Chefelf.com Night Life: ‘Batman’ held for scaling Buckingham Palace wall - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (2 Pages)
  • +

‘Batman’ held for scaling Buckingham Palace wall Tuesday, September 14, 2004

#16 User is offline   Jane Sherwood Icon

• Hello Master
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Far too many to list in this tiny space...

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:55 AM

That's brilliant, man... laugh.gif
Check out my crappy drawings!

Chyld is an ignorant slut.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space; I'm a loony, for God's sake!"
- Campbell Bean (David Tennant), Takin' Over the Asylum, 1994
XD

#17 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 16 September 2004 - 06:09 PM

A lot to say on this story. First of all I read it on MSNBC.com wherein they interviewed a few other people about it. It was one of many moments when I've been ashamed to be an American. Why you ask? Because the poor British journalists made the mistake of interviewing a tourist from the southern US who said something to the effect of "I think they should have darted that feller, taken him to the zoo and locked him in the ape cage"...

Guy from the south, thank you, now they're NEVER going to ask an American anything again. If anyone can find this guys comments and post them here it would really be a big help, I think they took the story down ebcause of them where I saw it.

And yeah the British are great for protests. I remember after the fall of Baghdad some blokes made a bronze statue of president Bush and then toppled it. It's not that they're braver than we are stateside, they're just more creative.

And I have to sympathize with this guys cause, which is one thing that's been ignored in most of the media. Also, I think he vastly deserves to see his kid now. Anyone can knock up some chick but it takes a man to climb the wall of Buckingham palace.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#18 User is offline   Jen Icon

• Mrs. Chefelf
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Being Chefelf's girlfriend has been an interest of mine for some time now. I also enjoy am interested in packing, unpacking, and organizing acres of cardboard boxes into a livable structure.

Posted 17 September 2004 - 11:11 AM

While on the one hand, you gotta admire a guy who wants to see his children so bad he climbs up Buckingham Palace dressed as Batman, you also have to wonder, what kind of batshit lunatic is he? For some reason that Father's group he's involved with gave me a skeevy feeling -- maybe they are just dads who are being screwed by venegful exes or malicious judges, but, as I say, their group website makes me think they might be suspicious.

#19 User is offline   Little princess Icon

• Mini Boss
  • PipPip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:21 AM

'Batshit lunatic' is extremely apt Jen.

I read where his current livein girlfriend has walked out with their 7 month old daughter. She is sick of his stupid stunts.

He obviously loves publicity of any kind.

#20 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

They don't hurt anyone and its obvious they're frustrated with the system, I say all power to them. By the way I found the news article I was looking for where they asked for comments on the incident. Most of the Britons interviewed said things like "This raises fears that terrorists could get in" or "someone could have been seriously hurt" However the American they interviewed had this to say.

“Personally I think they should’ve called London Zoo, got them to come over and dart the guy, catch him in a net, and have him wake up in a gorilla cage,” said South Carolina native Chris Rodrigues.

This country would have a much better reputation if people didnt keep giving it a bad reputation...

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#21 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:38 PM

They don't hurt anyone and its obvious they're frustrated with the system, I say all power to them.

I dunno.... as Jen & Princess note, the skill sets for "breaking into the buck dressed as batman" and "being a good father" are quite different.

#22 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 20 September 2004 - 03:25 AM

Oh come on Laura if you were a little kid and your dad dressed up as batman and climbed the whitehouse you'd be incredibly proud. However if his kid is a teenager their lives are forfeited as of the exact minute he went up there. I really hope his offspring are not of the age when such a thing might be embarassing...

#23 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 20 September 2004 - 10:33 AM

i can't think of any age where i would have been embarrased about my father doing that...

but then my father is dutch....

and when a dutchmen does something it's just entertaining no matter what...

I guess that's why reality TV only really worked in Holland.

#24 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 21 September 2004 - 12:33 AM

Agreed. My dad's german and if he'd done something like this I'd have had to be in on it. And if I were unable to I'd at least be in a large public place when the story broke so I could clap my hands and say "That's my pop!"

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size