Chefelf.com Night Life: Chefelf's Star Wars SE DVD Reviews - Chefelf.com Night Life

Star Wars Fan Convention

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Chefelf's Star Wars SE DVD Reviews Coming soon...

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:06 PM

Yeah, but it's really minor. The colours were still very faint at that stage too.

#17 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (WhoCares @ Sep 27 2004, 11:51 AM)
They probably are going to explain that the colors depend on your mood or something.

Kind of like the DS explosions feature rings based on Lucas' mood. wink.gif

#18 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2004 - 06:56 AM

Ex-squeeze me my silly question- will there be a link provided from forum to the "Reasons to hate SE"? There is a link from old "Reasons to hate" to the forum, but I could not find a link from Forum to the reasons. Is there any?

#19 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 September 2004 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (WhoCares @ Sep 27 2004, 10:17 AM)
When Vader is talking to Tarkin about how the rebel base wasnt in Dantooine Vader's voice was out of synch (for about 2 good seconds) with his corporal exp​ression.

I think that is something left over from the OT. In ANH there are a lot of moments where Vader's movements and voice dont' synch up. Has to do with the way the movie was originally dubbed. smile.gif

QUOTE (Michel Orla)
So will you be tying in the contradictions to the prequel when you write this?

Not exactly sure yet. I'm thinking of listing ALL the changes and how they affect the OT based on the prequels. I'm open to any suggestions at this point since I'm just going through the laborious note-taking process right now.

QUOTE (superrepus)
Has anyone noticed the major flaw in ANH? When Ben first gives Luke the lightsaber in his home, it is blue. When they are on the Falcon and Luke is training with the helmet with the blast shield down, his saber is green!! Can anyone explain that?? One cannot just change the color of a lightsaber blade.

Thanks for bringing that up. I'll have to go back and take a look. smile.gif

QUOTE (Madam Corvax)
Ex-squeeze me my silly question- will there be a link provided from forum to the "Reasons to hate SE"? There is a link from old "Reasons to hate" to the forum, but I could not find a link from Forum to the reasons. Is there any?

Yes, it's in the pinned topics. I'll let you all know when the new reasons come out. smile.gif Should be soon.
See Chefelf in a Movie! -> The People vs. George Lucas

Buy the New LittleHorse CD, Strangers in the Valley!
CD Baby | iTunes | LittleHorse - Flight of the Bumblebee Video

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#20 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:14 AM

Okay, I went back and confirmed that the lightsaber is blue in the Tatooine scene and then green on the Millenium Falcon. Can anyone help me out and confirm that this is the way it is in the originals?

Fanboys could easily make the argument that Luke is brandishing Obi-Wan's lightsaber in that scene but I'm just not sure if that's the way it was in the originals. However Obi-Wan does have a lightsaber on his belt in that scene. Why would he hold Luke's?

I just want to track down if this particular inconsistency is an OT screw up or SE screw up.

Chefelf on: Twitter | friendfeed | Jaiku | Bitstrips | Muxtape | Mento | MySpace | Flickr | YouTube | LibraryThing

#21 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:38 AM

A list of over 200 bloopers from the original trilogy (not updated since 2000; so they were looking at the Special Editions and the originals, not the new new one) doesn't report it. This is inconclusive, but you'd think they'd catch that kind of thing!

http://www.egosystem...rs/bloopers.htm

#22 User is offline   Chefelf Icon

• LittleHorse Fan

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:55 AM

Thanks!

Hmmm. I've been trying to find a complete list of all the changes in the DVDs, but I can't really find one through my buddy, Google. If anyone knows of a list please post a URL. A lot of the changes are very minor and easy to miss.

#23 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:33 PM

Try here (I don't have time to look at it now, can't comment on its value):

http://www.theforce.net/swse/
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#24 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 30 September 2004 - 12:58 AM

If the lightsabre is GREEN (like the one in Return of the Jedi) then this would be a change made in the DVD. But in the original, the lightsabre was 'green' meaning it was slightly off colour - and that was just down to them not being able to do the lightsabres that well at the time.

#25 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:37 PM

Hey folks. I saw a rumour on the Super Shadow site I have to share for all the BF fans. (and who's not?)

SuperShadow, I would like to say that I like your site, very awesome indeed. (SuperShadow: Thanks. I’m told this hundreds of times a day. It never gets old.) I have read one of your comments about Boba Fett some how surviving the Sarlacc Pit and I agree with you that he could still be alive. My friend told me that in the special edition of Return of the Jedi when the barge blows up on Tatooine, in the top right corner you see a little green speck flying off in the distance. Do you think this might be him? (SuperShadow: Yeah, that could be Fett rocketing out of the belly of the Sarlacc.)

laugh.gif

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size