Chefelf.com Night Life: Episode VIII - Civilian Takes Command - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Episode VIII - Civilian Takes Command

#1 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:04 AM

Well I thought I was finished with these things but my inability to leave things alone knows no bounds. So we are, yet again, taking another outing in that galaxy far, far away.

Remember, you'll need to adjust your monitor settings to properly view these things.

I'd also like to add that no forum members were injured during the production of this film.

#2 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:05 AM

#3 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:58 AM

Great stuff... I absolutely love your 'movies'! biggrin.gif smile.gif

#4 User is offline   Michel Orla Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Many, many things....some which wouldn't be suitable for a forum of this kind ;)

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:31 AM

Woo hoo! I was in this one! Im flattered. Entertaining as always movie goer. You do so much more with the Star Wars name than Lucas has the last 5 years

#5 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:43 AM

You're right, I really don't care wink.gif

Great work as always, and I'll have to add that using Peter Garett worked quite well. I'm not sure if you realise, being out of the country and all, but he's actually running for government now.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#6 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:48 AM

Excellent Dude. Party Down!

#7 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:56 AM

Thanks for this new installment! How do you find the time JYAMG? Surreal weirdness, now with Zhang Ziyi! wub.gif biggrin.gif

#8 User is offline   Helena Icon

• Basher Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Current age: 22<br /><br />Current occupation: Auditor<br /><br />Interests: Reading, computer games, music, and Star Wars (obviously).<br /><br />Talents: Can't act, can't dance, can sing a little.<br /><br />Loves: Terry Pratchett's 'Discworld' series.<br /><br />Hates: Harry Potter. Surely I can't be the only one?

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:43 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif I loved the bit about everyone in the galaxy being born on Tatooine.
The sandpeople had women and children. We know this because Anakin killed them how could he tell? The children might be smaller but I never saw a sandperson with breasts. Did they hike their skirts and show him some leg or something?

Also, I can see the point of wanting to kidnap a human and use her as a slave, but they didn't. They tied her to a flimsy easel for a month. It's assumed they had to feed and give her water. What for? Was she purely ornamental? I can understand them wanting the droids, you can sell those for a lot of money, but a chick who's only skills are finding non-existand mushrooms and getting randomly pregnant, you're not going to get much.

- J m HofMarN on the Sand People

#9 User is offline   Vwing Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:07 PM

Great job JYAMG. I love that I got Oola. One missed opportunity though, somewhere in there, you should have had Civilian say to lackey, "Hey, you think Madam Corvax and a guy like me...?" and lackey replies, "No." But still great.

#10 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

Thanks everyone for the glowing reviews. I'm glad you all liked it. smile.gif

And yeah, Sime, I have heard about Peter Garett running for government actually. Best of luck to him, I say.

As for the time, there was a three day public holiday this week so a lot of it got done in the mornings when it was too hot to go out. Although, as always, a lot of it got done in the late hours of the night.

One missed opportunity though, somewhere in there, you should have had Civilian say to lackey, "Hey, you think Madam Corvax and a guy like me...?" and lackey replies, "No."

Damn, I wish I'd thought of that. smile.gif

#11 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:52 PM

great stuff as always! and i thought i`d be killed off, so i`m pleased about that too
laugh.gif

#12 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:00 PM

It's odd how work done by someone with a computer graphics program working on a computer that couldn't cost more than two thousand dollars with only a little help from unpaid friends can still achieve something more intelligent and interesting than someone with the millions of dollars invested in computer graphics and a whole studio at his beckon call. Bravo.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#13 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:08 PM

Gosh, that was a tad "bluer" than previous installments, but I too agree that PG was a great substiutute for the Nintendo guy. I was downright handsome!

Hooray for badness!
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#14 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:50 AM

I'm glad you three gentlemen liked it. I wonder what Jordan will think when/if he reads it... unsure.gif Poor Jordan. We're so bad to him.

#15 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:00 AM

JYAMG - I am stunned. I need a quiet half an hour to read it carefully and savour all the little jokes.

The graphics are stunning. Eowyn in Leia's dress is just FANTASTIC. And the swing picture with Helena - gee, you do have a talent!!!
Thank you. You really made my day.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size