Chefelf.com Night Life: Schwarzenegger outlaws sex with corpses - Chefelf.com Night Life

Crappy News Forum

This is a REPLY ONLY form. Only Crappy News Moderators can post news topics here. Anyone is free to reply to the news topics. It's the Crappy News Forum, where everyone's a winner!

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Schwarzenegger outlaws sex with corpses Monday, September 13, 2004

#31 User is offline   Deven Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Randomness, bad movies, Stevin, reading, desperately praying that NYC nightlife makes a comeback before I'm too old to enjoy it, mootness and ripeness.

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:11 PM

I don't think it falls in the conventional definition of date rape. As with all rape, the first step with date rape is consent.

Which raises the question: Did she consent?

It seems as if she did, after some prodding. She obviously regrets her decision to submit, but does that mean she was raped?

The reason I posted the article is that it talks about the difficult, shifting nature of the idea of "consent." Is there a meaningful distinction between submission and consent in sex?

My next question is this: where's the line? He pestered her for hours. She doesn't say he threatened her at all (in fact, she says he didn't do so); just that he begged and whined. If submission to insistent requests is rape, then doesn't that change the entire art of woo-ery?

But, more particularly, I think it's a little glib to say that she didn't give him her "don't get any ideas" warning because she hadn't made up her mind yet.

This post has been edited by Deven: 14 September 2004 - 02:13 PM

#32 User is offline   civilian_number_two Icon

• Canada's Next Top Model.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Head Moderator
  • Interests:I like stuff.

Posted 14 September 2004 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Deven @ Sep 14 2004, 02:11 PM)
But, more particularly, I think it's a little glib to say that she didn't give him her "don't get any ideas" warning because she hadn't made up her mind yet.

Ok.
"I had a lot of different ideas. At one point, Luke, Leia and Ben were all going to be little people, and we did screen tests to see if we could do that." -George Lucas, in STAR WARS: the Annotated Screenplays (p197).

#33 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 September 2004 - 11:42 PM

The other thing she doesn't seem to have made up her mind about is how much she values her body sexually speaking. Little enough so as to give it up in order to stop some ongoing pesturing but enough to be enraged that she did so.

She gave him consent. This isn't about him at all, pesturing someone isn't a crime. This is about her own mind. If this is any kind of rape it's self inflicted.

I agree with her in that there is a major issue with women giving up consent when they're not sure they really want to. But it's not this whiny guys fault that she hadn't figured it out for herself.

Even in date-rape there needs to be a rapist.

This post has been edited by WalrusOfPlastic: 14 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

#34 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Crappy News Team
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 September 2004 - 04:36 AM

barends prposal.

new law.

only girls are permitted to make the first move.
this way any guy thinking about makeing a move will know that he will be in violation of the rules. girls no longer have to worry about sending the right signal. and most importantly shy guys with next to no confidence will finnally learn once and for all that women are not intersted in them. and the few that are will not be missing out due to social incompence.

what do you think...

#35 User is offline   Amber-Nicole Icon

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • PipPipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:04 AM

I prefer to make the first move anyway. biggrin.gif

As for the shy guys without much confidence....Those are the best ones. I love them. Guys with confidence tend to be assholes, for the most part. They think they can get anything they want, when they want it. There is always that adorable little shy guy, who is sooooo sweet, because he's always worried he might not be good enough, but worrying about that in itself proves that he's better than good enough. Those kinds of guys are always the best boyfriends, the ones who will really take care of you. smile.gif
"And there's not a bloody thing the king of Sweden can do about it!" -Ninja Duck (Hey, somebody had to use it. ~_^)

#36 User is offline   Deven Icon

• New Cop
  • Group: Junior Members
  • Interests:Randomness, bad movies, Stevin, reading, desperately praying that NYC nightlife makes a comeback before I'm too old to enjoy it, mootness and ripeness.

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:23 AM

Hmm . . . Silly me, here I am dating an asshole . . .

That's it, new boyfriend time.

#37 User is offline   Paladin Icon

• Soothsayer
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2004 - 01:06 PM

Corect me if I'm wrong. Buit isn't having sex with a corpse already illegal in the United States?

#38 User is offline   WalrusOfPlastic Icon

• Not Greg
  • PipPip

Posted 15 September 2004 - 02:57 PM

I guess the point is it's not a federal law, as most sexual laws aren't, and wasn't specifically mentioned in California.

#39 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

• Knows All The Girls Named Lola
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tyranny

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:29 PM

Now I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade here but this action does have historical precidents. Remember prohibition? Something that had previously been allowed, indeed ingrained into the American character, was outlawed. I think that if the lust for corpse sex is anything like some peoples love of Alcohol we can expect to see a lot of things happening in California. Mobsters wil lbegin smuggling corpses over the border. Corpse-easies will open in neighborhood bars. Cops will be bribed to ignore it and mob king pins will rise and do battle with eachother for control of the lucrative necrophilia racket. Gangsters like Tommy "Dead man mover" Spirello will do battle with counter parts such as Sal "Icky Dick" Diamani in the streets of San Francisco! But watch out, FBI agents the unfuckables will be hot on the tail of these morbid mad men to uphold the law.

I'm sorry, that was absurd and gross even for absurd humor.

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.
- Deucaon toes a hard line on gay fetus rights.

#40 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man
  • Interests:The Beers of Western Europe, Cognac, and constantly claiming the world would have been a better place if Napoleon had won.

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:11 PM

but it would make a cool movie...

other characters:

Candy 'the Cadaver' Callgirl
'Corpse' O'Morse (undercover cop)

they could call the movie
THE BONE MOLESTER

#41 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:58 PM

That's brilliant! We could get Michael Jackson and Courtney love to play corpses and of course Bruce Campbell and Christopher Walken would have to be involved as well. Some memorable lines could include.

Driver: "Look officer O'morse, I told you already that these aren't corpses, they were just Mexican migrant workers I was bringing up here, I had NO idea they died on the way"

O'morse: "If these are Mexican migrants than why are some of these corpses black?"

Driver: "I'm an equal opportunity smuggler"

And, the criminal mastermind making his plan:

Spirello: "Once I get rid of that jew bastard Sal Diamani and take care of our detective O'morse here I'll rule this town! Every time that someone fucks a corpse around here they're gunna think of me, Tommy the corpse mover Spirello!!! Hwahahahahaha"

O'morse: "You're a fool Spirello, Diamani is only using you to get rid of me! Think about it, why else would he have set up the handover for hte corpses? He's going to let you take the blame for this. You can't expect me to just let you get away with selling corpses around here!... gurgh! -Omorse is immersed in a tank full of corpses-

Spirello: No Mr. O'morse... I expect you... to die! hahahahahaha"

I don't know about you but I have never advocated that homosexuals, for any reason, be cut out of their mother's womb and thrown into a bin.

#42 User is offline   barend Icon

• Anchor Head Anchor Man

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:15 AM

and no one talks to dead O'Morse of corse!!!

----------------------------------------------

protection? of course... she was already wrapped in plastic when i found her...
*waggle cigar and eyebrows*

#43 User is offline   looktothesky Icon

• Tudo Bem.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Amber-Nicole @ Sep 15 2004, 07:04 AM)
I prefer to make the first move anyway. biggrin.gif

Hear hear!!
PRECIOUS VELIUS....

#44 User is offline   J m HofMarN Icon

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:52 PM

I think we really have something revolutionary and special here Barend. Let's start pitching this idea to Hollywood!...

#45 User is offline   SimeSublime Icon

• Monkey Proof
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:12 AM

I like both the proposition of the movie and that girls should make the first move. The former will just be an awesome movie, and the latter would save me a lot of stress.
The Green Knight, SimeSublime the Puffinesque, liker of chips and hunter of gnomes.
JM's official press secretary, scientific advisor, diplomat and apparent antagonist?

• (4 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size