• « First
  • Last »

oldies the classic games that we all love:

#76 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 13 December 2004 - 05:36 AM

Call of Cthulu is actually a horror story by HP Lovecraft. Its free online, so just google for it. Really good read. The game of the same name is based off the tabletop roleplaying game of the same name which is based off the story. Eternal Darkness is unofficially based off it, some would say ripping it off. Regardless, it's still good. I'm avidly awaiting the Call of Cuthulu game, as it appears to take a lot of what made Eternal Darkness great to the next level. Can anybody say sanity bar?
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#77 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:09 AM

SANITY BAR! I've got my character to lvl10 now, which i suppose is OK. hey Sime, I really want to join the Morag Tong (my characters class is Assassin ph34r.gif ) but cant find where they are? I heard that they are in Vivec, but I don't wana travel that far for nothing, I HATE the guards there, they are so bloody annoying, I've already slayed 3 of them! Could ya tell me where to join sign for them then?

#78 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 13 December 2004 - 06:33 AM

For all the info you need with quests, check here:
http://www.uhs-hints...eb/morrownd.php

Go to Vivec Arena Canalworks(one of the lower doors in the Vivec Arena Canton). In there you can find access to the Vivec Storage Area. Look around for a trapdoor in the floor. Unlock it to find the base, then talk to Eno Hlaalu. Also, you need Speed and Agility of 30 to join. I can't remember the specific skills you need to advance in rank, but assume them to be things like agility, acrobatics, short blades etc.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

#79 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Kickboxing, Volleyball, Football(European), Singing, Writing Songs, Music, Drama, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, (Nintendo Games- that includes Mario)...and loads of other stuff

Posted 13 December 2004 - 01:54 PM

yeah i found that trapdoor earlier but its lock level 50. Whats the best lockpick to use for lock level 50? and where could I find them?

#80 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:43 AM

Depends. If you can get some expensive lockpicks, you still have a chance of failure depending on your lockpick skill. Or you can try and find a scroll of Ekashs' Lock Splitter. Or make up a lock pick spell, if you have good alteration.

#81 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 14 December 2004 - 06:59 AM

don't worry, i got in now. i bought 2 spells that open 40-60, one failed, the second one worked, i'm now in the Morag TOng and a contract killer! i've already assassinated 3 people on behalf of them! its SO cool being an assassin! newayz cheers for the help... biggrin.gif

#82 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:24 AM

Its neat. If you get caught, just give your writ to the guards and they'll excuse you. If not, you get a nice little note in your journal saying something along the lines of "...and nobody had the courage to report me."

#83 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 15 December 2004 - 08:25 AM

yeah, i've had both those things happen, I shoved the writ right in that annoying Vivec Guards face! it felt SO good, also u get paid like 500 for each assassination! excellent!

#84 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 15 December 2004 - 08:27 AM

If thats the case, perhaps I should have started it earlier. Back when I didn't have ebony equipment lying around because it's low qualaty.

#85 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 16 December 2004 - 05:26 AM

Ebony equipment? Nice, i was smugglin' that from the mines. I was makin loads. Problem is, its heavy stuff. Where didja get ebony equipment from then? I found this scroll y'day, it summons a Fire Atronach for 120secs, a Frost Atronach for 90secs and a Storm Atronach for 60secs! I'm gonna save it for a big beasty! devil.gif

#86 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:35 AM

I find it around. I mentioned before that I was head of most of the various groups you can join, which means that I've raided a lot of the higher level lairs. Dwarven ruins is generally good for equipment, if you can survive. Daedric ruins can get you some good stuff too. Theres one just east of the most NW village, that has a full set of Ebony equipment(heavy armour)in the lower catacombs. The best(non-expansion pack)curious and sword you can get is from the Imperial Dragon quests. The high level Temple and Imperial Cult quests give out great items as well. As for magic, I'm not all that sure. I don't use offensive or summoning magic, as my sword is enough to take anything down. My magic is only Alteration(levitation, lockpick etc), Mysticism(telportation, telekinisis etc) and Restoration.

Some good tactics: Summon Golden Saints, cast soul trap on them, then kill them for easy Goden Saints souls.
If stealing something in plain view of others, walk around the corner so you can still see the object, but ppl cant see you. Then pick it up with telekinesis to avoid detection.
When breaking into a house, use the top door. People rarely notice you.
Although people will get mad if you pick the lock on their chest, they dont mind if you use an open lock spell.

#87 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:41 PM

Ignore the Ebony, It's too heavy and gets on your nerves. There's better unique stuff to be found. Try under Ebonheart, There's some guy with lords mail down there, and there's really good gauntlets in a cavern near the Koal cave.

If that's too much work, just steal the stuff in the corpusarium (upstairs) If you wear the armour you can even have the boots of speed equipped and still see.

If you want to put up magic cheaply, just create a bunch of spells that cost 1mp, and cast them repeatadly. rest, rinse, repeat.

At risk of showing my age and country of origin:

Lords of Chaos. (C64\Amiga)
Fallout series. (PC only)
Civilisation. (PC)
Megalomania (amiga)
Gunstar heroes (Megadrive)
Metal Slug 1/2(Arcade)
Master of orion 2 (PC)
Knights of legend (C64)

I'd like to throw in the Detective game (c64) as well, but I still can't complete it.

This post has been edited by Laughlyn: 19 December 2004 - 02:42 PM

IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

#88 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:02 AM

I remember the old Amiga. Brilliant machine. Sadly we sold ours years ago sad.gif

#89 User is offline   revoltoncube Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:21 AM

GUNSTAR HEROES!!! that game rocked!
I loved my amiga dearly, all the good games that you just can't list!
This weekend I gave Morrowind a rest and played my other 2 Xbox games,
Need for Speed Underground 2 is surprisingly good, never thought I'd like a racing sim this much. I hate "Boy Racers", but this is somehow fun?!

also Halo2 obviously rocks, absolutely amazing with ya mates round!

#90 User is offline   Laughlyn Icon

• Token drunk
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Who am I? I'm Laughlyn, resident Gentleman B*stard of the highest order of the british empire, A geek who's crawled out of the far side of the abyss to wreck havoc upon his breathren. A closet troll, purveyor of bartender brand advice (<br />Call me for realtionship advice\general abuse on +447949623581.... Just don't expect me to answer), thinks-he's-artsy person, and occasional Pirate.<br /><br />Interests? What the bloody hell is this? A census?

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:33 AM

I'm glad to say I still have my collection of games systems tucked away in the parental loft, Whenever I'm back home I tend to swipe a few articles for old times sake. Chaos Engine and Speedball 2 are next on the list....

Gunstar heroes, and it's semi sequel Guardian heroes are prime examples of gaming carnage. Can't resist brushig them down every now and them and having a quick bash. Bangai-O has a similar feel to it, Sadly the dreamcast gave up the ghost 6 months ago and I still haven't found a new one.

It's not really old, but I'm chucking system shock 2 to the floor in the name of 'scariest FPS game ever'.
IPB Image
I want to go back to the films of the 80's, where plots were simple, and explosions happened regularly....

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size