• (2 Pages)
  • +

Star Wars trilogy on sale Pre-order

#1 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:27 AM

I just thought I will share this with you. Quite accidentaly I came across an ad for pre-ordering Star Wars trilogy in www.thisislondon.co The price is allegedly 27.99 GBP delivered. DVD region only for Europe (2). I suppose the price in US will the same but in USD.

I am still of two minds whether to buy it or not. I have no possibility to get the unscrewed version here.

#2 User is offline   jariten Icon

• making the nature scene
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:58 AM

i preordered mine from Amazon for about the same price. they deliver it first class on day of release too. and dont forget, even if you hate the new changes, its still a good chance to see SW totally, perfectly restored with massively improved sound and visuals etc. 28 pound is pretty cheap. plus theres the documentary and the commentaries etc.

#3 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:36 AM

To buy or not to buy.... that is the question.

Whether it is easier on the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous changes...

or take arms against a sea of Lucas marketing, and by opposing, end it?

..... no way in hell am I going to waste my money on this.

#4 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:36 AM

Might as well get it in this form. 'Never know when they'll pull that "own it now, for the last time" threat.

#5 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:26 AM

Come on, guys. If you all hand over your money, even though you're not happy about it, Lucas wins. But if all the people who want the untainted versions of the film refrain from purchasing this plastic coated junk, it may just get the message across.... not that Lucas would care, but we should let him know.

Regardless of whether you think such a protest would have any effect, why would you want to purchase movies that you most probably will be unable to watch because they're so terrible?

And do you want to put another cent in the pocket of the man who has ruined these movies for us?

Come on, people. Think.

This post has been edited by Just your average movie goer: 15 September 2004 - 09:26 AM

#6 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2004 - 12:07 PM

Madam, I have ESB and ROTJ original VHS with me. And since I will abandoning Star Wars once Episode III comes out, maybe I can send them to by mail to where you're living... that is, assuming of course, my parents let me do that.

Also, I can give you the rest of my SW collection to boot, since I won't be needing that either because after I watch them one last time, I'll never pick them up again (I've said that roughly a million times already!).

That'll be after Episode III comes out in the UAE, which should be roughly a year from now. Is that OK with you?

#7 User is offline   artoo1121 Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:06 PM

I'm planning on buying all the VHS I can get my hands on. I figure everyone will be selling their old VHS copies when they buy the DVDs, so I'll just buy them back up from the resale shop in town.
Right now I have 5 copies of the OT, but I want to be safe. But there is no way Lucas is going to get any of my money from that crapfest! =)

#8 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:09 PM

the only way i'm getting a copy of it is if i win a competition i didn't enter...

and even then i'll burn it just so there's one less in circulation!!!!

fuck Star Wars!

#9 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 15 September 2004 - 09:25 PM

Hear hear.

#10 User is offline   Despondent Icon

• Think for yourself
  • Interests:Laughter. Louis pups. Percussion. What binds us. Bicycling, Tennis.

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:47 PM

I'm sorry, I just wanted to clarify intended sarcasm in the above post.

FSW yell.gif

#11 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:09 AM

Ah, I see it now. It's a difficult thing sometimes, putting sarcasm into writing - especially when you're communicating with people on the other side of the world who you've never met.

#12 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Paladin @ Sep 15 2004, 12:07 PM)
Madam, I have ESB and ROTJ original VHS with me. And since I will abandoning Star Wars once Episode III comes out, maybe I can send them to by mail to where you're living... that is, assuming of course, my parents let me do that.

Also, I can give you the rest of my SW collection to boot, since I won't be needing that either because after I watch them one last time, I'll never pick them up again (I've said that roughly a million times already!).

That'll be after Episode III comes out in the UAE, which should be roughly a year from now. Is that OK with you?

wub.gif Paladin, thank you, that's very, very sweet and generous of you. But I really would not want such sacrifice from your side. Keep your collection for your children (or any other kids worthy of it, if you are not planning to have any in the nearest future smile.gif ), so you can show them those pure versions. And - you never know, you may rediscover them yourself some time.

For example, the thing I regret most is throwing away all my early Star Wars novels I wrote when I was twelve.

Also, the problem with me is that I have never owned a VCR. I watch all I have on my computer. It seems a bit too much to me to buy a VCR (and probably a TV too, in case you cannot connect a VCR to the computer) - all just to watch three films.

But JYAMG is right about giving money to Lucas. I gather I needed a reminder of that biggrin.gif We should avoid it at all cost.

Maybe I will come across a divix version one day.

#13 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:59 AM

Wow Madam, I thought I was the only human being who didn't own a tv. Though I used to watch movies and play video games a lot I rarely ever watch tv.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#14 User is offline   Madam Corvax Icon

• Buggy Purveyor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (J m HofMarN @ Sep 16 2004, 12:59 AM)
Wow Madam, I thought I was the only human being who didn't own a tv. Though I used to watch movies and play video games a lot I rarely ever watch tv.

Glad to hear that, J M HofMarN. smile.gif

I discovered a long time ago that TV kills family life. Also watching TV late at night brings alternately insomnia and bad dreams. But I also watch films and play games when I have time.

#15 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:30 AM

there's some decent shows on TV but it just makes you so complacent and you pretty much have to watch whatevers on at a given time.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size