• (3 Pages)
  • +

J M Hoffman's Challenge nude photos of

#16 User is offline   HK 47 Icon

• Level Boss
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 September 2004 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Sep 22 2004, 12:28 AM)
HK- I always did wonder about that. I mean it would have been such a cinch to give that scene meaning. If the gungans had been a little more likeable and someone had made just the tiniest remark about it being sacred or symbolic or just mentioned it at all it might have made sense. I think it could have been some sort of photon torpedo-like device and that Boss Nass was part of a plot to assassinate her. The way I see it is that Palpatine hired Maul to hire Jango Fett to hire Boss Hogg to hire Boss Nass to give Amidala an exploding blue ball, but the plot was somehow foiled. I think it'll be edited into ROTJ the even specialer edition, with Whoever the hell played Obi Wan and Hayden Christiansen holding the ball back aloft.

I agree, something that the audience could relate to would have been good. It does look very much like one of those beachballs they destroyed droids with. So, he's handing her ammo, or as you say, a bomb?

Adding the ball to the very last scene in RotJ is brilliant!! You can have the ghosts of Anakin (Hayden, please), Obi-Wan and Yoda caress it lovingly before presenting it to Luke while crooning to the sound of the original Ewok celebration song "Celebrate the fight! Ya wa! Celebrate the looooove!". Perhaps Yoda would even care to do a little jig?

#17 User is offline   Give Me The Originals Dammit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:06 AM

You know the scene that touched me the most was right after Anakin won the pod race, I thought the congratulations he received from everyone were all well played by all the actors, and well deserved after a Jedi with knowledge beyond most men needlessly put a small child in danger, by entering him in the damn race in the first place! Ah and the congratulations and adoration did poor forth... "Good job Annie" "I'm proud of you Annie!" "I knew you could do it Annie!" "ANNIE ANNIE ANNIE!" They said Annie about 50 times in 15 seconds!!! Where the hell was Daddy Warbucks so he could congratulate the little bastard too!? I tried hard to rise up to your challenge but I just cannot think of one scene that gave me any kind of emotional response.

#18 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2004 - 10:46 AM

Ah, ANNIE is such a masculine sounding nickname. I'm sure Darth Vader would love it if Luke said "I know that you were once little Annie, my father."

He'd probably knock him out cold .... and who could blame him?

#19 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:23 PM

HK- That's just the start of what the ball can do. I think it should be a tradition in Star Wars movies just like "I've got a bad feeling about this" It could just randomly show up everywhere. And in A New Hope they could have Leiah present it to Luke and Han. And maybe in Empire they could have Vader steal it from the rebel base on Hoth and cackle out "Finally I have it! I don't know what it is or what point it has but I have it! KWAHAHAHAHA"

GMTOD- I completely agree. Aykin would have been a far superior shortened name and it would have been masculine. What the hell is so hard about that. I figured it out in a second.

JYAMG- If a guy had dared to call Vader Annie he would have used the force to crush something other than his neck.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#20 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:28 PM

Wait a minute I just figured something out! Annie isn't a mistake it's a plot device!!! Anakin got a complex from being called by a female name and in his spare time (when he should have been rescuing his mother) he was crossdressing! Then Obi Wan caught him in a bar one day, coming on to guys and smoking deathsticks and that's what started the battle between them and led to Vader's boundless rage! You see? It makes perfect sense now, Lucas is a genius! I'm sure this will be proved in te extra special shiney DVD edition wherein Vader is sitting in that little chamber wearing a mini skirt when the admiral comes to fetch him.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#21 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:29 PM

Ah, ANNIE is such a masculine sounding nickname.

HE WAS 10 YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok heres another scene (im getting the sense that i`m the only one taking this thread seriously wink.gif )

Anakin confessing to Padme about the Tusken slaughter. gave me chills.

#22 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 24 September 2004 - 11:37 PM

Exactly Jariten! That's why Lucas had Annie start out as a kid. It's in ouri childhood that we develop our persona and that nickname was the main motivation for his turn to the darkside because he couldn't resign the hatred he had for his masculinity and the feeling that he should have been a girl. Also having a bunch of miscobial beings for a father might have something to do with it as well.

I guess if you were into teh movie that scene might have had Merit but Padme's response was insane and that broke the believability. If Padme had any moral fibre at all she might have said something besides "Oh Annie you so silly!" The fact that noone really minded it and that he never seems to have any guilt or trouble with the decision to slaughter an entire village makes it very unbelievable.

#23 User is offline   Give Me The Originals Dammit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:09 AM

[/QUOTE](im getting the sense that i`m the only one taking this thread seriously )[QUOTE]
I honestly did try to think of a scene where I got an emotional response, but I really could not think of a single moment in either prequel that made me feel anything. Just when I start thinking of a scene that may have come close, it just becomes easier to start tearing the damn thing apart because of the movie's poor execution in damn near every scene where I was supposed to shed a tear, laugh out loud or feel any kind of connection to the characters! The closest to an actual emotion (other than anger for paying to see it on the big screen) was probably when Anakin and Padme declare their love for each other in episode 2. Then I started going what the hell? When did they fall in love? Did I miss something? Now I know thee two are supposed to get together... but it seems to me they went from "Annie, you'll always be that little boy to me." to "Annie I love you!" Those scenes that were supposed to show their growing attraction did anything but!

#24 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:13 AM

but it seems to me they went from "Annie, you'll always be that little boy to me." to "Annie I love you!"

those two quotes were from the beginning of the film, and the end, respectivly. the bits where they fall in love happen in between.

#25 User is offline   Give Me The Originals Dammit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 01:28 AM

Which I did address...
Those scenes that were supposed to show their growing attraction did anything but!

#26 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:29 AM

Jariten, they should never have called Anakin "Annie" no matter how old he was because we as the audience need to watch him turn into Darth Vader and then take him seriously.

And speaking of taking things seriously, as you seem to believe that some of us aren't taking this thread seriously, perhaps I could enlighten you as to why that is.

It is no fault of ours, Jariten. It is because Lucas himself didn't take the prequels seriously. Just look at all the silliness, two-headed football .. er podrace... commentators, slobbering CGI gungans, slapstick comedy etc and you may begin to understand this problem. I don't know. Perhaps you saw different versions of the films from everyone else but what we saw were full of such silliness.

Please take the time to read my thread on the subject -

How can we take the prequels seriously when...

#27 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:19 AM

i was just trying to be funny again with that "people not taking it seriously" comment. another triumph! laugh.gif

and for the record///

two-headed football .. er podrace... commentators

i hated them too

slapstick comedy

JJ steps in shit- i hated that

JJ falls over- I hated that

JJ largely ruins the gungan/droid battle- i hated that

#28 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:35 AM

I started this column as a joke because I doubted anyone would be able to get something. It's not actually supposed to be serious. The reason we never had any emotions is because we never cared for any of the characters. Let's look at the basic character conepts from the PT compared to the OT

Anakin- A child who leaves home with some strangers 'cuz he feels like it.

Luke- A young man who gets involved in a search for Obi Wan Kenobi and then is drawn into the rebellion after losing his parents.

Qui Gon- A guy who is dead set on training Anakin for some odd reason

Obi Wan- A man who is willing to sacrifice his life to help train Luke in order to make up for his past mistakes

Amidala- A woman who falls in love with an apparent fascist mass murderer even though she opposes dictatorship and violence.

Leiah- She falls in love with someone she considers a scoundrel at first because she slowly realizes he has a good heart and that she is attracted to him.

When things are plausible it generally makes them have more affect.

#29 User is offline   jariten Icon

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2004 - 03:00 AM

Let's look at the basic character conepts from the PT

heres my take on it.

Anakin- a kid who dreams of escape to somewhere better, to become and jedi and help people and who is eventually pushed into it unprepared, forcing him to leave behind the mother he loves.

Qui Gon- a rebel who doesnt hold with the rigid nature of the council- instead he does what he feels is best and often breaks the rules or does reckless things in order to do so- in TPM`s case he wants to help Anakin realise his dreams.

Padme- a girl who takes her life into her own hands by brazenly taking on the forces that have occupied her planet and enslaved her people

etc.

#30 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:20 PM

AOTC reminds me of 'The Hills Have Eyes'

hillbillies v rednecks...

you don't care for either side...

except that the Psycho Budgie eating, Hellbille delux 'devil man' that is probably Rob Zombies father, delivered a line with blood and feathers all over his face and pointy filed teeth: "I come back for you later Girly!"
...with a knife in his hand.

that was still more romantic then anything 'annie' said to padme...

it was more or less like:

Padme:oh, annie you've grown
Annie:only in my pants m'lady
Padme:stop staring at me
Annie:your skin is soft, i'd like to wear it as jacket and strut infront of the mirror with my flesh sabre tucked between my legs, saying 'I'd fuck me'
Padme:uh... i have to go over here now
Annie:wanna do it
Padme:NO!!!
Annie:how about now?
Padme:ALRIGHT!!! JUST SHUT UP!!!
Annie:score, no more beating off to my mother...
Padme:ewwww...

This post has been edited by barend: 26 September 2004 - 09:22 PM

• (3 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size