to attack/praise star wars from. its 5 or so years now since TPM, and thats still brought up and like Corvax just said it`ll soon be time for RotS when you`ll all get a chance to rip my (what will hopefully be) glowing fanboy nonsense to shreds biggrin.gif

#12 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:45 AM

Well, I did not feel like starting a new thread, I might as well post it here. This is a bit of rumour from AICN with spoilers from ROTS which can give us some food of thought. I personally liked the idea, looks like a good, emotionally loaded scene. Let's hope the execution will be decent

http://www.aintitcoo...ay.cgi?id=18566

#13 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:03 AM

of course i can only really request that you all do this, but can we please keep spolier stuff to like special spoiler threads or something? like the one Vwing started. im desperatly trying to stay (as close as possible to) 100% spolier free before i see the film!!

#14 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:21 AM

Okay, I've heard that spoiler before so I think it may well be true. I won't mention anything further about it here, for Jariten's sake.

Sorry about the pessimism... it's that lately it feels like we've been covering the same ground over and over again and then going into really petty, pathetic minor details just for the sake of keeping a thread going.

With the re-treading old ground thing, it feels a bit like deja vu. Garth Vader asked me the other day, what exactly is wrong with Return of the Jedi... and while I think there's a million things wrong with it, I just couldn't care enough anymore to repeat myself. I actually just gave him a link to the last debate we had on the subject.

Anyway, I'll stick around for a little while longer. I live on my own with nothing to do on the weeknights and there's only so many times I can watch my Lord of the Rings DVDs. I need something interactive to do and I can't play guitar often because of the paper thin walls between me and a family with young children.

So... this is my entertainment for a lot of the time. It's just that now it seems to be in the off-season.

#15 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:24 AM

Jariten, I am sorry you got cross, but I did warn that the stuff included spoilers. Nobody forces you to open the link. My comment to that did not include any spoilers.

JYAMG, do not go away. I will post the Bond thread tomorrow, we can bicker over that. Currently, my situation is so depressing with work, college and personal things, that this forum provides me with a means of diverting my unhappy thoughts, so do not go away, I need you.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size