Chefelf.com Night Life: Our favourite actors... - Chefelf.com Night Life

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Our favourite actors... The people we like to watch.

#16 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:42 AM

I agree. I was just commending Alan because he made it possible for me to sit all the way through a truly awful movie. That's not an easy thing to do.

#17 User is offline   Laura Icon

• Brother Redcloud
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:gnome habits

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:32 PM

Truly Madly Deeply? Galaxy Quest? Harry Potter? Die Hard? Alan Rickman has been amazing in quite a variety of movies! He deserves to be knighted.

Also, Patrick Stewart makes my day. He narrated an IMAX documentary on whales. It was great!

#18 User is offline   Give Me The Originals Dammit Icon

• Henchman
  • Pip
  • Group: Junior Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:28 AM

Kevin Kline: I don't know if it's the films or the actor himself, but I can't think of a movie he was in I was ever dissappointed with.

Christopher Walkin: The man can just be so entertaining without even doing anything particularly entertaining.

Bruce Campbell: This is really a guilty pleasure, I just like the man.

#19 User is offline   Just your average movie goer Icon

• -
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2004 - 04:04 AM

That comment about Christopher Walken is so true. I don't know why. But he's fun to watch, even though there there's no logical reason sometimes.

And didn't we all love it when they made that film clip for "Weapon of Choice" which was just Christopher Walken dancing everywhere? Fantastic. Seeing him grinning was hilarious in itself.

#20 User is offline   Lord Aquaman Icon

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Movies, comic books, some mythology... basically anything that's larger than life.

Posted 16 December 2004 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (Just your average movie goer @ Sep 10 2004, 06:53 PM)
By and large, I am not too concerned about who the actors are in a film I watch.  I am more concerned as to whether it is a good film or not.  For example, I had no idea who most of the cast were for Lord of the Rings... but it didn't matter.  They were great films (the first being incredibly superb) and the actors all did a fine job.

However, there are some actors out there who I just love to watch - and if they're in a movie, I'm always keen to have a look.

My favourite actor of all time is Bill Murray.  I love the man's style.  He is such a likeable man and it always comes through in the characters he plays.  Granted, he plays himself for the most part - but the guy does have a lot of range.  But he always brings warmth and a charming dry wit to the screen.  This man has never let me down.  I'd watch anything that he was in, just to see what he did - I even watched Stripes because he was in it.

Next, I'd probably say Jack Nicholson.  This guy is fun.  He always has been - and his face is practically a trademark... he can convey so many emotions through his exaggerated facial exp​ressions, it is a very useful asset for his work.  I think everyone on this forum would be a fan of this guy.

Alan Rickman - the guy is fantastic.  I would not have been able to sit through that awful Kevin Costner Robin Hood film if it hadn't been for Alan.  And wasn't he fantastic in that recent film Galaxy Quest?

Okay - these are just some starters.  Over to you guys.

I like Harrison Ford, whether it's his sardonic Han Solo, his rough and tumble Indiana Jones or any given number of his powerfully quiet, reluctant heroes (Patriot Games, The Fugitive, Air Force One).

Arnold Schwarzenegger was never an actor, but I enjoyed him in a couple of films - the first Terminator (T2 was marred by Edward Furlong), the first Conan, Commando, Predator, The Running Man, and even his badly dubbed film debut Hercules In New York come to mind.

I've also enjoyed the much maligned Charlton Heston on a number of occasions - Soylent Green, Touch of Evil, Ben-Hur, The 10 Commandments.

Jeff Goldblum usually brings something to the table, be it his hideous demise in "The Fly", his amiable ensemble parts in "Jurassic Park", "ID4", "Earth Girls Are Easy" and "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai", or his affable lead parts in stuff like "The Tall Guy".
I am the Fisher King.

I'd like a qui-gon jinn please with an obi-wan to go.

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

• Decrease editor size
  • Increase editor size